Hawaii Five-O

CBS (ended 1980)

123home123

Hawaii Five-O Fan Reviews (22)

• Steve McGarrett is the head of Hawaii 5-O, the top police force in the islands. (There, the obvious header known by all is out of the way)

I was never a big cop show viewer, but Hawaii 5-O peaked my interest as a small child. Sure, mom and dad watched other shows on TV but there was something about this one that set it apart. The fierce, tough, gritty performance by Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett, who was larger than life. His loyal sidekicks who injected diversity and charm to the group. The unique and twisted villains, and the writing and dialogue that were mostly top notch. The recognizable guest stars from other shows. The beautiful Hawaiian scenery - which I called home for 30+ years. There goes McGarrett driving past Ala Moana, I was just there the other week! Familiarity and sentimentality for the beautiful island of Oahu led me to purchase the 1st and 2nd dvds of this spectacular series. I feel like I'm back in time watching this classic TV show again in my neighborhood up in Pacific Palisades. Only I don't have to ask mom and dad if I could stay up and watch it this round.