Haven

Friday 10:00 PM on Syfy Premiered Jul 09, 2010 Returning "See No Evil" premiering late summer 2014

Gislef

Haven Fan Reviews (50)

• Cool opening

Pretty good SF - I would almost watch just for the opening - one of the best since Carnivale!
  • Simple awsome

This is a great show. Its like Xfiles resurrected with some twists and new characters. No conspiracy this time, but very good show.
  • Troubles by Mumbai Standstill

Checkout this song on YouTube. It so relates to The Troubles. The band is called Mumbai Standstill. Song is called Troubles
  • love this show!

so glad it is renewed!! this is a great show and it is exciting and thrilling all the time, love the story lines, love how they can surprise me, few shows can
  • Unique and Inspired

I love Haven, it is one of the best shows on television today. It brings a very unique personality to the table. I have never before seen something quite as unique as Haven and I am anxiously awaiting season 5.
  • End season 4?

I was watching s4, and i dont this the end or will be continuing? The lighthouse was finale?????
  • End season 4?

• Where to go?

It is my understanding that the end of Season 3 coincided with the end of the Stephen King novel. If so then Season 4 was new territory and that explains why it seemed to be dragged out. Each episode revealed a little bit more about Audrey and the others but I was frustrated about how little was revealed.

I understand very well how difficult it would be to create something original, interesting and exciting. Creation of an entire alternate environment with corresponding rules and history and explanations is something that someone capable of doing all that deserves credit for doing. I think the writers for Season 4 were unable to creative enough to impress me. I hope they have more of the story already determined but I get the impression they are not sure where they are going.
  • Bad guys with a heart

Love Duke his the bad guy with a Heart, who loves Parker no matter what, but still tell her when she is wrong. Nathan seems more softy that loves Audrey no matter what she does, and is her puppy. And Edge... well im a WWE fan, and loved to see him in the ring, so im loving his new stardom as an actor, his character seems to fit him well.
  • who is audrey anyway

i still want to know who she is, is she a witch, someone from a paralell universe??????
  • Nothing left to explain, too much left hanging.

This was one of those season finales that seems like it was meant to be a series finale and then got backtracked into mattering a lot less.

The problem is that Haven has jumped a number of sharks by now. The "other side" was a lot more mysterious before it got shown to us in the shape of swirly CG mists... twice. There's very little left to know about Audrey anymore. There's next to nothing left to know about the troubles.

The finale tried to set up a cliffhanger by having Audrey turn heel (I declare the term legit by the presence of WWE Superstar Edge) and leaving half the cast dead or dying, but that seems like it would get resolved in a TV movie or a season opener, leaving the rest of the show flopping like a fish out of water until somebody decides to finish it off.

Don't get me wrong, this season of Haven hasn't been terrible. Colin Ferguson is a hoot as an impish bad guy, and he finally gave the show some series-wide aim other than dealing with monster-of-the-week stuff, but this could have ended the show on a high note and it didn't. As it is, the most interesting thread left for an eventual fifth season is figuring out why Dave gets sucked into the gate when it opens like a wrinkly lemming.

• Dragging it out?

I agree with cherold1, its following the path of Once upon a time, heroes, etc. great when it started , but now has no real plot development. continues introducing an overkill of new material.
  • William character by Colin F.

HE is so hot on this season! Hope he will stick around on this show's new seasons! What do you think? :)
  • Fascinating, but is there an end game?

I liked Haven from the beginning, and as the forth season starts, I'm still enjoying the mix of engaging characters, creepy stories and a mysterious story arc. But lately I've begun wondering if the people making this show have an ending in mind, or if they're just digging themselves into a big hole.

It's a question I started asking about Lost in two episodes, but Lost was a show that threw a million incongruities at you ever minute. Haven had a more measured approach, looking like a fairly straightforward supernatural series with just a little mystery to work on week to week. And for the first two seasons, I'd say everything fit comfortably within the show's apparent logic, so that it seemed you had a pretty simply mystery - why are there Troubles and who is Audrey - which could have a relatively simple supernatural answer . the town is under a spell and Audrey is some sort of mystical guardian).

But in the third season, things got more complicated. At this point it can't be a simple spell because there seem to be a number of probably supernatural people involved, there's a weird building, and in the 4th season it appears the supernatural people aren't all on the same side. And there seem to be all sorts of very specific rules for all the magic.

That means that as of now, the show has a lot of explaining to do. Admittedly, it still has less mysteries than Lost did by the end of the first season, but as it continues on, it will probably keep adding more. The third season really felt it was drawing to a conclusion, and I do worry that they'd only really thought as far as that season, that they really could have ended it there, and that they are now winging it.

