Haven Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: A Tale of Two Audreys (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 7/15/11 episode "A Tale of Two Audreys" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    Edited on 07/02/2011 1:12am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1thinker

[2]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 19
    I can't wait to see this episode. I'm sure it'll all get figured out, in the end. Who is the real Audrey? How come Audrey (Lucy) doesn't have any memories?

OnePerCentClub

[3]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 35
    Haven is back!!!!
    Well, almost... 7 days to go

Kitanishi

[4]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 9
    this was awesome episode.

- Loved Audrey and Audrey interactions.
    - The plot of the week while being quite simple was used nicely to set up intrigue over various plotpoints.
    - I am not pretty much sure that Reverend is Randall Flagg.
    - The end shocker. Yet again the show managed to set up a very intense atmosphere. EDIT: Is it just me or did we just find out that Audrey has killed a person in her childhood?
    Edited on 07/15/2011 10:51pm

Jemadari

[5]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 12

Loved everything about this episode though one thing did bug me

Audrey excepts that she and Lucy are the same person so why wouldn't she automatically assume that she's the one with the stolen memories?

Didn't care for Duke's wife

and as to the childhood story they seem to have left that open she said he never came back into the room but didn't really lean either way as to whether or not that was because he was dead or had learned his lesson, though all things considered the former seems more likely

Kitanishi

[6]Jul 16, 2011
    Jemadari wrote:

Audrey excepts that she and Lucy are the same person so why wouldn't she automatically assume that she's the one with the stolen memories?

Didn't care for Duke's wife

and as to the childhood story they seem to have left that open she said he never came back into the room but didn't really lean either way as to whether or not that was because he was dead or had learned his lesson, though all things considered the former seems more likely

For first point? Normal human reaction. If suddenly everyone was telling you that the earth is flat, would would you accept that earth is flat or would you think something is wrong with those who say that.

Audrey's whole identity, existence is challenged. Its only normal for her to assume that something is wrong with surroundings and not with indoors.

As for second, seems quite clear-cut(forgive the pun) to me. She said that "he never saw what hit him", which alone implies that he did not get the time to react. And that sentence followed the statement of how "she put the scissors to his throat". If she hit him or something it might have had different meanings, but the weapon used combined with how she described pretty much spells it out for me. Then we have the very fact that she never told that to anyone and her facial expressions during that scene. And the whole "never came into the room again" had quite clear cynical/sarcastic tone to it.
    Edited on 07/16/2011 12:53am

Jemadari

[7]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 12

I've always considered normal to be a six letter word and not necessarily a standard of living, so we can agree to disagree on what qualifies as a normal human reaction.

We seem to hold the same position that the guy died but you got that from the scene and I went a more socratic method as I just don't believe getting stabbed in the neck would curb a drunken child abusers tendencies, especially not when he lives under the same roof with his target, but when it's all said and done the internet is big enough for two theories(even though we came to the same conclusion we just took different paths)

amaryllis88

[8]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 20

Loved the It reference in the beginning, with the little boy in the yellow slicker and his newspaper boat...right into the drain! The water turning into blood, all the weird things coming from the skies, pretty cool stuff! Then attributing it to the other Audrey Parker. This opens up a whole can of worms, I'm curious who the real Audrey Parker has been dealing with, who is her Agent Howard? I wonder if that had anything to do with the conversation that he and the Chief had in the very first episode, about her coming to Haven, I don't recall exactly what they said, but it almost seemed as though they were scheming to get her there to begin with, now who's this new person?

I'm wondering whether they're going to keep it compartmentalized to just be Audrey Parker, and not involve the other characters, if there are two Audreys, does that mean there are two Dukes, (yummy if there are ), and two Nathans? When Chief "split up" Haven when he was about to explode, did he create some kind of alternate place? I have no idea, just thinking...I'm trying to figure out where they're going to take the storyline.

I'm not a fan of Duke's wife, especially with how Duke described her....

Very sweet moment with they were both digging the hole at the end...as much as they "hate" each other, I think they really respect each other too. Can't wait to see what happens next, oh, and for the story, pretty cool, loved how CJ was reading the Velveteen rabbit at the end, and you could see a lil bunny around the room.

OnePerCentClub

[9]Jul 17, 2011
    Hello amaryllis! Long time no see!

How. I can't believe Haven is back and it was pretty good!

Like you, I liked the IT reference. One of my favorite SK's books.

I think the whole Audrey/Audrey will be solved in the next episode, but, not the Audrey I's background. I'm sure there will be some things to be discovered.

