Hawaii Five-0

Lanakila

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 11, 2010 on CBS

• Which one of these things wins? Inaccuracies or imagination?

I guess most shows require some level of suspension of disbelief. This episode started, for me, with the shooting of the guard at the beginning. Would the cops and guards who were aiming at the culprit coming out the door not have had rifle scopes? And could they not identify that, if not one of their own, that this guys was NOT the well known criminal they assumed would walk out the door?

However, it was a fun romp, which despite its claims, at least as far as I could tell, did not get anywhere near Molokai! But McGarrett of new was McGarrett of old in that there is nothing this man can not do: from confiscating a spy satellite to flying a helicopter. Not bad for a Navy Intel man!

The introduction of McGarrett's sister was interesting. In the original, McGarrett's sister was a very proper family woman, who had lost a child to a quack doctor. I can't decide if this iteration of the sister is supposed to be some strung-out, 'poor-me' loser with a history of petty crime but a heart and soul of gold that we are to about to see saved, or if she's just been alienated from her family and finally felt the need to come home; especially now that big brother seems to be settling in one place...more or less.

Lots of possibilities, including, I hope, some substance for Kono! Please! You are wasting this actress!
TNT