We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Haven Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

Hello Haven fans! I know you exist because you pretty much trounced the competition in our Best of 2013 votestravaganza, ensuring that your fave Syfy drama took home the top honor of Best Overall Series. So how are you this afternoon? I hope you've gotten plenty of rest since the polls closed, because you're going to need a lot of energy to celebrate the news I have for you today: Syfy has (finally) renewed Haven for Season 5!

But wait, that's not all! Get ready for double the Troubles, because instead of going with a standard 13-episode run, Syfy has expanded Haven's episode order to a whopping 26 episodes. 

According to the network, the fourth season of the fan-favorite series—which concluded with a cliffhanger in December, leaving many viewers anxious to know the show's fate—was up 11 percent among adults 18-34, and averaged 2.3 million viewers a week in its Friday-night time slot, which likely explains the decision to go with a supersized Season 5. The first 13 episodes are slated to begin production this spring and will air this fall; the remaining 13 will air in 2015. 

thekaitling:list:on-a-scale-from-1-to-10-how-excited-are-you-about-havens-renewal/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/17/2015

Season 5 : Episode 26

65 Comments
Comments (65)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
You gota make a seadon 6 its a great show!! Number ive fan here...
Flag
Can't wait!
Flag
BEST SHOW EVER
Flag
I love Haven can't wait for it to come back :)
Flag
Soooo excited about the new season & it's double episode run!!! Love love love the show ☺
Flag
Me too!
Flag
One of my favorite shows!
Flag
Love the show, so I'm excited for 26 more episodes, but I think calling it an extended season 5 is kind of silly.

