Hawaii Five-0

Ohuna

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 19, 2012 on CBS

• Just a Little Realism -- Please!

We all have to suspend disbelief at various intervals to enjoy an action series or movie. But writers should only push this so far. We already have to believe that every main character in this show, as part of their day job, has almost been killed at least twice, kidnapped or a had family member kidnapped, and have shot and killed multiple individuals.

But in this episode, they have two people fall about 4 feet down out of a moving truck (looked like it was going about 35-40 mph) landing on an asphalt highway. Were an event similar to this to occur in real life, both individuals would most likely be dead. At a minimum they would both be unconscious and critically injured. But in the writer's world, they both come up swinging and kicking, neither showing any ill effects whatsoever from the fall. And to finish the fantasy, 98 lb of Kono takes out the experienced ex-special forces commander as if he were some skinny (skinnier than her -- if that's possible) 10 year old kid.

Not to mention shooting from a moving car at a moving truck while a friendly was inside the truck (behind the intended targets -- who of course could not shoot strait themselves).

I know this show is not alone in this ridiculousness. But I really don't think absolute absurdity is required to have an action packed drama. Reality should be given some consideration if you want the show to be a considered a drama.