Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

No GOOD!

mickdiaz

[1]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 5

In the preview it shows Danno has no respect towards Steve, and he actually punches Steve.Surprised From what I saw in the preview it looks like Danno is in charge, not Steve. Total insult to the original H5O. I knew that they were gonna screw it up.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilee1990

[2]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    For crying out loud-are you really that dense?
    This is a typical way to start a new buddy series. They start them off as getting on each other's nerve and then they become best friends. Also, the preview clearly shows that Steve is the one that's been place in charge of this new team.

looks like a great show. Can't wait until it airs.

mickdiaz

[3]Jun 20, 2010

I guess you were born in the 80's or after!

SaphireMoon

[4]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 33
    Please give the show a chance. It hasn't even begun. In interviews about the show, it was said that this is a reboot of the original; apparently to make it fit in better with the 21st Century. In the original, all the characters already knew each other and had been working together for years when the series started. This series starts with them all getting to know each other, and more then likely (as typical buddy shows go) they will not like each other in the beginning.

So far, the trailers look good. As someone who grew up in Hawaii (and was a small kid when the series was filming), we are hopeful that this will turn out to be the first successful series based on Hawaii since Magnum P.I.

ilee1990

[5]Jul 3, 2010
    mickdiaz wrote:

I guess you were born in the 80's or after!

Huh?
    I was born in 1966. Sounds like you are a kid, though :-)

RizNYC

[6]Sep 21, 2010
    Danno needs to have more respect!

lynna12000

[7]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    Danno gave McGarret precisely as much respect as he was shown. McGarret trampled all over a crime scene without any legal right to do so to start with. And then he used his connection with the Governor to take over DANNY'S investigation.

This isn't the original. Danny isn't some young, inexperienced, wet behind the ear rookie. So, his frustration with McGarret is completely understandable.

By the end of the episode the two were beginning to see each other as equals. Which is more than I expected.

sandbur

[8]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 25

I'm one of the faithfuls of the original too, and yet I can see why they chose this route and where it might be going. And I think its a good choice generally. I do agree that if there is some tightening up of these two characters to do...writing-wise...this is the area they need...and a little less cutsey-cutsey reparte.

So far so good for me.

pgsuperfan

[9]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 25

I loved it great worth waiting for

therockstop

[10]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    I thought it was good. I am to young to know anything about the original but I am looking forward to more episodes.

claymore2211

[11]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 9

Jack Lord must be rolling over in his grave!!!

YUK!!! Yell

lynna12000

[12]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 21
    claymore2211 wrote:

Jack Lord must be rolling over in his grave!!!

YUK!!! Yell

I don't agree on that. While not perfect, the premiere certainly was not bad. It certainly kept to the spirit of the original. This is the 21st century. You can't get away with the stereotypes of 40-45 years ago. It just doesn't work.

I watched original broadcasts of the last 2 seasons of the original, and even then while fun, it seemed a bit old-fashioned. Still fun, but dated.

This show is going to be a bit more action oriented than the original. That isn't a bad thing as long as the writers manage to give the actors a decent story to work with.

The first 3-5 episodes of any series are always the roughest. But this show has a headstart on must of the new shows. I'm looking forward to next week.

Mac-Ale

[13]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 60
    sandbur wrote:

I'm one of the faithfuls of the original too, and yet I can see why they chose this route and where it might be going. And I think its a good choice generally. I do agree that if there is some tightening up of these two characters to do...writing-wise...this is the area they need...and a little less cutsey-cutsey reparte.

So far so good for me.

I can see why the characters and stories fit more with what people want in modern dramas. What I don't see is WHY not try to intrigue fans of the older series by having this be a "next generation"? New characters, maybe one hold over like Chin's daughter as head of a crime lab or something. A picture of McGarrett in the lobby. If not, re-using the name is always going to be seen as "bait and switch" to older fans.

thatmonkey

[14]Sep 26, 2010

I have never seen the original show, but this was amazing! The writing was witty, action believable and just the right mix of sexiness. Best buddy cop show since the short lived Fastlane.

Munising1

[15]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 4

I am in agreement with other posters. I loved the old series, however, as usual these days.. everything in the new series is highly over acted and nothing in the way of quality or acting skills as the original

Edited on 10/03/2010 6:13am

bdancer99

[16]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 11

i thought it was good, and i enjoyed the the pilot

ilee1990

[17]Oct 3, 2010
    Munising1 wrote:

I am in agreement with other posters. I loved the old series, however, as usual these days.. everything in the new series is highly over acted and nothing in the way of quality or acting skills as the original

I think you meant the opposite. The old show, as was typical in the those days, was very stylized. Poor acting was the norm. That's why people laugh when they look at the old shows. The lack of acting technique was painful!

This new version is a lot better both in acting and directing. At least now the characters have personality and are not those one dimensional cardboard cutouts.

DreamCruise

[18]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 13

ilee1990 wrote:
    Munising1 wrote:

I think you meant the opposite. The old show, as was typical in the those days, was very stylized. Poor acting was the norm. That's why people laugh when they look at the old shows. The lack of acting technique was painful! This new version is a lot better both in acting and directing. At least now the characters have personality and are not those one dimensional cardboard cutouts.
    I know.....remember "The Mod Squad".....?!

The only reason I'm watching this show is because O'Loughlin's on it. I"ve seen Scott Caan before but it's interesting to watch him act....I don't know if he's purposely immitating his dad or not, but he sure has a lot of the same mannerisms. I do like how his and O"Loughlin's characters personalities clash, there's a bit of chemistry there.

I usually stay away from any show on CBS....they all seem a bit cheesy and over-stylized, but I'll watch this one Cool

AjaBird

[19]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 3

Original series leave a legacy. Nothing will ever compare to a true fan of an original series. But this remake, is not so bad. I remember liking Hawaii Five-O first go around. But it's been years, and those memories have faded so I don't even really recall it anymore. So. I like this remake. It's got action, humor.. it's fun. Don't take it too seriously. Just sit back and relax.

vicbjones

[20]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 12

I have three complaints about the new Hawaii Five-O. So far, none of the episodes have had any revelations or plot twists in the closing 10 minutes that the audience did not know 30 minutes into the show. In other words, I'd like a little more mystery. Also, McGarrett is supposed to be in charge of the unit; Danny could show a little deference to his rank instead of acting as McGarrett's "partner." My third complaint would be the CSI-styleestablishing shots that don't contribute to the story in between scenes, as opposed to the jump cuts in the original series and other shows from the late '60 (e.g. Mission: Impossible). How much time do those shots kill? I'm still enjoying this series a lot more than NCIS: Los Angeles S1.

I definitely hope the unmarked plane and the Czechans' Asian buyers were a foreshadowing of a new Wo-Fat.