Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Alex is taking a break from Five-0

KatelynSligar

[1]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 4

Hey guys, so don't know who has seen/heard and who hasn't that Alex is taking a break from filming due to an issue with prescription painkillers he was taking after injuring himself on set. They think he'll only miss one episode and he was not the focus of that ep so it wasn't an issue.

I suppose for us fans it explains why he has been looking increasingly thin and ill as season 2 progressed. We can only hope that he recovers pretty quick and is back on set soon as the healthy Alex we've come to love.

I know some people have been thinking "oh look another celeb with drug issues" but that's not really fair. In this case he was injured and taking pain meds that are addictive from the get go and he took the first step to get help before it got out of control so I for one still whole heartedly support him and won't stop.

Just thought I'd put this on here for those that didn't know. You can find the article on numerous online news sites.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

showinuse9

[2]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 11
    no wow i didnt hear that. i didnt even notice the thinness. I wonder what injury it was. But anyway hope he comes back healthy i got a no homo man crush on him lol

KatelynSligar

[3]Mar 5, 2012
    I think it was a shoulder injury from doing his own stunts. and lol! I have a very girly hetro crush on him

g33z3r

[4]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 1

Greetings from the UK and a fan of the show. My 2 girls aged 9 & 10 love it as well - apart from the shameless Microsoft advertising

I've used this site for years but felt the need to finally register to share something in relation to this thread. A few years ago I had an accident which left me disabled. I take a pain killer called Oxycontin which I believe is called the same over there in the US of A..... in the past when I have heard about celebrities with an addiction to pain killers, I've always thought to myself "how the hell can that happen - what is wrong with these people?" - well I can now say I understand and feel so sorry for them. If I miss just one tablet, within hours the withdrawel symptons are some of the most debilitating pains I've ever been through. From full body sweats and cramps to vomitting and beathing problems. Take a pill and within 10 mins it all goes away.

So to Alex and anyone else who has been unfortunate enough to have developed a dependance on these things through no fault of their own, my heart goes out to you and I wish you a speedy recovery. Now, go kick some arse

Carry on folks

KatelynSligar

[5]Mar 6, 2012
    Sorry to hear about your accident, I can't imagine what it must be like. You show true strength by not taking the easy way out like some people choose to do. Hopefully Alex is back to his original healthy self soon and like you perfectly said kicking some arse! PS: don't forget about the completely shameless subway advertising! Can't believe that they wasted precious arse-kicking time on SUBWAY! lol

lexlou74

[6]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 3

what I'm glad to see, glad may not the right word here, but my point is that he has realise that there is a problem and is getting help now before it get beyond him and he doesn't want help. good for him, get better

Edited on 03/08/2012 12:56am

showinuse9

[7]Apr 22, 2012
    only time i really used prescription drugs was when i had my wisdom teeth taken out and got some vicodin. I didnt even finish the bottle, i think i may have the bottle and the remaining pills somewhere still

Susan1961

[8]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 6

I love Alex O'Loughlin. It's been rough not seeing him in a couple episodes...even though he did show up at the very end of the one. I am so glad he's dealing with this issue BEFORE it ruins his career and this show! I hope he's back soon and completely healthy.

I was injured in an auto accident almost 22 years ago and take high doses of pain killers to manage my constant pain. It's rough when people don't understand. Most chronic pain sufferers are not ADDICTED but dependent on the medication. We don't take it to "get high", in fact, I do not feel anything but pain relief when I take my meds. I have no muscle left in my hip. I am so glad that Alex is getting the treatment he needs so that he doesn't have to suffer later. I love that he does a lot of his own stunts, but maybe you better allow your stunt double do some so that you can stay healthy!!

I hope he's back and he and the team are kicking butt ASAP!! Love the banter between Steve and Danny. Love the show and never miss it...even the reruns!

SG1andAhalf

[9]May 5, 2012
    • level: 7

This is sad news. I hadn't noticed him looking tired or thin. I hope he will have gotten help in time. It seems we lose so many young, talented actors because of drugs. It's been two episodes now. Hope he will be back soon. Prayers are with you Alex. We care!

KatelynSligar

[10]May 5, 2012
    He's back on set and will be front and centre in the final 2 eps of the season. He's looking much better from the photos on set I have seen.

showinuse9

[11]May 10, 2012
    KatelynSligar wrote:
    He's back on set and will be front and centre in the final 2 eps of the season. He's looking much better from the photos on set I have seen.

he looked good on the first episode back.

Dec1964

[12]Dec 11, 2012
    • level: 35

KatelynSligar wrote:

Hey guys, so don't know who has seen/heard and who hasn't that Alex is taking a break from filming due to an issue with prescription painkillers he was taking after injuring himself on set. They think he'll only miss one episode and he was not the focus of that ep so it wasn't an issue.

I suppose for us fans it explains why he has been looking increasingly thin and ill as season 2 progressed. We can only hope that he recovers pretty quick and is back on set soon as the healthy Alex we've come to love.

I know some people have been thinking "oh look another celeb with drug issues" but that's not really fair. In this case he was injured and taking pain meds that are addictive from the get go and he took the first step to get help before it got out of control so I for one still whole heartedly support him and won't stop.

Just thought I'd put this on here for those that didn't know. You can find the article on numerous online news sites.

I did notice that Alex was looking very thin, i thought something was wrong,

but i didn't know he was taking pain killers for an injury.

I just watched season 3 episode 10 & he looks fine, thanks for the info.

Edited on 12/11/2012 4:41am

KatelynSligar

[13]Jan 2, 2013

It was during season 2 that he was unwell, he's back to being fit and healthy now

Dec1964

[14]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 35

KatelynSligar wrote:

It was during season 2 that he was unwell, he's back to being fit and healthy now

So i noticed.