Hawaii Five-0

Friday 9:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 20, 2010 In Season

Hawaii Five-0 Fan Reviews (127)

• Writers brains must be fried

The latest episode , 6-1 , had at least 10 seconds that was good, everything else about it sucked! I was a big fan of the original series and came to this one hoping it would be as good but with the exception of scattered excellent episodes the series has been is miss cast, I love Danno , Jerry and Chin and the original cast but the rest leave alot to be desired. Almost always the plots are predictable. If the beginning starts out happy you know disaster is soon to follow. McGarret is so trigger happy he would rather shoot the bad guy he needs information from than capture him. There's no smart detective work by him or anyone else and Mcgarret is a bull in a china shop. Every episode there has to be at least a hand full of wild crazy gun fire fights with bodies splayed with blood splattered all over the place. It's like watching Transformers constantly smashing each other, enough is enough. There's always this gruesome morgue scene with a body cut up with stitches running all over the place. They get a finger print off a cup and within seconds their fancy computer knows who the bad guy is and within seconds ( completely absurd) they are breaking down the fellows door where McGarret shoots him before they can ask him anything. The soap opera love triangles are boring, as someone on here said, watch a soap opera if you want that. A constant parade of new women cops makes one bilious. Half the time the plot line makes no sense at all, why did he do that, couldn't he tell that, what the heck? The writers have all overdosed on stupidity. I used to make fun of shows like Highway Patrol but now I actually find they are so much better than the slop of 50 and other similar I watch these shows all I find myself doing is ripping it apart instead of enjoying them. I've watched it hoping it would get better now for 5 seasons and now I wish it would just go away to prevent further insult to the shows name!!
  • Hawaii Five-0

"Hawaii Five-0" Season 6 Episode 3 airing Friday, Oct. 9, 2015 features some highly anticipated moments. Fans finally learn the fate of Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) and Catherine Rollins' (Michelle Borth) relationship. The upcoming segment is titled "Ua 'o'oloku ke anu i na mauna" that translates to "The Chilling Storm is on the Mountains" sees a much-awaited proposal while the team takes on a case of a murder mystery that is linked to another cold-blooded murder. Check out the spoilers and promos for the forthcoming segment below. Also, find out where to watch Episode 3 online through live stream.

• Love/Hate Relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love Steve, Danny, Chin, Kono and am enjoying Grover, and Jerry but I'm so damn SICK of the writers taking away from this COP show by inserting all the damn romance. Send Catherine back overseas - she was a much better character when she would pop in once in a while and then GO AWAY. Stop making Kono's ENTIRE damn story arc about her relationship with Adam - is she even a bloody COP anymore!!?!?!?!? The only reason that I still watch this show is Alex, Scott, Daniel and Grace - but we see so damn little of them now that the show spends SO freaking much time focusing on the other characters - Grover, Jerry, Catherine, Adam... COME ON!
  • Catherine

Please send Catherine (Michele Borth) back over seas. Kono and the boys (including Jerry) are all I need.
  • Too much music

I like the show but I can't hear the dialogue over the constantly playing music.
  • I WANT Michelle Borth Back!

I'm tired of the Wlliams character being so neurotic. Can't they let him grow up even a little??? I like Borth';s character, but if she doesn't come back then there needs to be some love interest for McGarrett. I love the police stories but we are far enough in to the series that the characters need to be more than just two-dimensional.
  • Soap Opera?

If Catherine (Michelle Borth) is back ..... I'm gone!! Can't stand that prima donna. Season 5 was great with just the guys and Kono. Can we stick to police stories and not get so involved in the characters love/private lives. If that's what you want to see, then watch the soaps.
  • The Writing

Such contrite car dialog.

The acting seems forced in a certain unemotional way, esp. with Steve's character lines.

I recently noticed it in other actors, as well.

But I enjoy the show. It's unique in its dead-body-findings...

Jerry was awesome at the beginning. I want to know a person like that, lol. I love how they still realize he's a conspiracy nut but see some truth in it too. I feel misunderstood like that too sometimes.

Season 5 was awesome!!!
  • Hawaii Five O

Best show and we love of the characters. We would like to see more of Danno and STeve together, but all the characters play great roles including Jerry and the Shrimp guy. The funny parts make the drama parts great. Look forward to seeing this show for many years.
  • Fantastic Series!