But I'm okay with it all falling apart at the end as long as it keeps being as entertaining as its been so far.
  • boy who everybody forgot

The first 2 episodes were okay. I wish that they moved Audrey's plot a little farther long and it seems that nobody remembers James. It's been 2 episodes everybody is talking about getting Audrey back but nobody said anything about James. Even when Nathan saw Duke, he was like I thought a killed you and Audrey. Also Jordan is really getting on my nerves. That girl needs to take a chill pill. I'm glad Dwight is getting more screen time this season. I've also liked him.
  • Slow start

Bit disappointed with the new season first episode they could have done with less of the boring bits but I do love the show stop dragging it out so much!
  • The troubled seeking help

Audrey Parker former FBI is new to the longer she stays in Haven,Maine the more she learns about her own helps police man Nathan,together with Duke they help the 'troubled' people who have a 'condition' that can be very dangerous,so they're called 'troubled'.
  • Haven for the Aussies

Haven is aired on ABC 2 late at night. Sometimes early morning. Usually around 1am. So need to download.... Hope this helps.
  • Renewal???

The series is coming back in October 2013 (Let's just hope they won't change their mind)
  • Need my Haven Shot

When is it going to return we don`t get it on Australia tv so have to download love the show can not wait for it to return
  • Give it a chance you will not regret it!

I LOVE this show and Nathan and Audrey are the best tv couple since Mulder and Scully. I can't wait for the next season! People who have not seen it just give it a chance! it is only 13 episodes per season you can catch up before season 4 starts!
  • Haven is great but I hope next season there is less focus on Duke

I love Haven and the chemistry between Nathan and Audrey. This season was really good except for all the focus on Duke. That character is really unlikeable and this season they have turned him into a pathetic puppy dog who follows Audrey around and does everything she orders him to do. I hope they find something to do with him next season other than that. Eric Balfour has made a name for himself killing off tv shows just with his presence and in Haven he is playing the same character he always plays. I would give this show a 10 if it was not for him. Every time his face is on screen my daughter and I cringe. The guy is just not attractive and he is really annoying. Having him play the ladies man is completely unbelievable.
  • yay for duke over nathan!

I never thought I would say this but, seeing Nathan falling all over that creepy girl and doing nothing but complaining and being sarcastic and distant and angry, Audrey would surely fall for Duke, he is there for her, no matter what.. and he has been like that all the time, while Nathan always had sth, some reservations, and that never ending unresolved fight with Duke.. this is a great turn of events, and I am hoping it would go like this..
  • Ridicilous, enjoyable and mysterious

This is a very strange show that normally wouldn't have survived to the end of the first season. The stories are ridicilous (even for sci-fi series), acting is weak and sometimes artificial, sound sometimes doesn't fit to the lips' movement or you can easily hear that it was recorded in the studio even if the characters are outside. So why is it still living? - you may ask. Each episode carries a message that makes this show enjoyable and one of its kind. There is also a mystery behind the Colorado Kid that anybody would like to know more about. In general - only because of the main plot and this magical tenderness this show is still floating. Otherwise it would have been canceled long ago. And this is the only reason I am still watching. I don't care about the stories of "The Troubled". I am interested only in the main story and I hope that it will not be spoiled.
  • Hi all

I think this show is great. Cant wait for season 3. Lets hope its as good as the first two
  • Half a year, that's a long long time!

"I'm your father Luke... Huh James!!!" Star wars power!

That was a great final liked it! But I wonder what will be left of Haven after the meteor storm?

A lot of people could be angry after Audrey of maybe there will be a jump through time and every body will get out of the barn happily ever after? Except Arlow in the role of the evil witch resuscitated.

By the way Nathan is a tough guy, even after several holes in the chest he is still standing!!!

Like others it will be hard to wait till next season, fortunately there are some others good show to ease the waiting!
  • BEST SHOW EVER!!

I love Nathan and Audrey, i love there time together and the tension between them........ But what a cliffhanger did they end the season with. y did Crocker jump into the barn instead of Nathan, i cant wait for season 4. Whats gonna happen next??
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

I watch the show for Nathan and Audrey mainly, for me they are the heart of the show. Nathan is my favorite character and Audrey comes second. This season the writers built a wall between them. They turned Audrey into an immature idiot who pulls Nathan in, pushes him away and then goes and makes out with his best friend, all while she claims to be in love with Nathan. Also they have been giving WAY too much lines and screen time to Duke so the viewers would empathize with him and this has cheapened the show. I have nothing against Duke or Eric Balfour who is a great actor but if I wanted to watch Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean I prefer the original thank you. Please bring us back the great Nathan and Audrey dynamic from season 1 and season 2 for season 4! Please make Audrey grow up! And I agree with the poster about Duke's hair, somebody get the guy a shampoo,,,
  • Out of order?

Why does the listing show episode 12 airing 20 days after episode 13? Will Duke finally wash his hair by season's end?
  • most annoying tv character ever

i love the show. the only thing that is really annoying me is the character Nathan Wournos played by Lucas Bryant . what an ass!!! i was really happy when got shot in season two. too bad they brought him back to life...

besides that, a brilliant show.