Haven

Friday 7:00 PM on Syfy Premiered Jul 09, 2010 In Season

Gislef

User Score: 2060

Haven Fan Reviews (57)

• do the writers have a clue about writing!!

I just watched s05e11 and I want to congratulate the writers for doing their best to drive Haven down the hill. when the season began I loved the character of Mara, in comparison with the dull and boring Audrey. and I discovered that Emily Rose can actually act. then the writers decided to soften Mara and humanize her!!! first of all she's not human, second of all, she loathes humans and she even said to Dwight "you're less than insects to third of all, the woman is pure evil and she's been trapped for 500 years, she started the season with a mission which is finding the aether and opening the thinnies, and she surely seemed to have a hidden agenda. but now the writers all of a sudden want her to play house and be all in love with Duke?! the season is coming to an end, and what the hell are you doing?! Audrey is still fixing a trouble per episode instead of going after Mara or investigating the CDC lady, Duke and Mara are playing house, Nathan is whining about Audrey all the time, and Dwight wants to date the CDC lady. I want the last episodes to answer the following; what are the troubles for? why did Mara ask Duke about his mother? and you know what would be great? if Mara is only winning Duke's trust to eventually stab him in the back
  • Low Budget, Low Budget ...

How long can Mara/Audrey and the dudes remain in one room and talk, talk, talk, talk, talk? How long can Duke wear a baseball cap? Series 5 is a complete dud. There is no story, no action/excitement and no development. It's just characters talking about troubles over and over again. Either producers cut the budget or they are purposely trying to sabotage the popularity of the series to make sure audiences tune-out so they can cancel the series. If it has nothing to do with that, perhaps it's the series producers. They need to hire talented new writers instead of old burned out, complacent glorified "schooled TV writers".
  • Never over

I love this show pIease please don't end it yet give us 3 more season Before ending it I'm in love with this show
  • BEST SHOW EVER

This show is basically my life so I hope this isn't the last season. I think they way they are going with is is perfect! If it does have to end I just hope it is a happy ending:)
  • clean s-Haven

Yup... I do I agree with Linia. If this is the final seasn, I DO hope for something more than just a good ending,

It's a good show to be wasted with a lame ending!
  • I fear for... the end.

Ok, I LOVE this show - but last season was weird and setup a really strange story-line for the final season.

I have seen the ending for many shows and most are not great.

Often they make the final episode sappy or unfinished, leaving you frustrated that there is no real closure.

I am sooooo scared that this season (whilst apparently a long one) will not finish properly.

We have still had no real closure on the Colorado Kid thing - I mean we know he was her son... we know she put him in the barn to save his life - but.... we do NOT know what happened to him in that final barn or what happened to him, when the barn was destroyed. Also none of them even mentioned him in the last season.. Sigh...

I just want to see a Final Episode, where there is real closure - all the troubles are stopped, the Teagues are reunited, the townspeople are finally free.

I love Adam Copeland as Dwight in this - I always liked him on the WWE (or at least until he turned full heel) but he has really proven he can actually act. I hope they really give him some good stuff to do in the final season.

Ok - sooooo.. There has been a very strong story-line going on between Duke and Audrey. Whilst the writers finally went down the Nathan/Audrey route - Duke and Audrey have a truly important connection. He basically is the only one that can truly stop the troubles. He still loves her (even with the Jennifer sideline) and I think there is a lot more chemistry between them then Audrey/Nathan.

Sorry rambled a bit ther.. but just saying - really really really really need to see closure on this one properly - Was GUTTED when Eureka ended (way too soon in my opinion) and there are just so few proper scripted shows - way toooo much reality television...
  • The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

In 2010, the Syfy channel had an interesting idea, to take one of Stephen King's lesser known works, a rare dramatic mystery, The Colorado Kid, and turn it into a Science Fiction story. A lot of Syfy's original shows are way out there, but Haven is more grounded and has quickly amassed a cult following. While there are similarities to the book and other King works are referenced, the show is surprisingly original.

Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) is an FBI agent, who gets a tip that one of her fugitives has been spotted in the small town of Haven Maine. Parker is a terrific agent, because she knows nothing of who she is or where she came from. This beautiful, but introverted girl has put everything into her work and it has become her whole life. Once she gets to Haven, she realizes that something about this town isn't quite right, but she has no idea what she's in store for.

During her investigation, Parker meets two brothers who have run the towns newspaper for 40 years. These brother show Parker some old stories from a unsolved case 25 years earlier, the murder of the Colorado Kid. Why would Audry care about it you ask, well there is a photo in the paper, showing a woman at the crime scene who could pass for her twin.

