Hawthorne Forums

TNT (ended 2011)

Ep 3 DiscussioN!

jazy0221

[1]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 7
    discuss!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 22
    The third episode was quite good, although I find Hawthorne to be the classic summer show. A light comedy or drama, there just to fill the time until the next season begins. Nevertheless this is one of the best this summer. Entertaining and light, mostly predicable. The two main storyline were good, I liked best the one about the difficulties of a son to say the last goodbye to the dying mom. Hawthorne kid, that I could without.

nynaevelan

[3]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 8

While I have never been a big Jada fan, I was willing to give this show a shot. And like you I am finding it very disappointing. You can see the show has potential but it is getting worse and worse with each show. But the one thing that annoys me the most is the male nurse and the beautiful nurse, I mean come on!!! She changes into the sexy short outfit while at work and NO ONE has a problem with it, and let's not forget the male nurse ignoring his patient so he can chase her around. I am willing to give it one more episode, but if this week's epi doesn't improve I am done with it.

Nyn

Love4Ds

[4]Jul 8, 2009
    • level: 2
    It has potential. The writers can tighten up the story line a bit. I get the concept though in making those in the medical field have some accountability to their patients. So many times hospital administrators and doctors treat patients as numbers. Jada's part in the show is to get them to see things from the patients perspective, from a humanistic approach. I wish they could've created a positive way for her to interact with her daughter on the show, rather than always have them at each other's throat about nonsense stuff really. It perpetuates a stereotypical myth how the single mother gets so wrapped up in her work and others, yet lacks the knowledge, understanding and compassion to care for her own in an appropriate way. I like the show and will keep watching it though.

pgsuperfan

[5]Jul 8, 2009
    • level: 25
    I have watched every week, love this show

pgsuperfan

[6]Jul 15, 2009
    and still watching have not missed one yet

pgsuperfan

[7]Jul 14, 2010

still watching