Haven

Welcome to Haven

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 09, 2010 on Syfy

7.7
  • Yet another "X-Files" inspired show...

5.5
    I happen to like the Sci-Fi genre. Just this year I've seen "Sanctuary", "Warehouse 13", "Supernatural", "Fringe" etc. And I probably would have been fascinated by all of these shows...if I hadn't seen the "X-Files" first. See, the things is, "Haven" might be based on a novella by Stephen King, but watching the pilot I couldn't help thinking of an episode of the "X-Files" called "The Rain King". Somehow the entire case of a person, who possesses the freaky ability to control the weather, but then it turns out it's actually another person who does that - that sounded all too familiar. Not to mention the main character Audrey Parker reminds me of Fox Mulder in so many ways.
    On a sidenote, the lead actress looks too much like Kelly Clarkson to me,(or possibly Julia Stiles) and her accent is bugging me a bit. I can't make up my mind if I like the chief's son or not - he seems alright for now, though.
    So, all in all, the pilot of "Haven" didn't seem particularly interesting or enjoyable, but who knows, perhaps the following episodes will be better.