Nathan and Duke's relationship is still going well and I like that. Two good friends, supporting each other and I like what Duke said about him being the lion. I didn't care about Evi, but I hope her being on the show has some meaning and adds something to the plot.

Was it me or Audrey I had this look on her face when Agent Howard arrived? Not a look of "oh, it's a different agent Howard" but more like she just realized something?

So, no Julia? Well, I hope she comes back, I liked the character.

Is it Friday already?

Kitanishi

[10]Jul 17, 2011
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

Was it me or Audrey I had this look on her face when Agent Howard arrived? Not a look of "oh, it's a different agent Howard" but more like she just realized something?

Seemed like "oh, its me who might be fake" kind of realization

:

I wonder if that had anything to do with the conversation that he and the Chief had in the very first episode, about her coming to Haven, I don't recall exactly what they said, but it almost seemed as though they were scheming to get her there to begin with, now who's this new person?

Well it was quite obvious that chief and "howard" did everything to get audrey there and to keep her there. Intereting is an implication that Chief was frustrated towards him(cue cracks following his car). In fact I am pretty sure that her howard has stayed in haven since first episode, the place he was in when audrey called him in this episode seemed pretty close

:

I'm wondering whether they're going to keep it compartmentalized to just be Audrey Parker, and not involve the other characters, if there are two Audreys, does that mean there are two Dukes, (yummy if there are ), and two Nathans? When Chief "split up" Haven when he was about to explode, did he create some kind of alternate place? I have no idea, just thinking...I'm trying to figure out where they're going to take the storyline.

One audrey is obviously not audrey.

With how everything is going, i bet OUR audrey is not audrey. In fact I imagine she started being audrey when she got woken up by that song in very first episode. The question is on who she was before....IF she was before. Maybe she came into being that very moment.

SheWhoTangles

[11]Jul 17, 2011
    • level: 7

Wow, it was so good! Can't talk about the episode details on Twitter because too many haven't seen and don't want to give spoilers. So if you haven't seen it, don't read this and spoil the fun!

Oodles of setups for the episodes to come, lots of new questions, doppelgangers galore... all I can think of again is The Talisman with the flippers moving from our world to the other. Have been convinced Duke is a flipper (my theory was strengthened after reading Colorado Kid), but now I see possibilities throughout the town (Audrey/Agent Howard) Will be rereading The Talisman, but it won't go as quickly as Colorado Kid did! Plus it was a joint book, not only a SK writing...

Love the broader connect of Duke to the town, especially that we are now getting some of his life included. I loath the Reverend and was intrigued by Duke's refusal to step inside the church with him. I think Duke has good instincts on people because he spends so much time dancing on the borderlines of good/bad. I don't think needing him outside for the screaming kid was the only motivation for that in the episode.

Like seeing the struggle in Duke to help/not help being vocalized (foreshadowing again) and feel confident that he will choose a side that includes Nathan and Audrey, though Evi... she might be the kind to go for an angle with the Reverend if she is already someone he doesn't trust. Not sure what to think about her. Loved when Evi tried to touch him on the boat and he said no... that little scene/action grabbed me! So many layers to Duke! Can't wait to see this onion peeled!

Did anyone else think it was odd that Duke said 'his dad died on the ocean' to the Reverend and then later Vince and Dave suggested the same death report for Nathan's dad?

Loved Nathan/Duke at the end! The Audreys scene was the best... more questions then answers and I loved how the girls seemed to have bonded immediately to protect each other by the end of the show (my interpretation of them anyway). They remind me of twin sisters that just found each other. Audrey said he never knew how the stabbing happened (saying to me the guy didn't die btw--the girls may have been 'transferred' to another home soon after), but I loved hearing that history of her protecting others from the time she was a child. And the tear that ran down her cheek got to me. It was a glimpse into just hard a time she had in foster care growing up and why what she can do for others in Haven is so important. I just loved every minute of the episode!

Kitanishi

[12]Jul 17, 2011
    SheWhoTangles wrote:
    They remind me of twin sisters that just found each other. Audrey said he never knew how the stabbing happened (saying to me the guy didn't die btw--the girls may have been 'transferred' to another home soon after)

THey did not. From season1 we know that Audrey ALWAYS stayed at the same foster home since birth. For me that line implied that no one ever found out WHO stabbed that guy.

NeeUyank

[13]Jul 17, 2011
    please don't let it be another "parallel universes meet" stuff, I'm so sick of the idea.. two people with same identities and memories, the agent Howards that are different, I hope they would not let this beautiful thing fall into that crack.. and It allusion was really scary, and well placed..

amaryllis88

[14]Jul 17, 2011
    • level: 20

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Hello amaryllis! Long time no see!

