Hawaii Five-0

Pukana

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 20, 2013 on CBS

7.8
  • Five-0's investigation into the murder of a local burglar turns into something nobody could have imagined.

Is this an episode of "Hawaii Five-0" or "Criminal Minds"? While I did enjoy the episode and it kept me hooked all the way through, I did have problems with it. First, as I mentioned at the beginning, it rips off the terrific series "Criminal Minds". The scenes of Chin being held captive look like they were copied right out of a "Criminal Minds" script. Also, the character of the serial killer is such an old boring clich that it just doesn't work anymore. The psycho who seems to have the upper hand and be one step ahead of . Though I will admit the final confrontation between Chin and the killer was very well done. Also I do not like the fact that the viewer never sees the contents of the safe. From what the FBI agent said, the killer always cuts off one of his victim's fingers to keep as a souvenir. While it's safe to assume the safe was filled with severed fingers, that is never confirmed and I feel it should have been. Since CBS used that scene in the trailer to get people to tune in and then leave the question unanswered, there is no reason why that is the case. "Pakuna" is a good episode, but it is undermined by many flaws.