Hawaii Five-0

Kekoa

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 11, 2013 on CBS

• Great to see Summer Glau as a guest star

Good storyline, great to see Summer Glau as a guest star. The storyline with Steve's mom was amusing but predictable.
  • Five-0 investigates the murder of a local businessman. Elsewhere McGarrett hires a private investigator to follow his mother.

There is a lot to like about "Kekoa". The episode has a great opening sequence. I certainly had no idea where it would lead which added to its enjoyment. The episode's main storyline is terrific as well. Summer Glau is in my opinion one of the most underrated actresses in television today. I have been a fan of hers ever since I saw her her in an episode of "Cold Case" titled "Love Conquers Al". She is consistently good in everything she appears in. However the reason why I have given this episode only an average rating is because I could not stand the secondary story in which McGarrett hires the private investigator. It screamed contrivance. Could it have been more obvious that Doris McGarrett would figure the whole thing out? The scene where Steve tells Danny that there is absolutely no way his mother would figure things out just made the storyline all the more unnecessary. Though I will admit I thought it was clever to have them hook up at the end. "Kekoa" is a very good episode. I recommend it. Well, I recommend half of it.
  • Clever storyline

What I like about this epi is how regular it started out and then as it progressed it had an interesting storyline. Some viewers might be irritated by Doris' presence in the series but I think it gives us insight into Steve's family history. You never know it may be a build up to hopefully a breath taking season finale. Because there is still a lot of mystery surrounding Doris' reappearance.

• Hawaii 5-0.

Another great episode, especially at the beginning