With the chance to discover who she is and where she came from Parker takes a leave of absence from the FBI and joins the Haven . only to discover that the town and it's people are afflicted with something known as the troubles. These troubled people, for some unknown reason, have ailments that allow them to do the seemingly impossible, such as shape-shifting, destruction with a thought, murder by shadow, the ability to star fires, even an artist who control things simply by drawing them.

Parker is paired with the towns only Detective, Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant) who himself is a troubled person. His affliction is that he can't feel anything, an adaptation of a real disease in which people can't feel pain, Wuornos can't feel a thing. Together Parker and Wuornos investigate these troubles, trying to find out what's causing them, while at the same time, Audry tries to solve the Colorado Kid case in the hopes that she might one day find out who she is and where she comes from.

This show is fantastic and it's not just about the Science Fiction mystery that I love so much. The troubles are a big part of it, but there is also a great mystery to the whole thing, that is really left to the audience to figure out along with Audrey. The show is further boosted by the small town element, as Haven is one of these quaint towns, where everyone knows everyone else. It makes for some fabulous recurring guests, side stories, and the occasional hilarious moment.

Emily Rose is out of this world! She has always had bit parts in TV series here and there, but she's never been a star before, but when it comes to Haven she is truly the perfect one to play Audrey Parker. She brings such a different personality to a sci-fi/cop show and the way the mystery and troubles follow her really draws the audience in.

Lucas Bryant is just as interesting as we try to figure out what draws this man into this work. Sure he's trouble, but his lack of feeling has left him emotionless. At times it seems like he's doing a job he doesn't want to do, but for some reason has to.

The only other regular cast member is Eric Balfour who at the ripe age of 37 is a Science Fiction veteran. Balfour has done a ton of Sci-Fi, but finds himself in a different role in Haven. Balfour plays Duke Crocker, a petty criminal and smuggler, with a terrific sense of humor, who always seems to get caught up in these troubles cases.

Haven is amazing, it's just one of these addictive shows that draws you in right from the very first episode. The writing makes you feel like you're riding along in your hometown, trying to figure out the mystery along side the two detectives. Every episode is better than the one before it and it's just one of those shows you never want to stop watching. It is one of the best shows I have seen in ages and I really can't recommend it enough!
  • Cool opening

Pretty good SF - I would almost watch just for the opening - one of the best since Carnivale!
  • Simple awsome

This is a great show. Its like Xfiles resurrected with some twists and new characters. No conspiracy this time, but very good show.
  • Troubles by Mumbai Standstill

Checkout this song on YouTube. It so relates to The Troubles. The band is called Mumbai Standstill. Song is called Troubles
  • love this show!

so glad it is renewed!! this is a great show and it is exciting and thrilling all the time, love the story lines, love how they can surprise me, few shows can
  • Unique and Inspired

I love Haven, it is one of the best shows on television today. It brings a very unique personality to the table. I have never before seen something quite as unique as Haven and I am anxiously awaiting season 5.
  • End season 4?

I was watching s4, and i dont this the end or will be continuing? The lighthouse was finale?????
  • End season 4?

• Where to go?

It is my understanding that the end of Season 3 coincided with the end of the Stephen King novel. If so then Season 4 was new territory and that explains why it seemed to be dragged out. Each episode revealed a little bit more about Audrey and the others but I was frustrated about how little was revealed.

I understand very well how difficult it would be to create something original, interesting and exciting. Creation of an entire alternate environment with corresponding rules and history and explanations is something that someone capable of doing all that deserves credit for doing. I think the writers for Season 4 were unable to creative enough to impress me. I hope they have more of the story already determined but I get the impression they are not sure where they are going.
  • Bad guys with a heart

Love Duke his the bad guy with a Heart, who loves Parker no matter what, but still tell her when she is wrong. Nathan seems more softy that loves Audrey no matter what she does, and is her puppy. And Edge... well im a WWE fan, and loved to see him in the ring, so im loving his new stardom as an actor, his character seems to fit him well.
  • who is audrey anyway

i still want to know who she is, is she a witch, someone from a paralell universe??????
  • Nothing left to explain, too much left hanging.

This was one of those season finales that seems like it was meant to be a series finale and then got backtracked into mattering a lot less.

The problem is that Haven has jumped a number of sharks by now. The "other side" was a lot more mysterious before it got shown to us in the shape of swirly CG mists... twice. There's very little left to know about Audrey anymore. There's next to nothing left to know about the troubles.

The finale tried to set up a cliffhanger by having Audrey turn heel (I declare the term legit by the presence of WWE Superstar Edge) and leaving half the cast dead or dying, but that seems like it would get resolved in a TV movie or a season opener, leaving the rest of the show flopping like a fish out of water until somebody decides to finish it off.

