Hawthorne

Mother's Day

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Aug 11, 2009 on TNT

• Christina fights with Morrissey, who wants to fire 6 nurses by the end of the day. Meanwhile a woman takes to the ER her mother in bad conditions, but forgets about her daughter in the car, at more than 90°F.

This episode showed me something I'd never seen before in a medical serial.
    Hawthorne's not only the drama of a widow chief-nurse: it talks about death and life in a way we'd never seen before. The death of the little baby brings sadness in the whole ER: the nurses are completely shocked, Tom can't even declare the time of death, Kelly thinks she can't be a nurse anymore.
    In this hot and tragic day, Christina has to deal with her own job: she should find someone to fire, but she's not enough tough; Camille wants to go away with some friends, but Christina doesn't want her to.
    By the end of the day she realizes that her life is so difficult and she feels alone.
    Tough day for Tom too: he must say to an old doctor, who's been like a mentor to him, that he must leave the hospital by the end of the day.

I loved this episode because I really saw something new. The nurses feelings are so true, I think this episode taught everybody a true and unfair lesson: life comes to an end, and doctors can't always save people.