We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Haven Community
Syfy (ended 2015)
"My name is Mara and I'm your worst nightmare"

So here is season 4 finale.

Some of you said that Audrey will fake being Mara in order to get William through the door. She did it - at first. However, the moment our protagonist pushed William into the abyss she really became Mara (or she regained her original identity if you like) And as we all suspected she's evil - and probably even worse then William. One thing for sure - she looked great in the flashback.

We suspected that four people are needed to open the door. However, I was 50 % wrong thinking Audrey, Nathan, Jennifer and Duke will do the honour. It turns out the door can only be opened by the people from The Other World. And we found out that these people are: Audrey, William, Jennifer AND DAVE. The two first were obvious. We also knew that Jennifer had a strong connection to the Bar(n) and Agent Howard fixed her adoption. However, Dave was a surprise. Sure since the last episode we knew he was adopted - and we suspected that would play a major role in the final. Still that was a plot twist. Would Audrey have become Mara if Dave had told the truth about his orgin?

Audrey - she's now officially evil. And she wants William back :( The scene in which Audrey said "Now" to Nathan was very touching.

Duke - Audrey gave him back the Crocker's family curse. The trouble is (pun intended) all troubles his family ever killed reactivated in him. So as Mara said "he's as good as dead" unless Mara / William helps him.

Jennifer - she's not breathing. She might be dead :(

Nathan - he's heartbroken.

Sasquatch - for once his trouble did something good. I'm sure Vince is very grateful.

So here is the BIG QUESTION OF THE FINALE - will Syfy renew Haven? We don't know yet. If they do - we'll get a crazy season 5 (it looks like Haven's story is still far from over). If they don't - we end up with a terrible cliffhanger.

I give "The Lighthouse" 8 out of 10 - I liked the final, but it wasn't the best episode of the season 4 (that title belongs IMO to "The New Girl"). Did you like the final? Share your thoughts!

I hope we'll all meet here again next season. Thanks for reading, Gals and Guys!
Comments (57)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
where can i get when audurey push william into the door and mara came back on youtube?

Flag
Am I the only one who wants William and Mara to get together? I know they are evil and I do love the Nathan-Audrey couple, but the truth is, William is right. Mara is the real her. So it seems wrong to cover her up with false identities.

If she CHOOSES to be Audrey, that's a different issue, but so far, she hasn't. Not as her original self, at least.
Flag
all good points actually. i enjoyed this season but i do agree that with only 13 episodes they put far far too much in it. they should have ordered more episodes if they were going to do all that. 13 episodes is clearly not enough for them to answer all the questions.
Flag
I would agree that 13 seems a tad too short for a depth series like Haven. I would prefer if they at least made it an even 14...and then divide it into 7 two-part story arcs. While the one-shot novelty episodes are fun...I would gladly trade them in for a solid 2-parter that has better pacing and relevance.
Flag
Well, I said it in the other thread (sorry Llostris)
But I really hated this season. It was too thrown together at the last second, too many stuff was thrown in without any explanation to get a feeling of "just because".

Why are they at the lighthouse? "Because a book told them because that's where we wanted them to go"
Why didn't Audrey kill Nathan? "Because some old legend told them because that's what we wanted"
It's just too sad and silly.

I mean I already accepted that this show has a thing with ignoring past opened plot threads (why isn't Nathan's adoptive dad back to life yet? Who was the one going around blocking the real Audrey Parker's memories? Why did Duke's dad expect him to kill Audrey?)

But for the love of... There are some plots that are too major for us to ignore. Duke would die from the uber trouble he has? Isn't a major arc is that he's supposed to die by someone with the guard tatoo?
James? The Colorado kid who was a major focal point is now completely ignored?

I quite frankly hated this season. It used the first half to just brush off everything from last season and half way through, they just tossed stupid new stuff that really makes little sense in the grand scheme of things (those stupid crabs for start)

And while I do love Colin Ferguson and yes probably his talent is what kept me watching, but the whole William\Mara plot is something that I really couldn't get into it. Especially the way it was handled.

I mean the guy was just walking around and nobody bothered asking anything. Not about the crabs, not about killing Nathan, not about the troubles, the meteor shower, the barn, agent Howard - You name it!
They didn't bother asking the only guy who had information and didn't seem to try and stay quiet.

