Haven

Welcome to Haven

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 09, 2010 on Syfy

7.7
  • boring and depressing.

the look and feel of the show was very dark, dreary and depressing -- just because a show is about the supernatural does not mean that it has to be all dark and dreary - on the contrary, having some light helps set up those darker moments - this was like one dark scene after another and IMO became quite monotonous. the music was uninspired and not well matched with the action. the dialogue was uninteresting and mechanical. the acting was wishy-washy. the mystery of the detective's origins and connection with the town was not pulling me in for some reason and normally I totally get hooked by that kind of stuff. .

For me to continue with the show, there would need to be changes - starting with vastly better use of lighting, vastly better music, vastly better scripts, and a more engaging overall atmosphere. Oh and some wit and fun (which were both pretty much absent in this pilot despite some minor unsuccessful attempts). That's quite a laundry list so I'm not holding out hope for this one, but I may still go back and check it out later one more (possibly final) time.