Let's see...they are going to air 13 episodes and end it with a 'mid-season-cliffhanger', then take god knows how long of an hiatus, then air 13 episodes?? How is this different than having season 5 and season 6? Why not just say "Haven has been renewed for two more seasons"?
Flag
I don't really see the difference - except we at least know (maybe) that there will be another 13 episodes early 2015. There seems to be a lot of shows (Suits, Justified, White Collar and many others) that seem to think a season is 13 episodes :)
Flag
What about the ones that think 10 or even 8 episodes is enough?? I don't even bother with those shows any more.
Flag
Season 5 of Haven and it's whooping 26 episodes pick-up is like the best late Christmas gift ever. For all the downfalls and shortcomings of the show, it's so damn good that I can't help but smile sheepishly while punching the air with 'yes, we have s05!'
Flag
The season will have a 40 week "break" in the middle I think.
Still it is good news for a show I like.
Flag
First of all, YAY!!!!! I would like this post 100 times if it would let me. Second, I agree, much to my dismay, that this 26 episode season will likely have a planned end. An 11% hike isn't enough of a hike for SyFy to all of a sudden be super team-Haven. Regardless, I'm psyched it will be back!!!!!
Flag
Mixed emotions. Looking forward to the big season but afraid it means the end is nigh. Syfy did super-sized seasons before axing Eureka and Warehouse 13.
Flag
Definitely happy for Haven's hard core fans... but I would have preferred a 3rd season of Alphas... sorry
Flag
Oh happy day, with Warehouse 13 ending this year, and Being Humun being more something you watch but can't wait till it is being cancelled, I think Haven is the only great show they got left. So it is great they keep it.
Flag
how?????? its on at a horrible day
Flag
Yay! Now we just need to get Audrey back to being Audrey very quickly and this will be just perfect.
Flag
They could have just said that they renewed Haven for 2 seasons instead of "pretending" there will be one season with double the episodes airing over a span of 2 years. Seriously... is this some sort of marketing thing?
Flag
yeah, and possibly get some good peek at that Other world as well as finally get some ANSWERS instead of hints, half-trues, and answers that only raise more answers, and Haven is like the perfect show :D
Flag
well, that should have been 'answers that raise more questions' there ;)
Flag
I was actually disappointed by how much they already revealed. Or rather what and how they revealed it. The whole "other world"/"aliens" story just seemed like a cheap explanation and in German we would say "aus den Haaren gegriffen" which can be roughly translated to "grabbed out of thin air". And what happened to everyone else in the barn? What about the Colorado Kid? Did everyone forget him?
Flag
As it should be! So happy. :)
Flag
Actually on a scale of 1-10 I'm at a 26! But you didn't have that option in the poll :P Now I just hope they do what they did with Teen Wolf when it got a 24 ep pick up for S3. Do 2 seasons in 1. 13 episode story arch and then another 13 episode story arch. That way you can keep the tension and the pace we've come to know and love going and cover a lot of ground too. Oh, I can't WAIT!!!!
Flag
That's good. But what I'd like to see is that this would be final season with a good closure at the end. 26 eps allow that, develop the story, finish it, tie loose ends and then end it as writers wanted, not because it got axed.
Flag
While I'm very happy to see a 5th season renewal, the 26 episodes worry me just a bit. Not only does it raise the likelihood that there will be a ton of filler episodes and the dreaded recap/flashback episodes, but that this could send the production costs soaring, thus keeping it from any chance of a 6th season. Fingers crossed people, fingers crossed.
Flag
I hope they fully explain who or what William & Audrey are and where they come from. In a flashback we saw them in what looked like early European-American settlers' clothes, but according to that diary the troubles are referenced in legend from a Native American tribe (something that sounds like Mick Maw however it's spelled), and Vince being partially descended from that tribe means he's some sort of protector, so do the Troubles' pre-date the Europeans' arrival, or Audrey & Wiliam originally from Europe & they brought the Troubles to America? Audrey & William are white, but if they're from that inter-dimensional universe, are they in their original forms? Ditto for "Agent Howard", who was black and if he or something chose that form it probably wasn't as conducive to a safe life 200 years ago. They also need to fully explain how Audrey started doing what she does, having someone else's memories, falling in love while helping troubled people, and ending the troubles for 27 years by going into the barn. The exterior of the barn looks fairly modern, not like what would have been built 200 years ago, so does it change or update it's style to keep up with the times?
More+
Flag
For 26 eps, I sure hope they put a certain kraken like creature responsible/related for all this mess...
Flag
you should have put an 11 on there! yay full season!! seriously, that last cliffhanger was brutal.
Flag
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
I am happy about the renewal. I loved seasons one and two. Season three started badly, but finished really well. Unfortunately I thought season four began well, but the last run of episodes were really terrible. At least now they will get a chance to redeem them. I hope they bring Jennifer back, I thought she was a good addition. Gloria rocks. I really hope that we've seen the last of Colin Ferguson in Haven, I like the actor but William just didn't work. At least now we'll get a chance to see how it all plays out, regardless!
Flag
Awesome news!!! An advance order of 26 episodes is a huge vote of confidence by Syfy. Don't screw this one up writers.
Flag
Syfy as made me so happy today.
Flag
Yes! Thank you, Syfy!
Flag
Sorry, I thought last season was the worst and would not have cared if it were canceled. I wanted Audrey to be the bar girl and not remember - sort of like a reset button. Ferguson had no chemistry and it did not help that I still see him as the sheriff of Eureka. Jason Priestly guest starred once and I could not help thinking it was too bad he did not have Ferguson's role instead, as Priestly's chemistry with Rose was quite good at the time. Of course, you can't have him back as another character and you could not have seen the future when creating this show. Then there was Duke's brother being created out of the blue (I've no memory of him ever being mentioned) and being basically pointless. The best thing last season was the new girl that could hear Audrey in the barn and her relationship with Duke. I'll start next season to see what happens, but they need to redeem themselves for me.
Flag
I agree that William was a fail but he could have been better with a different actor (Ferguson's just not good as a bad guy). The "Duke's brother" storyline was probably just there to give Duke that strange new trouble, but it took time from the show that they could have used elsewhere. If they'd had a double season, I think more could have been done and it would have worked much better.
Regardless of the show's faults in season 4, I would cry if the show were canceled.
Flag
It occurred to me that the actor who played Duke's brother could have been cast as William. That might have worked better.
Flag
OMG! SyFy you crazy cats - THANK YOU! That is fucking all!
Flag
Mind-blowing. I don't watch the show, but it's still mind-blowing. I know the show has a small but dedicated fan base, so good for you.
Flag
And now for the bad news. In the first episode of season 5, an invisible dome descends upon Haven, and it turns out "the barn" had this little purple egg in it...
Flag
This season really did need a couple more episodes. The 26 episode renewal is so spread out it is essentially two separate seasons anyway, either way good news.
Flag
I am not even gonna continue watching "Haven" anymore now... Since Emily Rose's character betrayed everybody and turn to the dark side... They've change alot at end of Last Season cause events... And Seriously I am not even sure at all... She's gonna be like another "Bill" from True Blood of Season 6 or "Alex" from Nikita of Season 3 really...

Flag
Audrey didn't betray anyone. Mara (aka the Original Audrey) took over her body. That's big difference.
Flag
How the heck is that a big difference?
When Mara is basically Audrey originally self lost key of her past... She basically turn back into being Mara, at the end of Last Season cause events... So yeah, she did betrayed the couple and her connection love support to be...

And what made you think Audrey is being posed by her originally self Mara? When the 2 last episodes of last season, was a key return of her, originally self Mara coming back just like William himself evil and all...

I am so sorry!!! You people don't actually agree with me...
But I am not wrong here!!!
How the heck Is Audrey originally self lost key of her past Mara... Actually turn out to be ghost pose over her body? When basically she didn't die for those many years and was kept into barn stay young and safe...