I'm not even getting into some obvious stuff here... William told Lexi that the barn was dying. So... What will happen in 28 years? Will the meteors return with no way of stopping them? So is the town (possibly the world) is doomed?!?

I think season 3 was far better all around, not just with the finale.
More+
Flag
I liked season 4 - but I think too many things happened. We had William / Mara thing and Duke's brother - Jordan arc plot,. That's stuff for two seasons at last. Also no sign of James and Arla which is very frustrating.

The Real Agent Audrey Parker (the girl from the first episode of season 2) went into the Bar(n) and it wiped her memory clean. That's how she has no idea who she is.

Papa Crocker thought Lucy was the source of troubles. He failed to kill her. So he wanted Duke to off her once she returns to Haven.
Flag
When did the real Audrey Parker went into the barn? I recall the real Lucy telling Audrey that at the time, Audrey (as Lucy) warned the real Lucy that if "he" gets to her, she'll lose her memories.

It was then implied that "he" got to the real Audrey.
Flag
No, real Agent Audrey Parker went into the Bar(n) in second or third episode of season two after she found the Book left by Agent Howard. It happened offscreen. Papa Crocker had nothing to do with it (he was already dead by that time)
Flag
i thought it was a great finale. but i didn't want to see Audry evil like we no doubt will get in seaseon 5 IF we DO get a season 5 that is. it was a great season though. but i don't like the fact that it's only 13 episodes though.

i wish it was more. when we found out dave was the 4th person right before he said it. i called it, before that i didn't see it coming. and though i'm glad we did get to know what he real name is. i don't like the fact that she's evil. i was hoping she'd win the battle and stay Audrey but who knows maybe in season 5 we may get that? if we do get a season 5 that is.
Flag

Also, I love the final!
Flag
My favorite scenes are of William and Mara! I hope Haven gets renewed! I love the couple and I want to know more about their history! Hope Jen is not dead! I have a feeling that she is the daughter of Mara and William!
Flag
you must be a hardcore fan of Sheriff Carter... otherwise I cannot explain this :)
Flag
Well, guys, to be honest, I am not very happy with this turn of events myself. I was ok with the new explanation of the people coming from a different dimension or world spreading superpowers around. But all things put together, this has turned Haven apart and given us nothing to hang to.
Flag
Yeah, evil Audrey is a stomach-turner. On the one hand, I like the show and I wanna see how it turns out. On the other, I just don't want to watch Mara in order to get there. What a lazy plot twist. My initial reaction to Audrey's last "Who's going to help me get William back?" was a sullen "Dammit."

I really liked Eureka's Sheriff Carter, but I was so ready for William to be thrown through that door - for overacting alone. Audrey as Lacy was nauseating (that effing nosering!); I don't want to even glimpse Audrey as Mara.

It's a pity that Vince wasn't a step to his right when Dave fired. I know they needed him to get the door open, but it would still have worked if his dying body was in the right place, right?

Best moment of the episode without a doubt was the crotch kick.

Dang. I just realized I'm violently angry. That's not the correct way to feel after a cliffhanger. Haven writers, I think you did that wrong. I don't like the feels you made.
Flag
You've completely summed up how I felt too. I have a horrible feeling we'll spend half of next season on Mara like we did with Lexie this season. I just want Audrey back for good!
Flag
Let's hope Mara is a very temporary thing - fingers crossed!

I'm also disappointed that William will return - I thought we got rid of him for good.

I agree that crotch kick was epic :)

How can you not love Lexie?! She was THE BEST PART of Season 4.
Flag
Is there really that much worry that SyFy will cancel this amazing show? I know its SyFy and they cant stick with a good show any better than they can stop playing B movies but has there been "official" reason to cause alarm for a possible premature-cancellation? The new shows coming on SyFy sound interesting (especially Helix because Ron Moore, enough said) and that does raise concern since i know SyFys Budget is poorly managed (50% into Tv 50% into Horrible B movies = terrible business model) but what other reasons are there for them to cancel Haven? Are the ratings/DVR numbers that low? Say it isnt so, i dont want you to go!
Flag
In fairness, SyFy usually is pretty upfront about announcing that they're cancelling shows, giving us a fair amount of lead time to know they're being cancelled. They almost always announce the next season will be the last, before the current season wraps up.

