Hawaii Five-0

Kame'e

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 03, 2011 on CBS

6.8
  • broad jump of faith my a**, the end of this episode required a solid belief in miracles

The episode didn't start out so bad, it was actually quite fun - the normal Five-0 kind of fun where you turn your brain off for an our and let TV happen. Kono got an interesting side-story with those dirty cops, but my initial thought of her somehow working undercover still stands until proven otherwise by the writers.

So why did I give it this bad rating? Not because the episode was terrible. It was a solid example of what Five-0 is about: a procedural with lots of action and tiny bits of character development (who didn't like Danny being mad because the first victims marriage failed?), but now for the unbelievable part: Where the hell did McGarret come fromin the middle of the sky to save the third navy seal????????????? I mean - seriously? Did he just teleport himself up there next to the guy so he could save him in the most ridiculous way ever seen on television? If anyone ever jumped an actual shark in the show, I'd say that would be normal compared to what the writers want us to believe these days.

Anyway, without that crappy scene I'd say this episode would deserve solid 8.5 points. But the "2" are simply my way of protesting against how shallow-brained the writers think we - the audence - are.

• Jumping the shark

I had such high hopes for this series, but let it be known that in Season 2 Episode 2 the series may be the first in history to "jump the shark." Why in the world are they trying to turn McGarrett into Superman? So McGarrett can fly now? It's time to give this show a traditional Hawaiian funeral.

RIP