Haven Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Nathan/Audrey/Duke

Vandarel

[21]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 1

Jacks_Son wrote:

I can't see Audrey with Duke, but maybe because I'm biased. I think the character, Duke, is too shady and smarmy. As for the actor, I cannot bear to even look at Eric Balfour (his head goes on for miles). I didn't like him in "24", and I don't like him in "Haven".

Duke and Nathan are BOTH shady! See episode 3...............

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OnePerCentClub

[22]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 35

Vandarel wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I think Nathan will keep it to himself for a while...
    And just why is he keeping it to himself? This is what I'm talking about. If he truly wants this woman then why won't he just tell her what happened with the kiss? He's just keeping another secret on top of the OTHER ones that he's keeping!

Well, he didn't keep it to himself after all, now some people know about this, including Duke.

The reason Nathan won't tell Audrey about it is because I believe Audrey would feel very uncomfortable. I mean think about it. This man hasn't felt anything for a long time and suddenly he has this woman, sitting every day in front of him, sharing meals, spending most of the week together and now she's the only person that can make him feel something? If I were Audrey and I knew I wouldn't want to touch him, pat him in the back or spend time with him after work.

Besides I don't think Nathan is that selfish to think that he will only want Audrey for his pleasure. He really cares about her.

Edited on 09/13/2010 9:15am

izzyshepp101

[23]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 7

Vandarel wrote:

izzyshepp101 wrote:

I know that I said earlier that maybe Duke could be Audrey's brother(which I still think is a possibility) but the only problem I would have with that would be the fact that they look nothing alike. There is not one similarity between Duke and Audrey, look wise. But it's television so I guess you never know, lol.

Looks aren't the biggest problem with this theory. Duke actually KNOWING that Audrey might be his sister is the biggest problem. Duke already indicated that he knows all about Lucy so the idea that he would intentionally and romantically pursue Lucy's (possible) daughter Audrey (who might also be his sister) makes Duke look rather.................

Yeah I agree. That would be incest,which is just kinda gross. So I don't think they are related by blood. And it did say in the promo that Lucy was his babysitter.

SheWhoTangles

[24]Sep 14, 2010
    Duke asked her to dinner because she works to hard and needs to have some fun and relax--impending sex was on our minds, maybe not his. If he is family in some way (a young cousin perhaps), and Lucy sent Audrey away to protect her, would he risk breaking some pomise to Lucy to out of loneliness and a family of his own? The episode with Martha and his daughter being sent away really struck me as strong, maybe history repeating itself in some similar way?

SheWhoTangles

[25]Sep 14, 2010
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    izzyshepp101 wrote:
    On another note. I think it would be interesting if Duke was Audreys brother or something. Since he is the boy in the Colorado Kid picture, it would make sence.

I knew it! I knew he was the boy in the picture Now I want to know what he was doing there.

Plotwise it would be interesting for Audrey to have a love interest in Nathan and family in Duke and have the two guys at each other and want to hold on to her at the same time... makes for some very good future conflict between the three.

izzyshepp101

[26]Sep 14, 2010

Yeah I can see what everybody means. I agree that Nathan being a love interest and Duke being like family would be an interesting conflict. Gosh, I really like this show, lol. I think it's fun

danielle110877

[27]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 3

I don't want Duke to be family. I want the love triangle rather than the straight this one person likes this one person. Besides Duke wouldn't have asked Audrey out on a date if he knew he was related to her.

SianAlcockWi

[28]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 1
    Duke didn't really push it as a date, He just kept saying she worked too hard, couldn't he have asked her to dinner out of curiosity, he obviously knows something about her past! Maybe he just wanted to fill in the gaps.

izzyshepp101

[29]Sep 15, 2010

Hmm, I know what you all mean. But I'm pretty sure he meant it as a date. Remember in episode 5 or something, Duke said that the two finest a**es in town were here. For Audrey he meant literally and for Nathan it was hypothetically. So I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say that about his sister.

OnePerCentClub

[30]Sep 15, 2010
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

Hmm, I know what you all mean. But I'm pretty sure he meant it as a date. Remember in episode 5 or something, Duke said that the two finest a**es in town were here. For Audrey he meant literally and for Nathan it was hypothetically. So I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say that about his sister.

Haha yeah, I remember that scene. And I thought it was disrespectul.

izzyshepp101

[31]Sep 16, 2010

I guess it was a bit disrespectful. But it was kinda funny too, lol. I do wish we could find out what happened between Nathan and Duke that made them feel so much loathing towards each other...

SheWhoTangles

[32]Sep 27, 2010
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

True, but maybe about a distant cousin being a wiseguy. Duke loves pulling Nathan's chain. Knowing now about the necklace, Duke may have been trying to get Audrey alone to tell her he had known Lucy. They haven't shown her asking more about the necklace, like why did Lucy give it to him, did he meet on that day or did he know her outside of that day. Of course, the memory gap issue keeps coming up--Nathan, Duke, the babysitter...

SheWhoTangles

[33]Sep 27, 2010
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

Haha yeah, I remember that scene. And I thought it was disrespectul.