So if they haven't announced it by now, I'd say there's about a 85% chance they won't cancel it later.
Flag
*cough* Alphas *cough*

But truth be told, was there even a syfy show that made it to season 4 without making it to season 5? They usually prefer it for possible syndication. But also for the same reason, I still think that they will announce they are doing a short run to wrap things up and that's it.
Flag
Well, it's Syfy - they don't really need a reason to cancel a good show. They just do it.

So till they officially announce season 5 Haven is in danger of cancelation.
Flag
Even then it isn't safe. Remember "Farscape" and "Eureka"? Renewal announced then cancelled within a few days of the renewal. I won't trust anything from the SyFy PTB until I see the next episode of "Haven" on my TV screen. Re the season finale -- Total surprise that Dave is one of the 4. Not sure I like the idea of evil "Audrey", but if it keeps Colin Ferguson around for more episodes, I'll deal, LOL.
Flag
ummm... where to begin? Well, I really wish I could say I liked the finale....but in truth I was quite disappointed. If this was a series finale I would say the writers just ruined everything by regressing all these great characters. However, I'll play the optimism card and pretend this was only a season finale... and that the writers are twisting the knife in us for dramatic effect and have every intention of fixing Audrey, Duke and this whole portal storyline.

I felt the writers tried too hard to match the drama of last year's finale by putting every character in jeopardy. Last year we had an evil Arla, a stabbing, a shooting, death, disappearing barn, meteor storm and a devastated Nathan. This year we get evil William/Mara, illness(Duke), another shooting, death(Jennifer?), a disappearing door...and yeah... a devastated Nathan. IMHO the revelations in the 3rd season finale were more compelling and the Barn was a much better converging point than the Lighthouse door. And speaking of the door...boy that whole sequence fell flat. I really thought we were going to see something amazing happen when the door opened...but all we got was a bunch of stormy clouds which we already saw in the earlier episodes when Lexie crossed from the bar(n).

Can't say I'm surprised with what happened to Jennifer. I said from the very beginning that female characters not named Audrey have a habit of leaving or dying. However, since she wasn't shot, stabbed, burned or skinned....I think the door is open for her to be back. Duke would never be killed off, but I hate that his character is so emotionally and now physically messed up by the Troubles.

And lastly thanks for all the reviews Llostris! I'll keep my fingers crossed that SyFy gives Haven a renewal. I will definitely be checking out the new Bitten and Helix series...and I'm looking forward to the return of Continuum, Teen Wolf, Walking Dead, Sleepy Hollow and eventually Orphan Black. There's no shortage of other SF/F at least.
More+
Flag
Thanks digital_dice! It was a real pleasure to discuss Haven with you Folks :)

If at this point Syfy cancels the show I will burst into tears.

I agree 3rd season's final was MUCH better then "The Lighthouse" - but it is what it is. Let's just hope it wasn't series final and Audrey will return to us in 2014.

