Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Hookman 3x15 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please discuss episode Hookman (Feb 4) in this thread. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sleeper1428

[2]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 3

Well, the writers of this series just couldn't contain themselves regarding their disdain for the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution. Good old Danny, the bumbling village idiot both as an actor and a character, had to put his foot in his mouth by voicing the writer's hatred and disregard for the rights of the gun store owner and his customers. To Danny (via the writer's words), only a police officer is capable of owning and properly handling a handgun or any firearm for that matter, and any civilian who exercises his/her right to own firearms is a 'gun nut', Danny's term. And whether the writers like it or not, GUNS DO NOT KILL, PEOPLE KILL!! Just a suggestion to the writers - Danny's character is already so flawed (dumb, dumb and dumber) that it's unlikely that he could be hired guard a small pile of manure - so rather than use him to get their anti-gun sentiments on the air they ought to concentrate their meager talents on upgrading his dialogue so that he actually appears to be an adult who got beyond the 6th grade!! I wonder if Barney Fife is still available ....?? And I wonder why McGarrett didn't slap Danny 'back of the head', Special Agent Gibbs (NCIS) style when he ran off at his mouth about the perfectly legal right of the gun store owner to sell firearms to law abiding citizens? Oh, that's right, the writers wouldn't want to make it appear that the star of the series actually lives up to and supports the oath he took to defend the Constitution of the US and the Amendments to that Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment which, as they ought to recall states that 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed', PERIOD!!! A man with a firearm is a citizen while a man without a firearm is a subject ......

sleeper1428

Dec1964

[3]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 33

I loved this episode & if it was a remake or a follow up story to the

Original Series i cant remember, that was well over 30yrs ago for me.

annapacilio1

[4]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 1

I actually thought the scene outside the gun shop - when McGarrett and Danno were shooting at the sniper - when the gunshop owner asked if they needed any help, they responded, "No," and he ran back inside was so very funny. I couldn't stop laughing. Way to go, E Street drummer!!!!! lol

Just_Jos

[5]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 11

Danno's anti-gun babble aside, it was an awesome episode. Great job from Peter Weller, in both acting and directing.

MajLorne

[6]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 21
    I agree, I could have gone without the Anti gun ranting, with how every episode has a shoot out of some kind, it is hypocritical to give the preaching while glorifying gun violence. So what does it accomplish anyway?

Episode was pretty good and though I never saw the original show, I liked the 'original' text for some reason seeing the title flash before the opening theme made me chuckle. I do gotta say that though the villain was really bad, he had every right to be pissed for losing his hands the way he did. That was brutal in the flashback.

haldrey

[7]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 22
    I watched the original "Hookman" 30 years ago and re-watched it before watching the remake. My verdict, they did a hell of job making the remake and I liked it a lot more. As to the anti gun ranting, it is what is current and the writers opinion and for once I am inclined to agree with them.