Hi OnePerCentClub!! Good to see you too!!

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    Did anyone else think it was odd that Duke said 'his dad died on the ocean' to the Reverend and then later Vince and Dave suggested the same death report for Nathan's dad?

Now that you mention it, it does seem odd, I wonder if that's a commonly used story they like to print in the Obits? But then again, didn't Duke say he was with his father when he died? Or maybe it's the explanation that he's sticking with for the time being?

Oh, and Evi, just stick an "L" after her name, and we have the other yang to Duke's yin? I dunno, I just thought of that, I'm glad he doesn't like her, and won't forgive her for whatever she did to him. I could care less if she sticks around or not, plus I love the chemistry between Audrey (ours), Duke and Nathan, they just fit so well together. I'm also glad that Duke has some sort of storyline going this year too, with the drawing, and the guy trying to kill him...I'm glad he's "involved," and not just a lost cause character.

Kitanishi

[15]Jul 18, 2011
    amaryllis88 wrote:

Oh, and Evi, just stick an "L" after her name, and we have the other yang to Duke's yin? I dunno, I just thought of that, I'm glad he doesn't like her, and won't forgive her for whatever she did to him. I could care less if she sticks around or not, plus I love the chemistry between Audrey (ours), Duke and Nathan, they just fit so well together. I'm also glad that Duke has some sort of storyline going this year too, with the drawing, and the guy trying to kill him...I'm glad he's "involved," and not just a lost cause character.

Evi is short for Evidence. Its quite common "virtue" name, as well as VERY common name among the afro-american population ever since the civil war.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[16]Jul 19, 2011
    • level: 13

Maybe it's just me, but, I am having a slight problem with the "two" Audrey Parkers dynamic. I am okay with Lucy/Audrey and Audrey #2 sharing memories. PerhapsLucy's amnesia can be explained by the process of acquiring/absorbing Audrey's memories.It could havepossibly drainied awaymost of Lucy's memories. However, Lucy/Audrey was an FBI Field Agent. She had a boss, most likely some additional hierarchy, access to FBI computers and files, co workers and probably an office. If her boss Howard is a fake, how did he fake the rest of her previously mentioned environment?

In the Pilot episode, Lucy/Audrey's boss Howard told her, "Stick to non-fictional work after what happened in Miami." Then he sends her to Haven, Maine. Therefore, she was functioning as a Field Agent doing other cases reporting back to her boss Howard prior to Haven.AHoward different from the Howard shownapproaching Audrey #2 at the end of the "A Tale of Two Audreys" episode.Therefore, not all ofboth Audrey'smemories are the same.

I would like for the show to go into this and explain in future episodes.

OnePerCentClub

[17]Jul 19, 2011
    I'm sure it will.

The thing is that the first time we saw Audrey in the pilot she was asleep, at home. We didn't actually see her in the field or a federal office. The Miami case could've been implanted in her memory for all we know, don't you think?

I want to believe that the second Audrey is a fraud and our Audrey is the one we know.

SheWhoTangles

[18]Jul 19, 2011

Kitanishi wrote:
    SheWhoTangles wrote:
    They remind me of twin sisters that just found each other. Audrey said he never knew how the stabbing happened (saying to me the guy didn't die btw--the girls may have been 'transferred' to another home soon after)
    THey did not. From season1 we know that Audrey ALWAYS stayed at the same foster home since birth. For me that line implied that no one ever found out WHO stabbed that guy.

I was thinking more along the lines of how they were finishing each others sentences during the story, filling in details. Just because Audrey stayed in one place, doesn't mean the other girl did. We still know very little about Audrey's childhood. I just liked the confusion in both the girls and how the dark-haired Audrey didn't toss ours under the bus when the agents arrived. Looking forward to seeing where they are going to take this. I have zero theories on this one--new for me!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[19]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 13
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I'm sure it will.

The thing is that the first time we saw Audrey in the pilot she was asleep, at home. We didn't actually see her in the field or a federal office. The Miami case could've been implanted in her memory for all we know, don't you think?

I want to believe that the second Audrey is a fraud and our Audrey is the one we know.

True. The memories could have been implanted. However, if they were implanted, they were implanted with a different Boss from the other Audrey.

I think the second Audrey is the real Audrey Parker and our Audrey is Lucy. The picture our Audrey saw of the nameless woman (which was later discovered to be Lucy) basically confirms it.

OnePerCentClub

[20]Jul 20, 2011
    Oh I hope first Audrey is not Lucy because I'm shipping for Nathan and Audrey and that would be creepy!