Reads like a movie, especially the aerial shots. It captures the real natural beauty of the islands. The topicality, humor, interplay of Steve and Danno, with their very different backgrounds and personalities, make it special. All the characters really contribute. The only series I follow! Hope it continues as long as the original.
  • Loud Music

Why must the music be soooo loud and drown out what the actors are saying. All the TV shows are like this. Very annoying!!!!
  • Get rid of Jerry

Jerry is really annoying. All he does is take screen time away from the other actors. Adding the character for comic relief has not helped the show.
  • It represents everything

Americans love in fiction and hate in reality--violates constitutional rights. Yet none of the characters sit on the floor like NCIS' Bishop.
  • One of my most favourite shows!

Delightful to watch - keep it coming!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP ME FIND OUT THE NAME OF THE SONG AND WHO SINGS IT ON THE NEWEST HAWAI'I FIVE 0 EPISODE SEASON 5 EPISODE 19 THAT AIRED March 13th, 2015 CALLED KAHANIA (CLOSE SHAVE) I have been gone from Big Island now for 8 months since the lava is taking out Puna (Pahoa) and my husbands work place. I am SO SO SO HOMESICK. I heard this song and I just HAVE to find out how to get it. SOMEONE PLEAE HELP ME. MANY MAHALO'S ANTOINETTE YOU CAN WRITE ME AT islandantoinette at yahoo
  • sucks when they play music when the actors are talking

Just when the actors are going to say something profound the music gets louder and can't hear anything. Thanks for closed captioning
  • In my top 3 out of my favorite 5.

Is it perfect? No. Do I love it? Yes. I hope it remains on the air for many years.
  • Great Show

My favorite TV show is Hawaii Five-O. Glad they got rid of Catherine since she added nothing to the show. Adding Grover is certainly a tough-guy humor plus. They should eliminate Jerry who is nothing but annoying and makes me want to turn the channel while he is on screen. The original cast is surely the best with the addition of Grover. If it "ain't broke don't fix it" applies here!
  • Pros and Cons

I love this show. I never got into the original, but I'm assuming it's awesome. My problem is with the newer characters. Catherine adds to the cast, but I think that Grover interrupts the central Danny-Steve bromance, which is the heart of the show, and Jerry is a slapstick addition. He is given a very big role, but doesn't have the character depth to pull it off. This is just my opinion, but I preferred the dynamic of the earlier seasons...
  • howzit haole

I cant wait till it comes on this is much better than the original, not that the original was poor!! but here we have laughter, lumps in your throat and Respect, something that is missing from tv and BRITAINS youth nowadays
  • Aloha!

I have been a fan of the new H5-0 since the first episode. The writers are bright and very imaginative. This last episode was brilliant. Very classic. <3 the show.
  • The best thing that can be said about this remake

It's CRAPTACULAR at best, and needs to be put out it's misery. This is what you get when you try and tinker with an original.
  • Please bring back Michelle

I love the show, especially with Steve and Catherine's love story, they are so perfect together, you can feel the love is real. So please bring her back..
  • Where is Catherine?

I love the show, but when is Catherine coming back? Tonight's episode makes u think Steve maybe starting something with the BRING BACK CATHERINE!!!!!!!
  • Huge wave of nostalgia

I watched the original show with my father when I was a child. So when I heard they were re-booting the show, I hoped it would have all the elements that I loved forty odd years ago. There's been some criticism that it's not a faithful copy of the original, to be honest, that is what makes it good. It's a re-imagined series, not a copy. In Alex and Scott they have the dream team, two actors whose on-screen chemistry sizzles in every scene. The mystique of the Steve and Danny Bromance is one of the best bits of the show, which has wit and charm not just action and adventure. A more than fitting tribute to what went before.
  • Love Five-0 and the cast

Can't wait for the fall and a new show, it's the only series I ever long wait between seasons. I like that it rolls along from case to case. Some of Scott's scathing humour seems to be at awkward times, I'm sure a Navy Seal wouldn't be listening to it at critical moments. Was there in December & wish I was able to get to the filming for the Pearl Hbr taping but could not my biggest loss while there :( my dad had been there & left Dec 6, 1941, so there's a connection with me.
  • Love the characters

First of all I have to admit that I am only watching because of Alex O'Loughlin . Steve McGarrett). He is just soo cute and handsome and attractive and... But I also love the Dialogue between Steve and Danno and I also like the family vibe, that the whole five-0 team has. Some episodes are better then others. I rather prefer those episodes that include more private scenes about the characters and certainly wish that we will see more of especially Steve's private life eventhough or maybe because Michelle Borth is leaving (aka the girlfriend).
  • In love

I find the show very entertaining i love the dynamics of all the character but wish there was more... of kat and steve relationship i love them together there use to be more but not lately
  • Dressing a pig - Hawaiian Style?

Dress the violence up all you want in the splendor and paradise of the islands, we the "island people" are enraged at the message of brutal violence that permeates this program. Shame on you!
  • And where is...