It made me think of two brothers (or half brothers or cousins) fighting over the same girl... more conscious of what they say to each other and totally forgetting the woman was even in the room like some prize on a shelf. That scenario would give us the triangle and the family conflict at a different angle.

OnePerCentClub

[34]Oct 11, 2010
    I loved all the Nathan/Audrey moments in "Spiral". How worried Nathan and Audrey were for each other. Even in the last scene, you can see the look on Audrey's face, a tired look, like she hasn't been getting enough sleep, because of her own problem and Nathan shutting her out. Then Nathan sending Audrey home to deal with her problem until she was ready to talk, he gave her space and time.

It's was funny to see Duke a bit jealous about Nathan. "You have to tell Nathan first". Talk about loyalty Audrey! If there is something I love about this show (among other things) is that first of all, the lead couple has lots of chemistry. Second, the way both turned to each other because they have no one else to talk to, to trust, and they become more than partners, friends. The sexual tension can be left aside for the moment, because right now both Nathan and Audrey have so many issues and have gone through them together that they can only understand each other.

And finally Nathan confesses he can feel Audrey. The look on her face, a mix of surprise and happiness and Nathan's look made the whole scene a classic.

Let's see what season two brings us. Thank God and SyFy for season 2!

SheWhoTangles

[35]Oct 27, 2010

The finale episode was totally amazing! I was so happy when they were holding hands and just knew that looking at Nathan's face as she touched him, she couldn't miss his reaction. To see the two of them reach out for each other at their most vulnerable times--especially when Audrey told Duke that 'yes, she had to tell Nathan first,' was so perfect!

There were times that I wondered if the only thing Audrey might not be able to see' right in front of her' was Nathan. The ending erased that worry pretty quick. I can't wait until next season when they work out the Audrey surprise issue. I really think no matter how it turns out, whoever she might be, Nathan and Andrey will continue to stick together. Duke said he's not a troubled person, and that shared fact between Nathan and Audrey is too essential to both of them not to have an impact on the triangle's relationships with each other. I also think that Duke is lying... he may not be troubled (as in struggling) with an affliction, but I do think he has a talent that we will be seeing next season.

Edited on 10/27/2010 8:14pm

OnePerCentClub

[36]Oct 28, 2010

I was glad Nathan finally let her know that he can feel her. One less secret between them. I love the vulnerability in these two characters because they're both lonely souls and they lean on each other. I see your point. At the beginning I thought she was going to fall into Duke's flirting and compliments but she was intelligent enough to see beyond that.

I'd love to see Duke's face when he finds out Nathan can feel Audrey. That will definitely be a shocker for him.

I hope we still get surprised next season as we did on season first. Also, I'm so happy the show was renewed and I'm also happy the show survived during the last three episodes after the fall season began. Considering Caprica was cancelled and SGU's ratings are suffering, Haven was strong enough to keep and build an audience.

Edited on 10/28/2010 8:00pm

SheWhoTangles

[37]Oct 30, 2010
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

I was glad Nathan finally let her know that he can feel her. One less secret between them. I love the vulnerability in these two characters because they're both lonely souls and they lean on each other. I see your point. At the beginning I thought she was going to fall into Duke's flirting and compliments but she was intelligent enough to see beyond that.

I'd love to see Duke's face when he finds out Nathan can feel Audrey. That will definitely be a shocker for him.

I hope we still get surprised next season as we did on season first. Also, I'm so happy the show was renewed and I'm also happy the show survived during the last three episodes after the fall season began. Considering Caprica was cancelled and SGU's ratings are suffering, Haven was strong enough to keep and build an audience.

Nathan finally telling her was the best part of the episode for me. I also enjoy seeing them pull together at their worst moments. Duke is going to freak when he finds out. That should be an episode to watch for... hoping they stretch out Duke's finding out throughout the season.

I just heard about Caprica's cancellation, but I haven't cared for the show so I won't feel that one going I'm afraid. I am an old die-hard lover of the old Battlestar Galactica, and didn't like the series remake either. So, really my opinion of the show shouldn't count and no offense to any fans of the series.

SGU is getting interesting now. I really like to see the show lighten a bit; it's not something I like watching at night, so I DVR it and watch the following day. But I don't save every episode like I do with Haven and a couple of other shows. I'm still watching reruns of Haven on the DVR and am on the waiting list for season on DVD through Amazon (something I never do). Haven certainly hasn't lost it's hold on me yet.

osobenawitch

[38]Aug 26, 2011
    • level: 12

So the new season is here. What do you think now?

maqeurious

[39]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 2

Well, now that Chris is finally out of the picture (ep#9), hopefully things will start to happen with Nathan and Audrey. Though I have a sneaky suspicion that nothing romantic will happen until the season finale or possibly next season. What am I basing that on? The fact that these kinds of programs like to screw with me and my fricken emotions!!

scyfymum2

[40]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 5

I thought it was interesting in the episode "audrey parkers day off" when the ONLY person she couldn't hug was Nathan after every time she had lost someone she cared about she did hug. I just thought that said a lot! Both Nathan and Audrey are scared of how much they feel about each other I think. I do like Duke for some reason I can't explain perhaps it's the bad boy thing but, I think there is more sexual tension between Duke & Audrey. Anyone else agree?