Hawaii Five-0

Mohai

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 05, 2012 on CBS

• McGarrett's romantic Halloween with Catherine is interrupted by the news of a gruesome murder. Five-0 springs into action.

One of the comments I frequently had with this series in the past is that I saw a lot of cliches and tired plot devices. A big example is the constant bickering between McGarrett and Dan-O. However as time passed that problem seemed to disappear or appear less frequently. Unfortunately it reared its ugly head here with McGarrett and Lieutenant Rollins' perfect romantic evening being interrupted. That aisde I found this episode to be quite entertaining. It could very well be the best episode of the third season up to this point. Three cheers for Max and his Ted costume. How great was that (or should I say "Excellent!".). I did not care all that much for the psycho killer's grandmother. I thought the character was more of an unnecessary add on. However the main villain was something else. He had me shaking in my boots. One of the better episodes of the season. I hope there are more to come that are just as good.
  • Halloween night!

Loved this episode! Finally after 3 weeks we get the Halloween episode. It had everything from the crazy criminal of the week to bromance between Danno and Steve plus some interrupted romance between Cat and Steve.

Funniest moment for me was a tie between seeing Kamekona dress up in camo asking for smoke grenades to make it look authentic and Steve and Danno getting all comfy on the couch getting ready to watch the Notebook.

One thing that didn't sit right with this ep was Danno's rants. For some reason they felt a bit forced but I still loved the episode.
TNT