Haven Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Roots (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 8/11/11 episode "Roots" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SheWhoTangles

[2]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 7

During tonight's episode at 10 pm on East Coast (in case you haven't heard) part of the episode will have a little Twitter side story going with Vince and Dave that you can actually follow on Twitter.

Not being involved in Twitter won't hurt the story at all, but the story will be continuing in its own right over Twitter and going on for at least 6 episodes. There will be tweets going out over Twitter also (not seeing will not hurt the show for you).

If you want to follow Vince and Dave on Twitter for that storyline you can find them as VinceHaven and DaveHaven (with an @ symbol in front).

If you want to peek at the fun and not actually touch the Twitter thing at all (as there are many die-hard non-Tweeters out there), you might be able to view some of the Tweets in nifty window on HavenHappenings.com where you can be a fly on the wall and view the tweets coming in without actually interacting with Twitterverse.

If you are in Twitter, you can use search for havennews at the top to see everything there. Syfy will also have all the tweets collected at syfy.com/haven later (though I peeked and some are there already) at syfy.com/haven.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 13
    SheWhoTangles wrote:

During tonight's episode at 10 pm on East Coast (in case you haven't heard) part of the episode will have a little Twitter side story going with Vince and Dave that you can actually follow on Twitter.

Not being involved in Twitter won't hurt the story at all, but the story will be continuing in its own right over Twitter and going on for at least 6 episodes. There will be tweets going out over Twitter also (not seeing will not hurt the show for you).

If you want to follow Vince and Dave on Twitter for that storyline you can find them as VinceHaven and DaveHaven (with an @ symbol in front).

If you want to peek at the fun and not actually touch the Twitter thing at all (as there are many die-hard non-Tweeters out there), you might be able to view some of the Tweets in nifty window on HavenHappenings.com where you can be a fly on the wall and view the tweets coming in without actually interacting with Twitterverse.

If you are in Twitter, you can use search for havennews at the top to see everything there. Syfy will also have all the tweets collected at syfy.com/haven later (though I peeked and some are there already) at syfy.com/haven.

Good info. Thanks!

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[4]Aug 12, 2011
    A very intriguing episode. I really liked how they tied the troubles to two twins who married into another family splitting the troubles between the two families. Also, I thought it was quite fitting that in the intro, they showed the scene where Duke Crocker translated the inscription on the box they found hidden in the wall to read "Love conquers all". Which in turn was the remedy for the troubles in this episode. Even though my curiosity about that box's origin and powers are steadily growing, Duke's past and his conniving wife's motives and purpose have peaked my curiosity. Why did Duke's father make him swear that he would come back to Haven if the troubles returned? Who was that man on the phone Duke's wife was talking to? What does he have on Duke's wife? What does the man on the phone want with Duke? What is Duke's connection to the troubles?

Hmmmm...Gotta keep watching...

I was a little surprised that Audrey and Chris got together so quickly. It seemed all a bit rushed...especially when Nathan and Audrey seemed to have the most chemistry. I was also curious as to why Nathan was staring at that old picture of Lucy during the troubles. It almost seemed like he was on the verge of an epiphany or he was about to come up with some clever conjecture. The two writers had me dying laughing with their banter with Nathan trying to push him into pursuing a relationship with Audrey. Was like talking to two older relatives about a girl you like. I thought the look of defeat on Nathan face when Audrey and Chris walked passed the roots holding hands was priceless...sad but priceless...

angeland8

[5]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    Loved the episode, and I have to tell I love Audrey and Chris together!

SheWhoTangles

[6]Aug 13, 2011

It was an awesome episode with lots of surprises mixed in.

I would have driven Nathan nuts if he could have heard me chiming in with guys over Audrey. I spent a lot of time talking or shouting to Nathan on the TV last night! I was as broken-hearted as he was at the end. Audrey has experienced some huge losses on a very personal level. and I think she really needed to hear what Chris said to her. He said it beautifully and, with every phrase he spoke, I thought about how Nathan could have easily spoken those words to her with the exact same feeling.

Next week's preview has my mind spinning on the results of this sudden new development with Chris/Audrey, and I'm dying to see it already.

OnePerCentClub

[7]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 35

angeland8 wrote:
    Loved the episode, and I have to tell I love Audrey and Chris together!

I don't

Edited on 08/13/2011 3:08pm

SheWhoTangles

[8]Aug 13, 2011

Every character right now has someone with them with keys to their pasts, which will help us get an idea of where they are going and where they have been. Very helpful as some of them aren't telling us all they know/don't know (Duke/Evi) or have no clue who they are (Audrey?Chris) or are being hit with so many discoveries (Nathan about his dad with the help of Adam, not to mention Audrey) that we need someone to get them to share the info with us even if they aren't going to share what they discover with each other.

I still have my "circle of four" theory in my head, and if the powers of Haven have a hand in the destinies of our trio--anything or anyone tipping that precious scale out of balance will be have to be corrected. I have my suspicions on why the next episode is happening the way it is... can't wait to find out if I'm on the right track.

