Hawthorne Forums

TNT (ended 2011)

Episode 1X9: Mother's Day (Possible Spoilers)

buffyangel4evr_

[1]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 20

Let's discuss the August 11 episode here.

Episode 1X9: Mother's Day. Fron TVGuide-"Budget battles pit Christina against Morrisssey, who demands Christina lay off six nurses by day's end. One staffer who could take a hit is Kelly, who land in hot water after refuting a doctor's treatment. Ultimately, attention turns to a terrible tragedy in the ER."

Enjoy!

Edited on 08/13/2009 6:41am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    A super great episode,100% drama. The episode encompassed two very current themes, cost cutting due the current recession and doctors that because they are overworked or they do not care do not dig deep enough before prescribing treatment.

The third storyline involving the death of an infant left in a car is too dramatic to use in TV show meant for entertainment.

buffyangel4evr_

[3]Aug 13, 2009

This was one the best episodes of the series. I enjoyed all the plots even though the infant's death was very hard to take. I was wondering throughout the whole episode if that woman was the mother of the baby that would eventually be found in the car. It was very sad, but understandable, that she would be investigated by the polce. How horrible. I can't imagine how it would feel, but being in that situation I can understand her focus being on her own mother and saving her life. Extremely gut wrenching.

Now that it HawthoRNe has been renewed for a second season, I certainly hope that Kelly stops the crybaby stuff and toughens up. He whiney personality is starting to get on my nerves. I also hope that Candy gets a real purpose. I feel that her character is kind of insulting to nursing in general. She's not much more than a Barbie doll, around to provide something nice to look at. She has the potential to be a good character.

Whoa, what is up with Ray and Dr Marshall. I was in cheer mode when he went to tell off that quack and they start locking lips. WTF?!? I do have to say bravo to Anne Ramsay for creating such a deplorable and unlikeable character. I truely despise Dr Marshall and think she's a complete quack. They should have fired her instead of that nice older doctor. But alas, we must have drama. It looks like this will be quite an interesting turn of events.

The writers certainly chose a pertanant story as the running theme for the debut season, budget cuts affecting health care. I know this well being that in my neighborhood we have had several hospitals shut down. James Morrison has done a fabulous job in his guest appearances. He has a terrible job to do. He comes off as an uncaring jerk at first but when you look deeper into his motives you can see that he really does have the best intentions and has the task of doing the dirty work. He doesn't want to see the hodpital shut down but has to beat his budget.

Who else out there cant's stand Christina's daughter Camille? As a mother, I feel Camille is an ungrateful, inconsiderate, selfish and immature little brat. She really needs to smarten up and realize she is the child and Christina is the mother. She had a lot of nerve demanding that she be allowed to take that trip and saying she can be trusted when we all know she can't.

So, in all, this was a powerful, dramatic episode and I cannot wait for the season finale next week and until next summer for a second season.

Edited on 08/13/2009 6:42am

kopeckee

[4]Aug 15, 2009
    Best episode i have seen so far!!!!!