A Haven Community
Syfy (ended 2015)
"Who are you people and what do you want from me?"

"J/K it's me, I'm back!!!"

First thing first - "The New Girl" was the best episode of season 4 (so far that is) and one of the best episodes of whole series. I'm giving it 9 out of 10 - just because I'm waiting with 10 out of 10 for the day when we get series final and Audrey marries Nathan - yes, I'm shallow like that - deal with it.

Ok let's get to work :)

No more plot A and plot B. Once again Audrey's plot is the main one / Trouble of the week.

To be honest I really believed Audrey was never going back and Lexie is the new girl in town. And that wouldn't be so bad, right? Cause Lexies' CRAZY!!!! Let's see - she is a druggie (at least for relaxation purposes), a fangirl of BDSM stuff, has a sense of humor and dresses like a real girl / woman and not like FBI agent / cop.

I think my favorite part was when Jennifer brought her the clothes.

Lexie's reaction was priceless:

"Ahh, 50 Shades of Beige - Ok I'll make sure to avoid mirrors" - she was so disgusted with Audrey's clothes!!! That's Emmy Award material people!!!

I loved how Lexie was constantly whining about being hungry and misspeling Nathan's surname. Speaking of Nathan - he's got a new nick name - "Cheekbones" - cute :)

Nathan tried to awaken Audrey in Lexie - and when Lexie started to joke about Nadrey (or is it Authan?) - it was too much for poor frustrated fella - in rage he admitted that Lexie is a totally different person - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, AUDREY - YOU WONDERFUL, TALENTED, LOVING, SNEAKY, LITTLE FBI LADY. IT WAS AUDREY ALL THIS TIME AND NOT LEXIE.

Ok - I DIDN"T SEE THAT COMING - but maybe I should have seen it - after all William told Lexie that when she comes back to Haven she will be whoever she wants to be - and obviously she wanted to be herself (think Audrey). However, this is were things got complicated. When Audrey got back - Nathan tried to coax her to shoot him to end the troubles. And since Audrey loves Nathan more then anything in the whole universe (that's called TRUE LOVE people - you know that kinky OUAT's stuff) - she pretended to be Lexie and she conned everyone (me included). Ok, not everyone - after all we have Duke who is (or at least once was ) a profesional con man. He immediately figured out that Lexie knew about his curse and that's why she allowed the Bad Guy to kill his body.

When Lexie said "So I used to live here? What was I - broke?" it was all too much for poor Duke (you can't hurt his feelings like that - the Bar is His Home and Pride) and he cornered Lexie to admit that she's in fact Audrey. CRAZY RIGHT? :)

Ok let's move to the Trouble of the Week - which was awesome! I have to be honest I love all horrors that focus on possesion. It's just such a great material for actors and actresses. Anyway there was this BAD GUY (who's name was Tyler - but we'll call him BAD GUY - cause it's easier that way). He had a GF and bestie called Josh. So the BAD GUY had a bad accident (can you even have a good accident?). In a result - he was paralysed. And that activated his trouble - he possesed his bestie, Josh. The trouble is (pun intended) that at the moment of possesion Josh was doing shirtless hugs with BAD GUY's GF. I have to be honest - if I caught my bestie doing shirtless hugs with my BF - I would totally want to kill them (or at very least I would be VERY upset) - so I understand the BAD GUY. Anyway the BAD GUY killed bestie, GF, a male nurse and then possesed Duke - which was a BIG MISTAKE. Lexie (aka the masked Audrey) went into the action cause she's immune to troubles (and hence can't be possesed). How did it end? Read above :)

Phew! Main plot discussed - time to talk about Juke and scheming Jordan.

Juke - at this point I was literally screaming at my tv - "Damn you, Duke - just KISS HER ALREADY!!!!" Duke had to be possesed to finally do it. Men are just terrible, right girls? Anyway once Duke regained the control over his body he redeemed himself in my eyes and he kissed Jennifer once more :) Once Duke regained the control over his body they sort of talked about the kiss. Hopefully they will repeat it soon. Also Jennifer is going to stay in Haven (she's not returning to Boston) and she's going live on Duke's boat. I predict she will die - cause all Duke's girls die :( At this point I'm pretty sure the Crockers curse is killing them.

