Hawaii Five-0 Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Ua Hala 2x23 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]May 12, 2012
    • level: 75
    Please use this thread to discuss Monday's episode Ua Hala (May 14). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 15, 2012
    • level: 14

Wow, another intense finale.

I had a strong feeling who Shelburne was going to turn out to be at the end.

And what's with fracturing the team again like the last season finale?

Lots of returning/recurring characters in this episode.

Gotta wonder if Frank is gonna regret what he did to Kono considering who Kono's current boyfriend is.

16pahz

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 1
    Wow! Now we are going to find out next that McGarrett and Wo Fat are half brothers! Joe probably killed Wo Fat's father because he was having an affair with Steve's mother. Right on. Adam is going to go after Frank. Oh my!

ltcomstella

[4]May 15, 2012
    • level: 18

bullshit detectors remains are still on fire !

after watching house and bones, it's like every writer for these shows are retarded..

i mean how the actuall fuck does jin suddenly turn up at jail to spring a bad cop with a big rap sheet... seriously ??

and the double cross was soo fking obvious it had bells and whistles on it...

as for steve meeting shellburn really ?? again obvious choice.. to see his dad would of been better..

wow just wow.... and shark jumped....

i kno it's a cop show but the plot for this episode was like a ballistic target sheet...

ERfan1083

[5]May 15, 2012
    "Jin" lol. That ending sequence was a bit...contrived. It was kind of thrown at us randomly. There wasn't much lead-up to that, it seemed like they were trying to force us some dramatic cliffhanger. I'm just glad we didn't have to wait until next season just to find out who the heck Shelburne even is.

With his new pilot and his role on Falling Skies I'm wondering if this was probably it for Terry O'Quinn's recurring role. I know I'm probably alone on this but did anyone else notice some LOST connections to O'Quinn in that episode? First the spin-around camera shot of him in the opening sequence, similar to a camera shot LOST used to use quite frequently. Then his line "I couldn't risk anyone knowing I was on the island". I know, they're in Hawaii, but it still seemed like an interesting choice of words for that line. And then in the ambulance when he leaned over and heard the inaudible whispers of (what seemed to be) a dying man, very reminiscent to the Mr. Eko death scene of LOST. Maybe it's just me, but if this is O'Quinn's last episode I can't help wonder if they were trying to pay homage of some sort.

blackmage8472

[6]May 16, 2012
    • level: 15

ltcomstella wrote:

i mean how the actuall fuck does jin suddenly turn up at jail to spring a bad cop with a big rap sheet... seriously ??

as for steve meeting shellburn really ?? again obvious choice.. to see his dad would of been better..

Thank you. I know they originally had the mandate to do whatever they wanted but supposedly the new gov had them reeled in a little. I'd think no one in that unit would have the ability to get a dirty cop murderer out of jail, even under the threat of another cop's death.

My bet is Kono is saved by Adam.

BarryWeen3

[7]May 16, 2012

blackmage8472 wrote:

ltcomstella wrote:

Thank you. I know they originally had the mandate to do whatever they wanted but supposedly the new gov had them reeled in a little. I'd think no one in that unit would have the ability to get a dirty cop murderer out of jail, even under the threat of another cop's death.

My bet is Kono is saved by Adam.

I see that too of Adam saving Kono, considering her last conversation with Adam happened right before her kidnapping and she was expecting him to come over with flowers, wasn't she saying something along those lines in the conversation? He's gotta be looking for her by now.

I'm kinda of wondering if Frank took that into account when he took Kono. Then again, it's not like many people know the two were dating, so this could be a very big mistake on Frank's part and will be part of the solution of getting Kono back.

I'm really hoping that the end resolution of what happens to Frank does somehow involve Adam as it's not really a good idea to kidnap the girlfriend of someone with Yakazu connections.

ltcomstella

[8]May 16, 2012
    • level: 18

yeah and if chin's(no wonder i got it wrongsounds similar to jin)wife dies then he'll want payback bit of vengance would be nice... oh wait steve did that already....

Edited on 05/16/2012 3:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Just_Jos

[9]May 16, 2012
    • level: 11

GREAT episode. Can't wait for season 3. Taylor Cole was SO BAD in this episode.

showinuse9

[10]May 18, 2012
    • level: 11
    yeah "jin" getting him out of jail seems weird cause i also remember the governer told them no more immunity and means. he must of called in some favors.

And the whole choose thing reminded me of the Dark knight when batman had to choose. I wonder if kono is gonna be mad
    im just hoping that grace park isn't leaving the show.

lexlou74

[11]May 20, 2012
    • level: 3

wow, i have to admit i was half expecting to see Steve's dad not his mother in the door way.

as for frank, bad move. i don't think he truly understand the trouble he is now in, my guess when they (series)

comes back in Sept the first order of business will be payback and we all should know by now that no one dose

payback better than a piss off cop who's family has been threaten specially when they havea navy seal

as backup, after all Wo-fat out of the picture the guys have got to have a new bad guy to chase

cowboy2831

[12]May 20, 2012
    • level: 16

I wasn't really blown away by this episode. I agree with others that the whole getting Delano out of jail seemed kind of dis-jointed. Funny thought mentioned earlier about McGarret and Wo Fat being half brothers.

BarryWeen3

[13]May 20, 2012

lexlou74 wrote:

wow, i have to admit i was half expecting to see Steve's dad not his mother in the door way.

as for frank, bad move. i don't think he truly understand the trouble he is now in, my guess when they (series)

comes back in Sept the first order of business will be payback and we all should know by now that no one dose

payback better than a piss off cop who's family has been threaten specially when they havea navy seal

as backup, after all Wo-fat out of the picture the guys have got to have a new bad guy to chase

You forgot to mention anothe factor as to why Frank is in trouble with what he did. You speak of the other members of the task force, but also important to note is that by threatening Kono, Frank will piss off Kono's current boyfriend, Adam Noshimuri. Not a good idea to get police and the Yakazu mad at you.

lexlou74

[14]May 27, 2012
    • level: 3

i don't think its Wo fat that turns out to be related to Steve i think it may be Adam.

remember it was Hiro's brother that planted the bomb in the car that should have

kill his mother, Wo fat wasn't around then, unless it was Wo fat's father who order

the brother to do it which would give Joe a reason to kill him

i wander if we will actually see Steve mother inthe next season, i want to know

who she is