And the only thing make this being sense... Is if Audrey & Mara are actually Twin Sisters from birth along time ago... And not the same born person from key lost life memory... And William connected to Audrey's Twin Sister turn out to be evil and died... While Audrey was kept safe into barn and came back as few names and personalities... And then now, they called and bring Audrey's Twin Sister Mara, back from the dead thru taking over posing her body...

If anything I type down is true story? Well, i will give Haven another go then... If not then my original post still stands being right, not wrong!

No, you people are wrong here... Not me here!!!
More +
Flag
No, there's was no big difference at all from end of last season... Mara is Audrey Original Self from the past life... Which it means she did betrayed everybody at the cause events... And these's was no posing over into her body at all, and turn back into Mara being like William at Dark Side...

And yes, your right! Audrey didn't betrayed anybody at all... But her Originally self Mara still stands did betrayed the group... And no, there was no posing over into her body at all... She turn back into Mara at the last minute cause of the events...
Flag
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

This is one of the best shows on TV, and a rare one where I can say I like every character in the series. There is not one character I dislike or hate, and that is a rarity! lol.

It made me worry they increased the number of episodes because it will be the last season ever though. I hope it isn't, and that they can go on for more seasons afterwards.
I hope they air season 5B after christmas/spring 2015 and don't wait til fall 2015, because then it's just two seasons instead of one big one... But no matter if they call it season 5 or 5 and 6, it still means 26 more episodes and that is what I call great news regardless.
Flag
So excited. I was getting worried.

I'm not worried about 26 episodes being too much for three reasons. One they will be in two halves so its basically 2 more seasons of 13 episodes. Two this season could have used some more episodes so it wasn't as rushed. Three even if it means more filler episodes the first two seasons were basically all filler episodes with a new trouble every episode. I enjoyed the first season so fillers will be fine as long as they're true to the show.
Flag
I am so pleased and relieved that Haven will be back!
Flag
So 13 eps this year and 13 eps next year, I would call that 2 seasons, not one big one.

But hey, I'm HAPPY!!!!!
Flag
Love that Haven has been renewed (such an underrated show) but I worry about the double amount of episodes. We'll either get too much filler like Warehouse 13, or, like Teen Wolf, the writers will struggle with the load. So call me positive but with concerns.
Flag
On the other hand, the biggest complaint last season was that they jumped all over the place and really rushed things. Maybe more episodes would let them slow things down a bit.
Flag
It really is the best original content SciFi show that they have.
Flag
Very excited for the renewal, but I actually hope Jennifer is truly (and permanently) dead. Her character drives me nuts -- way too wimpy and helpless, especially to be with someone like Duke.
Flag
Very excited (and I feel like the lesson from Teen Wolf might be learned here, just because you have more for one technical season, you don't need to treat it different than your one shorter season division). Lets see....

I hope Jennifer survives....and Duke too (I keep forgetting he was in danger), I just really liked them together.

I am fine if Audrey and Mira can battle it out, but I don't want all Mira all the time. Even though they were finally together, I kind of hope they play up the true love angle between her and Nathan more even if it is predictable to just sort it out, I would rather see a scooby sort of team develop between the foursome.

Someone better make Dave talk....
Flag
I'm so happy and relieved! I was keeping the faith, but admit that I was mentally preparing myself for a cancellation announcement.

I love this little show and I can't wait to see what they do with more episodes. Hopefully SyFy gives the writers the freedom to go in a more serialized direction. I still enjoy the troubles of the week. But the main mysteries and myth arch are way more exciting.

I promised myself that I'd visit Haven (aka Lunenburg area, Nova Scotia) the next time they filmed. Who's with me?
Flag
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

*FINALLY*

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 episodes. 26 episodes. 26 episodes - I can't belive it - if it's a dream PLEASE DON'T WAKE ME UP!!!!

I'M BEYOND HAPPY NOW :))))))))
Flag
Yipeeee Ay ye! I told you it would get renewed! But even I didn't expect 26 WHOPPING EPISODES!! This is such a FTW!
Let's hope the writers get their shit together and start delivering the show that we know Haven can be! :-) Very happy about this!
Flag
I'm so happy you were right :)))

Now we only need Audrey to kick Mara back into oblivion and all will be well.

And I agree with you - Syfy ordering 26 episodes of Haven is the biggest FTW of the week :)
Flag
I'm excited that it will be back for another season but I'm concerned that 26 more episodes, even if it is split into the 13x13, might be a bit much. But I'm all for being proven wrong.
Flag
Yeah, I think it's gonna be 13&13. So basically 2 mores seasons. I'm actually really happy about this news since the writers need time to get the show back on the right track. I just hope this doesn't mean that there's going to be more "trouble of the week" episodes then usual. They should get into a more serialised format if they're gonna make it good.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members