Hawkeye Forums

(ended 1995)

Am I the only fan?

jstnxprsn

[1]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 5

I can't believe when I came to this forum, there wasn't a single thread about this show. This show was excellent, and it was too bad for whatever reasons, it didn't get a chance to find an audience. It was particularly great regarding how it presented the early frontier and the Native Americans who inhabited it. It was sort of a lower budget Dances With Wolves.

I miss it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

canbro28

[2]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    You are not the only fan! I was fortunate enough to stumble across this series when it aired over 10 years ago. I enjoyed every episode I was able to watch. I am very sorry that it isn't able in DVD. I would love to have the entire series (one season).

21Lee

[3]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well, I also liked the show. I felt certain it would come back for a 2nd season, but for whatever reason, it didn't. For a weekly series, I thought it was well done. It was filmed mostly on location, and Lee Horsley and Lynda Carter seemed to be a nice fit. If the series is ever put on DVD I'll definitely get it!

peppermint1977

[4]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    Your not the only fan. I love this series eversince I was a young girl. I think Lee Horsely is wonderful and Lynda is so beautiful. I love the humor and the scenes were amazing. The stories were well written and the cast was superb! Im glad Ive got my DVDs.

heartsong72

[5]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 1

I recently rediscovered this wonderful series and am sad it didn't last longer. I wonder, does anybody out there know of any fan sites for this great show. Specifically I'm looking for Hawkeye Fan Fiction.

Thanks,

Jennifer