Don't get me wrong, this season of Haven hasn't been terrible. Colin Ferguson is a hoot as an impish bad guy, and he finally gave the show some series-wide aim other than dealing with monster-of-the-week stuff, but this could have ended the show on a high note and it didn't. As it is, the most interesting thread left for an eventual fifth season is figuring out why Dave gets sucked into the gate when it opens like a wrinkly lemming.

• Dragging it out?

I agree with cherold1, its following the path of Once upon a time, heroes, etc. great when it started , but now has no real plot development. continues introducing an overkill of new material.
  • William character by Colin F.

HE is so hot on this season! Hope he will stick around on this show's new seasons! What do you think? :)
  • Fascinating, but is there an end game?

I liked Haven from the beginning, and as the forth season starts, I'm still enjoying the mix of engaging characters, creepy stories and a mysterious story arc. But lately I've begun wondering if the people making this show have an ending in mind, or if they're just digging themselves into a big hole.

It's a question I started asking about Lost in two episodes, but Lost was a show that threw a million incongruities at you ever minute. Haven had a more measured approach, looking like a fairly straightforward supernatural series with just a little mystery to work on week to week. And for the first two seasons, I'd say everything fit comfortably within the show's apparent logic, so that it seemed you had a pretty simply mystery - why are there Troubles and who is Audrey - which could have a relatively simple supernatural answer . the town is under a spell and Audrey is some sort of mystical guardian).

But in the third season, things got more complicated. At this point it can't be a simple spell because there seem to be a number of probably supernatural people involved, there's a weird building, and in the 4th season it appears the supernatural people aren't all on the same side. And there seem to be all sorts of very specific rules for all the magic.

That means that as of now, the show has a lot of explaining to do. Admittedly, it still has less mysteries than Lost did by the end of the first season, but as it continues on, it will probably keep adding more. The third season really felt it was drawing to a conclusion, and I do worry that they'd only really thought as far as that season, that they really could have ended it there, and that they are now winging it.

But I'm okay with it all falling apart at the end as long as it keeps being as entertaining as its been so far.
  • boy who everybody forgot

The first 2 episodes were okay. I wish that they moved Audrey's plot a little farther long and it seems that nobody remembers James. It's been 2 episodes everybody is talking about getting Audrey back but nobody said anything about James. Even when Nathan saw Duke, he was like I thought a killed you and Audrey. Also Jordan is really getting on my nerves. That girl needs to take a chill pill. I'm glad Dwight is getting more screen time this season. I've also liked him.
  • Slow start

Bit disappointed with the new season first episode they could have done with less of the boring bits but I do love the show stop dragging it out so much!
  • The troubled seeking help

Audrey Parker former FBI is new to the longer she stays in Haven,Maine the more she learns about her own helps police man Nathan,together with Duke they help the 'troubled' people who have a 'condition' that can be very dangerous,so they're called 'troubled'.
  • Haven for the Aussies

Haven is aired on ABC 2 late at night. Sometimes early morning. Usually around 1am. So need to download.... Hope this helps.
  • Renewal???

The series is coming back in October 2013 (Let's just hope they won't change their mind)
  • Need my Haven Shot

When is it going to return we don`t get it on Australia tv so have to download love the show can not wait for it to return
  • Give it a chance you will not regret it!

I LOVE this show and Nathan and Audrey are the best tv couple since Mulder and Scully. I can't wait for the next season! People who have not seen it just give it a chance! it is only 13 episodes per season you can catch up before season 4 starts!
  • Haven is great but I hope next season there is less focus on Duke

I love Haven and the chemistry between Nathan and Audrey. This season was really good except for all the focus on Duke. That character is really unlikeable and this season they have turned him into a pathetic puppy dog who follows Audrey around and does everything she orders him to do. I hope they find something to do with him next season other than that. Eric Balfour has made a name for himself killing off tv shows just with his presence and in Haven he is playing the same character he always plays. I would give this show a 10 if it was not for him. Every time his face is on screen my daughter and I cringe. The guy is just not attractive and he is really annoying. Having him play the ladies man is completely unbelievable.
  • yay for duke over nathan!

I never thought I would say this but, seeing Nathan falling all over that creepy girl and doing nothing but complaining and being sarcastic and distant and angry, Audrey would surely fall for Duke, he is there for her, no matter what.. and he has been like that all the time, while Nathan always had sth, some reservations, and that never ending unresolved fight with Duke.. this is a great turn of events, and I am hoping it would go like this..
Chemistry