Hawthorne

TNT (ended 2011)

laurameyer

Hawthorne Fan Reviews (31)

• The series opens with insomniac Christine Hawthorne talking to her husbands ashes. It sets the tone for the show: single Mom, caring nurse and consummate professional who truly cares about her patients and the people milling about the hospital.

Nurse Hawthorne premiere episode gets off to a strong start with star Jada Pinkett Smith in the title role. The series opens with insomniac Christine Hawthorne talking to her husbands ashes. It sets the tone for the show: single Mom, a caring nurse and consummate professional who truly cares about her patients and the people milling about the hospital. The supporting cast is just as interesting with familiar faces at almost every turn. Jada chomps down with her acting chomps and makes this show compelling and interesting to watch. My only criticism of the show is it's a little heavy with the music bed. Lighten up. We don't need to have a beat going to tell us when a scene is heavy, light or so on. It's a little much. It's annoying in movies, on Law & Order and here. Other than that the multiple story lines were interesting to watch and the battle of the nurse vs. the doctor is on. I'm hoping future episodes meet the strength of this first episode. Kill the music bed and keep up the surprises and stay away from the predictable and this show might end up being as good as Saving Grace. TNT is certainly starting to carve it's niche in the drama category.