Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

CBS announces Michelle Borth will be a regular on Hawaii Five-0 in season 3.

What do you think about Hawaii Five-0 adding Michelle Borth to the main cast?

promdateless

[1]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 2

I don't see where Borth will fit into the cast as a regular. As in any crime drama, the lead actor and actress always slowly build up romantic interest through the series. They work together and secretly have feelings for eachother. They try topush their feelings away but at the end of the series they always end up together.It adds to the show and keeps viewers interested. It's become very cliché in crime dramas, but it always works and personally i love it. I don't see how this will work since Steve and Catherine are already together. The "romantic interest" idea can't work in this case because the 2 have already been together and they can't slowly fall in love throughout the series.There won't be any tension, suspense, or that "Oh my gosh when will they finally kiss?!?!" feeling. Unless the writers have a different role in mind for Borth, I think this move will be a flop.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KatelynSligar

[2]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 4
    It will be interesting to see how they write her in as a regular. Could be like Max where he is not in every episode. I don't think it will change too much as both her and Steve are very professional so they won't do any of that lovey dovey stuff in the office but I think it will be good for Steve's character to develop, to show more of this side of his personality. I just look forward to Steve's megawatt smiles when he's with her

showinuse9

[3]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 11
    never heard of her so i dont know. i just hope she's necessary for the group and her character isn't forced as a great buttkicking just as tough as a man crap and is just natural and fits in

BarryWeen3

[4]May 24, 2012
    • level: 14

showinuse9 wrote:
    never heard of her so i dont know. i just hope she's necessary for the group and her character isn't forced as a great buttkicking just as tough as a man crap and is just natural and fits in

She appeared in several episodes (4 I think)during the 1st season, and returned for 1 episode this season. Her character's name is Catherine and she's a lieutenant in the Navy. She and Steve have been dating for a while now.

threekaysmom

[5]Sep 10, 2012
    • level: 1

unless i'm mistaken she is replacing kono. Again this is why i stopped watching broadcast television. Give me USA. TNT, SciFi channels. They don't kill people off for the sake of ratings. I loved the original Hawii Five-O and loved this until they decided to rewrite because of ratings. As long as there are over 500 channels they will never get back what they had in the 80s.

BarryWeen3

[6]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 14

threekaysmom wrote:

unless i'm mistaken she is replacing kono. Again this is why i stopped watching broadcast television. Give me USA. TNT, SciFi channels. They don't kill people off for the sake of ratings. I loved the original Hawii Five-O and loved this until they decided to rewrite because of ratings. As long as there are over 500 channels they will never get back what they had in the 80s.

She isn't replacing Kono.

CrazyAsian1080

[7]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 7

promdateless wrote:

I don't see where Borth will fit into the cast as a regular. As in any crime drama, the lead actor and actress always slowly build up romantic interest through the series. They work together and secretly have feelings for eachother. They try topush their feelings away but at the end of the series they always end up together.It adds to the show and keeps viewers interested. It's become very clich� in crime dramas, but it always works and personally i love it. I don't see how this will work since Steve and Catherine are already together. The "romantic interest" idea can't work in this case because the 2 have already been together and they can't slowly fall in love throughout the series.There won't be any tension, suspense, or that "Oh my gosh when will they finally kiss?!?!" feeling. Unless the writers have a different role in mind for Borth, I think this move will be a flop.

You realize the flaw with this line of reasoning right? 5-0 isn't driven by UST like Castle, Moonlight, Chuck, ect. It's a buddy cop show like Common Law,Starsky and Hutch, The Good Guys etc.