Also Jennifer confirmed the Bar(n) is dead and it's not going back! Yay!!!

Ok time for the other BIG THING - Jordan.

Jordan is now officially a VILLAIN. She's going to activate Duke's Bro curse and make him kill our beloved protagonist. Why you ask? Because writers decided it would be great to return to season 2 plot (and no, they are wrong - it's terrible idea!). Remember how Papa Crocker wanted to kill Lucy? Yeah, now Duke's Bro is going to try the same thing with Audrey. ELISA DIAZ called it about two weeks ago.

"It seems only a matter of time that Duke's brother will also get the "curse" of the family, don't you think? He's probably going to get all evil and start killing people at some point..."

Good work, Girl!!! :)

Jordan - I loved you. Now I hate you - deal with it and die.

Sasquatch - you IDIOT!!! Don't ever talk about important stuff in proximity of Jordan. Bad things will happen - that's a guarantee.

Ok, let's summary it up guys! Audrey is BACK and she knows who she is. Duke also knows that Audrey knows :) However Nathan doesn't know and he's obviously butthurt cause Lexie's a druggie and likes BDSM stuff.

It was amazing epsiode and I can't wait too see what happens now! See you all next time!

P.S: Have you ever tried peyotl?
Comments (36)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Personally I am excited that Audrey Is back. Don't get me wrong Lexie was funny and a nice change of pace but i am a sucker for romance and just want to see the reunion between Nathan and Audrey. (Awwwwww
Flag
i just came up with an incredible theory after seeing this episode. audrey is troubled herself. she is patient zero so to speak. her trouble causes all the other troubles.

the reason why i think this is so is because killing the person she loves will end it. maybe almost a century ago something happened to her and she felt she didn't deserve love or to be happy. the only pennance is to kill someone she loves the most and then her trouble will end. as to why her trouble cause everybody else's trouble, maybe so she won't be happy cause deep down she knows she is the cause of all this unhappiness so she can't be happy until she ends it all by killing the one thing that she threw away a long time ago, love.
Flag
My theory is that if the barn links two worlds, as noted in the previous episode, then "Audrey" might actually be from the other world...and her presence lets the alien nature of the other world seep into our world...causing the Troubles. Which is why she doesn't seem to have her own identity, she's immune to the source of the Troubles, etc. Ultimately, "Audrey" might have to leave our world entirely to resolve the problem once and for all.

Flag
Check digital_dice comment below - according to Agent Howard, Audrey doesn't have a trouble.
Flag
yeah but if my theory is correct then agent howard is her creation and of course he would say she doesn't have a trouble.
Flag
something like someone she loved died and she didn't. she blames herself and doesn't think she ever deserves another chance at love. so the only way she can be at peace is to lose another that she loves as much as the original love and be completely responsible for their death. and until then she will be the cause of many many deaths over the next couple of decades, with only a small period of respit to keep her immortal. because if she isn't immortal than the pain won't last forever.
Flag
I am contemplating rewatching the episode now knowing it was Audrey (and obviously as Nathan did a plot dump to her and insisted she kill him and as she said last season, she's not doing that...but kudos to identifying the whole of the guard being around and acting quickly) and all of her scenes with Nathan might be very heart breaking. I really have serious doubts that Duke will be able to keep that from him for very long - though this could be like Vince keeping the Guard a secret from Dave...

Of course Duke would figure it out (being a con man never crossed my mind, I just assumed it was because they're best friends). I hope Jennifer doesn't die, but I kind of presume her trouble is going to get altered and maybe even be able to deal with the bigger thing that also came through the door with Audrey that Dave was going on about (Vince, why are you insisting Dave continue to keep secrets now? And Dave, since you had this whole being leader of the guard thing sprung on you by Vince, why are you still listening to him...tell Dwight at least!)

I have a question...so, other than Audrey would have some control over which person she would be, I am surprised she remembered Lexie. I wonder if she has Sarah and Lucy's memories now too? If so, I just imagine her scenes with Nathan will be harder to watch.
More+
Flag
Here is my theory - the bar(n) is a place where normally Audrey's memory is wiped clean. That way she doesn't remember who she was before. The whole process takes about 27 years. However, this time around it was interrupted by William. Audrey left the bar(n) after just about 6 month and she used the door which I'm pretty sure was not the regular way to do it. Hence it was possible to recover Audrey's memories.