And about Chris/Audrey... if Chris is the observer he claims to be, he will see the triangle between Audrey, Nathan, and Duke and his logical mind will step in and show him she is not alone, she is surrounded with 2 more remarkable people. I hope he steps away before he gets physically hurt; Audrey can't deal with another powerful loss right now.

CoffeeCake225

[9]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 15
    i liked the episode, happy that they finally started discussing the whole audrey and nathan relationship. i like chris and i actually kinda like him with audrey but i didn't want them to get together so quickly...even if he did make a cute little speech about her. ...in the end none of it matters, audrey belongs with nathan haha

Placebo_obecalP

[10]Aug 14, 2011
    So what happened to the "other" Audrey? She's there in two episodes and then they're acting as if she never existed? Seems like poor writing to me.

Not getting the whole Audrey - Chris thing either, seems pointless, the more interesting aspects were when it was Audrey v Nathan v Duke, not sure were season 2 is heading and if it doesn't figure it out soon there won't be a season 3.

SheWhoTangles

[11]Aug 14, 2011
    I reference the preview clips for next week's episode that aired right after this one in my reply that some might consider spoilers.

Placebo_obecalP wrote:
    So what happened to the "other" Audrey? She's there in two episodes and then they're acting as if she never existed? Seems like poor writing to me.

Not getting the whole Audrey - Chris thing either, seems pointless, the more interesting aspects were when it was Audrey v Nathan v Duke, not sure were season 2 is heading and if it doesn't figure it out soon there won't be a season 3.

Audrey 2 went with her fiance, and the effect she had an Audrey 1 isn't going to disappear any time soon--it totally disrupted Audrey identity. Audrey's lost and Chris is the first thing that has presented itself for her to hold on to. There has been genuine affection between Nadrey, but nothing romantic yet. Seeing how the following week's preview starts with Audrey/Chris the very next morning, I have a feeling the point will be perfectly clear the next episode. There is a complex story in Haven. The troubles are the immediate satisfaction gems. The Audrey/Nathan/Duke triangle is part of the big picture being played out and needs time to develop.

no1thinker

[12]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 19

I still don't like or trust Evi. I had a bad feeling the 1st time we saw her & after this episode, it's still there. Hope Duke figures out that she's up to something.

SheWhoTangles

[13]Aug 16, 2011

Duke knows her nature, and he's pointed that out to Evi more than once. She did something unforgivable once, she's bound to do it again if she hasn't changed. And I don't think she could shift gears with a solid gold stick shift, no matter what she says. I don't think Duke believes her either... and wow, Duke reads Latin...

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[14]Aug 16, 2011
    SheWhoTangles wrote:

Duke knows her nature, and he's pointed that out to Evi more than once. She did something unforgivable once, she's bound to do it again if she hasn't changed. And I don't think she could shift gears with a solid gold stick shift, no matter what she says. I don't think Duke believes her either... and wow, Duke reads Latin...

Agreed. Duke seems like an intelligent person that doesn't extend his trust too far or too quickly. Also, Ugghhhh...I read latin too...

haldrey

[15]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 22
    Placebo_obecalP wrote:

Agree! Although as a stand alone the episodes are good, the continuing storyline is a bit disorganized.

Placebo_obecalP

[16]Aug 17, 2011

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    Audrey 2 went with her fiance

She did? Err she had a fiancée? I don't remember any of that, I do have a habit of falling asleep during Haven but the wife usually catches me up with what I missed and she has no idea where the other Audrey went to. Which episode shows a fiancée and her leaving with said fiancée please?

SheWhoTangles

[17]Aug 17, 2011
    Placebo_obecalP wrote:

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    Audrey 2 went with her fiance

She did? Err she had a fiancée? I don't remember any of that, I do have a habit of falling asleep during Haven but the wife usually catches me up with what I missed and she has no idea where the other Audrey went to. Which episode shows a fiancée and her leaving with said fiancée please?

"Love Machine" Episode 3. Audrey 2 talks about her fiance on the boat that episode on the way to the island. The rest is all at the very end, which if you dosed off would be easy to miss. They always have lots of surprises at the very ends of the episodes.

Placebo_obecalP

[18]Aug 17, 2011
    Doh! Just realised now we missed that episode and watch 2 then 4, will watch it now, thanks for explaining

Placebo_obecalP

[19]Aug 18, 2011
    Well we watched that episode now and it makes a bit more sense Still kinda feel they just ran out of ideas for the 2nd Audrey so just though "hey let's wipe her memory then she can bugger off with the BF"...

sofije

[20]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 3

Ok, so the episode was good and it's interesting with the development around Chris but I have this huge pet peeve about the actor (Jason Priestly)playing him...seriously, everytime he gets on a show I like, they cancel the show after a few episodes, and from tonight's episode we know that there's a lot more coming this season, but I just don't know if I'll be able to watch it...i'll have to work on my peeve so I can continue to follow the show...(but couldn't they have found another actor, it's not like there's a lack of talented ones!)

Edited on 08/19/2011 11:58am