Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Alex O' Loughlin

cookiedoughluvr

[1]May 19, 2010
    • level: 6

Alex did such a great job in Moonlight, Three Rivers, and in the movie The Back-Up plan! I am almost 100% sure he is going to be great in this show! He is very talented actor and hopefully this tv series will show that! What do you think about Alex O' Loughlin?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VConn

[2]May 20, 2010
    • level: 17
    cookiedoughluvr wrote:

Alex did such a great job in Moonlight, Three Rivers, and in the movie The Back-Up plan! I am almost 100% sure he is going to be great in this show! He is very talented actor and hopefully this tv series will show that! What do you think about Alex O' Loughlin?

I know they can't cancel movies but weren't both those shows axed after 1 season or less? I've said all along this show will likely fail as well and after seeing the opening credits which ripoff the NCIS:LA credits badly I haven't changed my mind, He might be a good actor but he makes bad career choices.

cookiedoughluvr

[3]May 20, 2010
    well Moonlight only got canceled after one season because of the writers strike, but the show actually got voted for best TV drama in 2008. i believe that Three Rivers was canceled after three seasons, which was no surprise. he does need to make better career choices, so hopefully he made the right one with this show! -thanks for the feedback

agriope23

[4]May 24, 2010
    • level: 9

I am really excited for him! I discovered him in Moonlight and I loved him, like evreybody else I imagine. I actually thought Moonlight was one of those happy accidents, where young actors with amazing chemistry get thrown together. After the show got canceled, I thought he'd just disappear. But sincehe got Three Riversand a movie opposite Jennifer Lopez. And now Hawai-Five-O! I grew up on reruns so to me it seems like the part everyone wanted for next season. I'll be tuning in for sure!

snakeyes_7

[5]May 24, 2010
    • level: 4
    I totally agree with you. Alex is a very talented actor and he did a great job in Moonlight. I am sure this show will be great. The preview is awesome!

haldrey

[6]May 28, 2010
    • level: 22
    He is a very good actor with very bad luck and to tackle Hawaii Five-o is risky business. The show was a tremendous success and remakes of such show are not always successful.

MarciaCech

[7]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 1

Love Alex...not particularly fond of cop shows...I would have prefered new, multiple seasons of Moonlight. Who's the idiot at CBS that missed THAT boat ? I hope CBS doesn't screw this one up.

MickFever

[8]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 7

Alex is an amazing actor and Yes Moonlight will go down as one of CBS's biggest mistakes. But CBS wasn't too stupid they knew they had someone special in Alex and put him under contract right after Moonlight. CBS has been trying to recreate a show for Alex that would keep his fans. Three rivers didn't do it, and by taking on a remake of a classic they are risking a lot. But they know how faithful Alex's fans are and that we will giveanything with him ina chance. As one of those fans I really enjoyed tonight's episode. My wish is that CBS gets it right this time and Alex will be around for many more seasons to come.

Sylvial

[9]Oct 6, 2010

Alex continues to be and amazing actor & the premier episodes of Five 0 show that Alex has found the vehicle to bring him to major stardom. Go Alex & Go Hawaii 5-0

CRaivios

[10]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 21
    Alex is an appealing actor with a growing fan base. CBS is doing the same thing with him that they did with Tom Selleck - kept using him until they found a series that (hopefully) is a hit.

pgsuperfan

[11]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 25

THanks I knew I have seen him on something else Three Rivers I really like that show. Bye the way he reminds me of a young Kevin Cosner is he related ?

CRaivios

[12]Oct 13, 2010
    Alex is from Australia, so I doubt it. In the promo for the show, it would have been mentioned if he was a Costner relative. Scott is the son of James Caan and TPTB are downplaying that relationship.

honeydew52

[13]Oct 16, 2010
    He is an extremely talented actor. I really hope that Hawaii Five-0 stays strong. He was awesome in Moonlight and I'm a total fan of Hawaii Five-0. And it doesn't hurt that he's extremely hot as well.

pgsuperfan

[14]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 25

from what I see the ratings are good so far

tiva_mcabby5

[15]Nov 8, 2010
    • level: 9

just gotta put it out there that Alex O'Loughin is QUITE attractive . and he's also an awesome actor. and he's australian.

fringelover

[16]Nov 12, 2010
    I think he's doing a great job. Love James Caan as Dann-O.....too!

I think the opening credits remind me of the original Hawaii-5O with Steve on the balcony and the planes and waves and stuff....though I just noticed that this past week.

lynna12000

[17]Nov 12, 2010
    fringelover wrote:
    I think he's doing a great job. Love James Caan as Dann-O.....too!

I think the opening credits remind me of the original Hawaii-5O with Steve on the balcony and the planes and waves and stuff....though I just noticed that this past week.

Umm...slight correction...It's SCOTT Caan as Danno. James Caan is his dad.

But Alex is doing a great job as Steve. Yum1

fringelover

[18]Nov 15, 2010

lynna12000 wrote:
    fringelover wrote:
    I think he's doing a great job. Love James Caan as Dann-O.....too! I think the opening credits remind me of the original Hawaii-5O with Steve on the balcony and the planes and waves and stuff....though I just noticed that this past week.
    Umm...slight correction...It's SCOTT Caan as Danno. James Caan is his dad. But Alex is doing a great job as Steve. Yum1

Opps...sorry, must have been a freaudian slip. I meant Scott...thank you for your correction.

CRaivios

[19]Nov 19, 2010
    I just saw part of the interview on Late Night with David Letterman with Scott Caan. Very funny. This was taped on Monday and he said he was heading back to Hawaii on Wednesday. I still wonder why CBS needed him to promo the show in NYC.

I also caught Alex on Criminal Minds. He was a serial killer named Vincent from 2009 on episode 22 from season four named Big Wheel. Vincent had OCD behaviors that were just downright creepy. Alex was excellent.

SG1andAhalf

[20]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 7
    I don't think anyone ever figured out who the idiot at CBS was but it wasn't the strike....Moonlight was voted the number one new drama and was still cancelled. Now Hawaii Five-0 is the number one new drama. I hope it makes it......Alex and Scott make great team.