Of course - I might be wrong and it's possible Audrey now has all the memories of her previous incarnations - which would be terrible cause Sarah is just the first "Audrey" we know of and not the First One. Who knows how many "Audreys" were before her?
Flag
Your theory makes sense...I am kind of wondering about William though. So, he interrupted or intervened because the "barn' was about to implode. Say he is of the same, I don't know, species that Howard was and like Howard has an appreciation of the sacrifice whoever the first one was and the subsequent incarnations made. But (and this is sort of related to whatever Dave was concerned about) I am guessing that whatever has caused the Troubles was fine with Audrey dying with the Barn and wouldn't let loose the full extent of the Troubles because Haven had lived up to its deal. But it wouldn't get rid of them entirely because of what Nathan did. But, William showed Lexie a way out but by doing that he basically violated the original deal that Sarah or whoever made to make the Troubles disappear when she was gone. Dave knows that means that the Troubles are going to get worse and more prevalent (at least). I am randomly thinking now, but maybe William directly effected Jennifer so she can serve as kind of a secondary Audrey to help quell Troubles.
Flag
I don't think William is Howard 2.0. - he's someone else. Fingers crossed he's connected to the First Audrey and he will shed some light on her origin story.

I also doubt William had any influence on Jennifer.

The question is: who were these guys who tried to kidnap William in the bar(n)? Unless they were figments of Audrey's mind - we have two opposite forces in work here.
Flag
I also don't think he is Howard 2.0, but might just agree with Howard's whole opinion of this situation. I just had this thought if Howard and William were part of like an (Fringe reference here) Observer type group (but maybe with more outright, late Fringe, nefariousness) and because they are exposed to the actual people of Haven, but especially Audrey, they don't agree with whatever is going on (so, they are like September). But ultimately, I think there are two forces at work as well (four if you consider the residents of Haven to take up to opposing viewpoints as well)

I know this is actually sort of glomming on another Stephen King story that is currently weirdly being acted out on Under the Dome, but. hey, Haven was here first and they have acted out stories from all sorts of different Stephen King stories throughout their seasons.

I just hope there is something more to Jennifer because I like her.
Flag
My guess is that Wade Crocker's trouble has already kicked into gear with the cheating wife/impending divorce being the catalyst but we won't know officially until he kills someone with a trouble or the more likely option a troubled person's blood gets on his skin. I don't think Jordan will have to do anything to get Wade's trouble to manifest, because I think it already has, but I think that she will be instrumental in him discovering it. Either way my guess is that this is going to go one of two ways: 1) Wade finds out about his trouble and what Jordan wants to do and consults Duke who tells him everything and they work together because brotherly love etc. 2) Wade finds out about his trouble and works with Jordan to fulfill his father's request because daddy always loved Duke more and his daddy issues will make him want to carry out his father's wishes and legacy to be the "good son."
Flag
In the next Friday segment during the credits it seems like Wade is working with Jordan so maybe it's number 2 ?
Flag
My jaw dropped like everyone else at end of episode, Audrey is Audrey & Duke only realized. Thank God cause when she stepped aside for BAD GUY to kill Duke I was thinking "Shit Lexie is a bad guy" Thank the writers she isn't.

Jordan has been pissing me off for a while now. She should be killed.

Cheekbones is a great nickname for Nathan! And now that we know she is Audrey it will be fun watching her make him uncomfortable. I don't think they will tell him the truth right away, cause he will insist on being killed and Audrey & Duke will be trying to find another way.

Now about Duke's brother, Duke should of just told him the truth to shelter him from Jordan like people taking advantage of him.

What I am wondering is, why Dave didn't want them to bring Audrey out of the barn, & why Vince isn't letting him tell the others! Also I don't think the barn is completely gone forever, Jennifer can only hear it when Audrey is inside. And they couldn't of brought Colin Ferguson for so little, William must be back!!
More+
Flag
I completely understand you - when Lexie stepped aside for BAD GUY to kill Duke. I was like "Lexie WTF?! What are you doing, girl?!" I immediately thought that she had some kind of stowaway from other dimension (that would explain the whole do not open the door thing) and that she would be evil from now on.

