Hawaii Five-0

Kahu

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 17, 2012 on CBS

7.4
  • McGarrett and Catherine cross paths with a young boy who's father has gone missing.

There have been better episodes of this series. That does not mean that "Kahu" was a bad episode however. It is very mediocre, I agree with Watchdog 100%. I did not like the character of Ethan at all. The character was loaded with cliche and contrivances. Also, the actor who played Ethan, Tristan Lake Leabu, was pretty bad. He needs to find a new job. The cameo by George Takei was a highlight but also seemed contrived and totally unnecessary. Also, what exactly is the reason the the whole story of Kamekona buying a helicopter was included here? It seemed to me like the writers needed to fill up some time and threw that in. Considering the fact that he can't fly the thing and is nowhere near getting a license, won't that helicopter just bankrupt him? One positive thing to say about this episode is Michelle Borth. She had a chance to shine here and she did with a terrific climax in her fight with the villain (Though I am interested in knowing why she was not armed at the . Nobody is perfect. The same can be said for "Kahu".