Haven Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Love Machine (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 7/29/11 episode "Love Machine" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kitanishi

[2]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 9
    Well holy hell. I think both xfiles, dead zone and lost fans should feel right at home with this episode as it gave even MORE questions and NO answers and managed to screw up my mind a lot.

So:
    - Lucy-Audrey can play the piano, while Audrey never learned that?
    - And FBI-Audrey now is amnesiac after entering a warehouse in middle of nowhere THAT LATTER ON VANISHED FROM PLACE.
    - AND she goaded Duke into bringing her here WITH A MYSTERIOUS FILE CONNECTED TO SYMBOL?

Awesome episode. Now Excuse me while I go and collect parts of my brain that are currently splattered all around the place...

EDit: So Lucy's personality is bleeding through into Lucy-Audrey? It will be interesting to see how and if her character changes.
    Edited on 07/29/2011 11:11pm

angeland8

[3]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    I wonder if the 2nd Audrey will be back. I really liked her, I'd love to see her again.

Jemadari

[4]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 12

I liked machines refusing to let the man go storyline

It's awfully easy to say "this is a sci-fi show so we can just do something crazy when we hit a corner" which is exactly what I feel like happened here,I don't care one bit for how they got rid of Audrey 2,it just seemed lazy

amaryllis88

[5]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 20
    This episode was amazing! I enjoyed the machines lovin' their mechanic storyline, but I was more interested with the supporting story. Real Audrey's Agent Howard must've guessed that Audrey 2 would've checked out the place, and maybe what happened to her happened to the rest of the town.

Maybe it's selective amnesia? She didn't know anybody in Haven, but she seemed to have remembered Brad... When Duke mentioned that it was similar to the whole town forgetting after the Colorado kid was there, maybe not the whole town, but some of the townsfolk, they encountered whatever Audrey 2 encountered in the barn?

Also, since the place disappeared, I'm wondering if there's another puzzle floating around out there that our Agent Howard has a hold of, that instead of destroying places, it makes them disappear? So many questions, and glad that Duke was able to get a look into that file, but does it seem like something was missing from it? There didn't appear to be a whole lot of papers in there, but that symbol popped up again.

OnePerCentClub

[6]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 35
    First, I have to say that, I don't know what people say but Haven is very, very good this season.

I wasn't very excited about "machines" going berserk, but into the first 5 minutes of the episode I had this X-files kind of feeling and I just loved it.

I liked when an episode involves a case and something about the characters' lives. This time, Audrey 2 was the main part and it was just so sad that she had had such a sad ending.

As part of Team Naudrey, it was nice to see Nathan supporting Audrey and telling her how everything was going to be okay. What Audrey saw, why she had an FBI file with a map of Haven and why the heck that house disappeared is something that we'll have to wait and see later this season... or in season 3 *fingers crossed*.

I almost cried in the scene of the Audreys. I guess this is why Audrey (1) is kind of the ice queen. She saw this person as her friend, sharing memories just like best friends do and now she's gone. And she has to go back to being alone again, trying to find the answers to her questions.

Can't wait for next week.

P.S. I'd love to have Audrey's new place. The view is really nice.

OnePerCentClub

[7]Jul 30, 2011
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    This episode was amazing! I enjoyed the machines lovin' their mechanic storyline, but I was more interested with the supporting story. Real Audrey's Agent Howard must've guessed that Audrey 2 would've checked out the place, and maybe what happened to her happened to the rest of the town.

Yeah, I'm sure Howard knew that Audrey 2 was going there... it was all premeditated. So he could get rid of her, in part. And let the other Audrey continue with whatever he has for her in his agenda.

SheWhoTangles

[8]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 7

The episode did offer far more questions then answers! I was hoping for a connect with Duke's father when a boat was shown in the episode previews, but that will be coming later. The tattoo symbol in the file! I'm crushed over the 2nd Audrey and loved the two of them together, seeing Audrey with a friend/sister almost was fantastic--again did I mentioned I'm crushed?

Maybe Vince and Dave know more about that area and we'll find out next episode. The entire building disappearing... wasn't expecting that either, but excellent idea about another puzzle!

haldrey

[9]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 22
    Machines in love, ha! Great episode but what about Audrey 2, gone without further explanations?

amaryllis88

[10]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 20
    Do you think they found her car? Wouldn't Brad have driven to Haven, and then taken her with him, maybe there will be other clues in her car, as to what clues, I have no idea...but she had a briefcase of sorts in her trunk, maybe there's something else she left behind too?

Love Audrey's new place too, is it right above The Grey Gull? Because I would love a place right next to Duke !!

OnePerCentClub

[11]Jul 31, 2011
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    Do you think they found her car? Wouldn't Brad have driven to Haven, and then taken her with him, maybe there will be other clues in her car, as to what clues, I have no idea...but she had a briefcase of sorts in her trunk, maybe there's something else she left behind too?

Love Audrey's new place too, is it right above The Grey Gull? Because I would love a place right next to Duke !!

I don't know if they did. But if they did, we'll see in the next episode. I like how we're seen a bit of everything in every episode, not just the trouble of the week, but the mythology as well.

Oh yeah... Audrey's new place. I wonder if he will get jealous when a guy visits her... or when Nathan visits her

scottd2242

[12]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 14

Did they ever explain how the machines were coming alive? I was kinda zoning out and don't remember.

Kitanishi

[13]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 9
    scottd2242 wrote:

Did they ever explain how the machines were coming alive? I was kinda zoning out and don't remember.

Due to the mechanic. Whatever mechanics fixed came alive ant took a "liking" of him. Thus he can never leave haven, never lead normal life, never marry(jealous machines) and will have to fix them forever now or pretty much everything in town starts killing stuff again.

scottd2242

[14]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 14

Thanks. Thats what I thought.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[15]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 13
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    amaryllis88 wrote:

I don't know if they did. But if they did, we'll see in the next episode. I like how we're seen a bit of everything in every episode, not just the trouble of the week, but the mythology as well.

Oh yeah... Audrey's new place. I wonder if he will get jealous when a guy visits her... or when Nathan visits her

More questions then answers. I hope that when they tie everything together in the near future it makes good sense.

I am not so worried if Duke will get jealous if Audrey gets visits from other men, I am more concerned how jealous Duke gets when he sees me in Haven with his ex wife

OnePerCentClub

[16]Aug 2, 2011
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I am not so worried if Duke will get jealous if Audrey gets visits from other men, I am more concerned how jealous Duke gets when he sees me in Haven with his ex wife

Team Naudrey here. I'm sure he will start talking once Nathan comes over to visit Audrey.

Could you get Evi out of Haven???

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[17]Aug 3, 2011
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Team Naudrey here. I'm sure he will start talking once Nathan comes over to visit Audrey.

Could you get Evi out of Haven???

The town was probably cursed hundreds of years ago. The evil is there to stay.

SheWhoTangles

[18]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 7
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Every war requires a battleground, Haven may be the battleground for a very old war between good and evil--with a precarious balance held between the two!

OnePerCentClub

[19]Aug 3, 2011
    SheWhoTangles wrote:

Every war requires a battleground, Haven may be the battleground for a very old war between good and evil--with a precarious balance held between the two!

Me likes it

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[20]Aug 5, 2011
    SheWhoTangles wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Agreed...Would be nice to see flashbacks of that battle through Lucy's eyes in a future episode...