Luckily for us it was just smart Audrey letting Duke to do his thing :)

As for Colin Ferguson - the 9th episode is called "William" so I expect we'll see him again.
Flag
I watched Friday night's episode of haven and I was not expecting that twist at the end of the episode where duke figured out that Audrey was still Audrey, that took me for a complete shock.

I can't wait to see what happens for the rest of the season and whether or not Jordan will figure out that she is still the same person or if duke will tell Nathan the truth.
But then if that happens Nathan will be pissed and he won't forgive duke or Audrey for lying to him.

But in the mean time Jordan really needs to go her vendetta against Audrey is starting to take it toll I mean come on how one person have that much hatred towards one person and all because Nathan chose Audrey.

Hello it can't be helped it's their fate to be together ever since Sarah and Nathan got together in the episode called Sarah and they have a son together.

Get over it Jordan!! you got dumped
Flag
I was kinda hoping to get the huge plot twist where Lexie loves Duke instead of Nathan but this was something not expected! She played everyone up and that was huge masterpiece! i can't wait to see next episode!
Flag
I was suprised too at the end when it turned out that she was Audrey from the beginning. I have to say that I was loving Lexie! It is going to be sad to let go of Lexie now. She's so much fun! Let's face it, we all loved Audrey, but she was rather serious as a person. Anyways, Audrey will have to fake being Lexie in order to save Nathan's life for now, so we will still have some fun scenes coming, yay! I wonder if Duke and Audrey will tell Nathan about this or not. Probably not.

Did Duke kiss Jennifer back when he was already himself again? I didn't see that! Are you sure? They talked about the kiss, but did he kiss her again? I can't believe I missed that :)

The case of the week was fine for me, but I was rather distracted with the other stuff so I didn't pay that much attention to the whole thing, i confess :)
Flag
Weird, I thought he kissed her. I guess it's just my imagination.
Maybe they did it off - screen :P
Flag
I updated my post - thanks for correction :)
Flag
No Duke did not kiss Jennifer when he admitted that he remembered. I was screaming at that point "Kiss her already"
Flag
I want a kiss between Audrey and Nathan T_T
Flag
Unless Nathan tries to kiss Lexie we will have to wait for that till probably season's final.
Flag
I think Dukes brother will kill Jordan and finds out he has the same power as Duke
Flag
THIS ^^ However im game for anyone to kill Jordan at this point. Shes nauseating.
Flag
Oh yes, they managed to create a villain that we all hate - good job, Haven!
Flag
That was definitely the best episode of season 4 so far. And as much as I welcome the addition of Jennifer... it was the return of Lexie/Audrey that really brought the energy back into the group dynamics of Haven. And no, I did not see that ending coming. Good stuff Haven writers!

Jordan's plan to get a Crocker to kill Audrey is ill conceived. Audrey does not have a Trouble. In episode 3.13 Audrey asked Agent Howard "so I'm Troubled then?". To which he responded "No". Of course this conversation happened inside The Barn so I guess Jordan didn't get the memo.

I'm holding out hope that Jennifer still has a role to play in all this. No more Barn, but perhaps she can help find William.

Flag
I thought about her finding William too :)
Flag
Duke's father wrote in his diary that the only way to end with the troubles was to kill Audrey. I believe he only knew this towards the end of his life, and he didn't manage to do it himself, so he asked Duke to kill her. We don't know why Crocker thought that this would end the troubles, though. I suppose he thought that she was troubled. But the weird thing is that the two brothers (Dave and Vince) didn't arrive to the same conclusion as Crocker did, because they would have tried to kill Audrey too! It wasn't in their investigation room when Dwight was talking to Jordan.

Either way, to be honest, if I was Jordan, i would rather try killing Audrey than to wait for Audrey to fall in love with Nathan again LOL.

Flag
Seems to me Jordan just want to kill somebody and she really doesn't care who -- Nathan the last few weeks and now Lexdry/Auxie/Audie?
Flag
Good catch - I forgot about that bit of info Howard gave us.

However, at this point Jordan is hell bent on killing both Audrey and Nathan. So I doubt Howard's info would make any difference for her.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members