I'm looking forward to both Bitten (Laura Vandervoort plays the main role - we know her as skin stealing Arla or V's Lisa. It's possible I will review this show) and Helix. And new seasons of Continuum and Orphan Black are no brainer must see :)
Flag
WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT HAPPENED TO HAVEN? WHERE AM I?
Wow! A lot of good ideas amounted to well - a whole lot of terribly executed ideas. I have to admit, I'm really disappointed. Yes I know, I was the person shaking her fist at anyone who said anything bad about this season of Haven but now, having seen the finale and the way "all the loose threads" came together (or came apart tbh) I'm not impressed. First of all, Havens strength was always Audrey and her enigmatic past. However, the nonsensical mishmash this season, of one bad revelation after another, has totally taken a dump on the once wonderful mystery of Audrey Parker. As much as I didn't want to admit it, introducing William and making him this terrible non-threatening villain was a great injustice not just to the show but to Colin Ferguson as well. He's such a charismatic guy but this character was so wrong for him. Hell, the William character was just wrong, no matter who played him. What's worse is he never really came across as a villain. He was mystery nice guy at the start of the season and then, he turned into evil-for-the-sake-of-evil without ever really coming across like the big bad threat that he was supposed to be. The mystery behind the origins of Audrey was the thing that got me hooked on Haven. However, now that we've had this revelation that she was originally this evil chick from another world (that we know nothing about) that created and gave people troubles because it made her nether regions tingle feel good was just so anti-climactic and kind of dumb. This season would've been so much better if it focused on Lucy, the barn, James (Audrey and Nathan's son! Hello?) and Audrey and Nathan's relationship. Actually, like I said before, I originally loved all of the conceptual elements about this season like the barn, Jennifer, Audrey's return as Lexie, Nathan and Audrey finally getting together, Duke and Jennifer getting together. That coupled with all of the other questions floating around like The Guard, are Vince and Dave troubled and what secrets are they keeping. These were all great questions and good ideas but the way they came together didn't work. Yes making a TV show as it turns out, is not very easy no matter how many great ideas you have. This season finale made that very clear. Making good television is hard! I mean, take it from the writers and producers of Haven. Good ideas - terrible execution.
WE STILL DONT KNOW ANYTHING! But what's worse, I'm no longer really that interested or invested to even want to follow up on these reveals. I don't care about Mara and the world that she's from!
Wow, I don't know. I loved this crazy-fun SyFy show but now I just feel really let down. I can only hope that the writers get their shit together next season and get themselves out of this mess. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm so disappointed - it hurts. BIG SAD FACE :-(
More+
Flag
I feel you Mirela - HUGS!

Although I'm not as disappointed as you with the final (I prepared myself mentally that Audrey will become evil) I agree with many things you mentioned.

1. Colin Ferguson is such a nice guy. William should be played by someone we would want to hate and not to kiss :P

2. Audrey Parker is the heart of the show. For the sake of Haven I hope Nathan and Duke will quickly help Audrey to regain control over her body. I have no doubt our Audrey is still there. Otherwise it's the game over for me.

3. I want to find out why William and Mara are evil. What made them monsters? Also I'm eager to find out more about the place William, Audrey, Jennifer and Dave came from.
Flag
actually kinda like William as he is. Ferguson is awesome and this mixed bag of villain you just can't help but having endearing feelings to appeals to me.

I'm sure Audrey is still there. I'm quite sure that Mara wont be the same Mara she was, surely she can't be, she's been helping Haven for years now, experiencing different personas and different lives. They must have some kind of impact. I'd want my first love back too, especially if he can help with the can of crap they just did with opening the doorway. So I'm not convinced Mara is 100% evil here. If they really scrap Audrey, I agree that the show is pretty much done for. The 3 main characters are the real heart of Haven and I'd have a hard time watching this without any of them, most of all Audrey.

As for why they did what they did, honestly I just think it's either childlike experimenting (aren't people just like sad ants or something to immortal beings) or rebelling against the whatever authority made all these rules they broke - or both.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
*Hugs Back* Thanks for understanding my frustration.
Yeah, I'm still too angry to really care. That was my problem, I really didn't want to believe that evil Audrey was real. I thought it was all some lie William made up. I thought they were like Yin/Yang where he was dark, she was light. So I was not prepared or I didn't want to be prepared for evil Audrey and all the nonsense that came with it. Audrey "troubling" people: I NEVER THOUGH I'D SEE THAT DAY! Awful turn of events!
Once I've had some time to breathe, I'll re-watch the season again and hopefully I'll get to a more zen place where I actually want to get proper answers about Mara (ugh!), William (<3 u Colin), Jennifer & Daves world/hell hole. Still hurt though. :'(
Flag
I share your aversion to the evil Audrey plot. It's a plot device that's used waaaay too much in Hollywood. The idea that Mara & William were some kind of intergalactic Bonnie & Clyde wreaking havoc is just too corny. I was really hoping they were going to flashback reveal that Mara volunteered to become a Haven saver out of remorse. But now it seems they are implying the whole Haven 27 year cycle thing is indeed a punishment that she was forced into.
Flag
If Syfy renews Haven for season 5 I imagine we will get more flashbacks with Mara and William. The writers really need to flesh out their story and give it more depth.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members