TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

What?

Stitch888486

[1]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 14
    I thought I posted here months ago. Anyway, I'd like to say Eyyo (my own special way of saying Hello) and welcome to all who loved this show. I don't know why Cartoon Network dropped this show, and quite frankly I wanna see it back again one day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[2]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    Why did they drop it? I thought it was amazing, beautifully animated. The only thing I didnt like about it was they reused alot of the same voice actors, and you could tell.

rewqis

[3]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yeah it was a great show, I especially liked the fighting for some reason. I wonder if its on DVD.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[4]Jul 26, 2006
    The fighting was beautifully done.

legato11

[5]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 11
    It was a great show I still watch it.

GaRYtheWHiTe

[6]Oct 7, 2006
    Anyone Interested in this series on dvd pm me, Ill put you in contact with the guy I got mine from.

WinterHood

[7]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yeah, this was a great update of He-Man. Even better than the original actually.

gunswordfist

[8]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yeah, I loved this show!!! I aniamtion was ahead of it's tiem and the action was MINDBLOWING!!!!!!!! Everytime He-Man smashes down to the ground is something amazzing. WWWSSSHHHBBBOOMMMM!!!!

RHam_01

[9]Mar 1, 2007
    It was definately a good show. They most probably axed it because of the TRP ratings.

fru1fan

[10]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    Any news on LEAGAL DVDs?

Gately

[11]May 31, 2007
    • level: 9

The show was axed due to creative differences between MYP (Mike Young Productions), who made the cartoon, and Mattel, who made the toys. Apparently, MYP had dared to focus series 3 on some characters that Mattel had no intention of including in the toy range. To be specific, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout, Faker and Scare Glo.  Ironically, Four Horsemen have since created licenced models (models, not action figures!) based on leaked character designs for Snout Spout and Clamp Champ!

The third series was going to be awesome! Evil Lyn was going to follow through on her promise to release Hordak and The Horde. Meanwhile, Skeletor was going to create and use Faker (along with Scare Glo's Light of Fright) to tarnish He-Man's reputation in the eyes of the Eternian people and the other Masters. Just to add some spice to the mix, the remaining Snake Men were going to resurrect King Hiss, who would succeed in changing Duncan (Man-At-Arms) into a Snake Man permanently (well, for the majority of the series, anyway!), removing the final voice of reason within the Masters' ranks, who expel He-Man.

With the Masters weakened like this, Skeletor siezes his opportunity to take over the palace and capture Randor and Marlena. The Masters realise their mistake and become fugitives on the run. A four-way, all-out war between Skeletor's Evil Warriors at Eternia Palace, He-Man, reunited with the rest of the Masters at Grayskull, the Snake Men from Snake Mountain and The Horde striking from the Fright Zone. Hordak and Skeletor initially join forces to defeat the Snake Men. Skeletor, of course, betrays Hordak at the last moment, ensuring (once again) that King Hiss' destruction is not complete. Hordak survives the betrayal, but vows to take his revenge not only on Skeletor, but on the whole of Eternia.

Hordak's plan carries him all the way to Eternia Palace, and He-Man with the Masters  join forces with Skeletor to send The Horde either back to Despondos, or, more popularly speculated among the fans, to Etheria.

Apparently Teela was to have found out her heritage as the daughter and heir of The Sorceress in this series, and a certain young woman by the name of Adora was to be introduced "when the time was right..."

Dammit! The Horde was always my favourite set of villains in the Masters of the Universe continuity, and to have seen how amazingly well they were portrayed in the season 2 episode "The Power of Grayskull" I was very disappointed to hear that due to in-fighting between Mattel and MYP we were never going to see them fully in action!

GaRYtheWHiTe

[12]Jul 4, 2007
    Gately wrote:

The show was axed due to creative differences between MYP (Mike Young Productions), who made the cartoon, and Mattel, who made the toys. Apparently, MYP had dared to focus series 3 on some characters that Mattel had no intention of including in the toy range. To be specific, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout, Faker and Scare Glo. Ironically, Four Horsemen have since created licenced models (models, not action figures!) based on leaked character designs for Snout Spout and Clamp Champ!

The third series was going to be awesome! Evil Lyn was going to follow through on her promise to release Hordak and The Horde. Meanwhile, Skeletor was going to create and use Faker (along with Scare Glo's Light of Fright) to tarnish He-Man's reputation in the eyes of the Eternian people and the other Masters. Just to add some spice to the mix, the remaining Snake Men were going to resurrect King Hiss, who would succeed in changing Duncan (Man-At-Arms) into a Snake Man permanently (well, for the majority of the series, anyway!), removing the final voice of reason within the Masters' ranks, who expel He-Man.

With the Masters weakened like this, Skeletor siezes his opportunity to take over the palace and capture Randor and Marlena. The Masters realise their mistake and become fugitives on the run. A four-way, all-out war between Skeletor's Evil Warriors at Eternia Palace, He-Man, reunited with the rest of the Masters at Grayskull, the Snake Men from Snake Mountain and The Horde striking from the Fright Zone. Hordak and Skeletor initially join forces to defeat the Snake Men. Skeletor, of course, betrays Hordak at the last moment, ensuring (once again) that King Hiss' destruction is not complete. Hordak survives the betrayal, but vows to take his revenge not only on Skeletor, but on the whole of Eternia.

Hordak's plan carries him all the way to Eternia Palace, and He-Man with the Masters join forces with Skeletor to send The Horde either back to Despondos, or, more popularly speculated among the fans, to Etheria.

Apparently Teela was to have found out her heritage as the daughter and heir of The Sorceress in this series, and a certain young woman by the name of Adora was to be introduced "when the time was right..."

Dammit! The Horde was always my favourite set of villains in the Masters of the Universe continuity, and to have seen how amazingly well they were portrayed in the season 2 episode "The Power of Grayskull" I was very disappointed to hear that due to in-fighting between Mattel and MYP we were never going to see them fully in action!

Where did u get this info from? Any plans to start the series again?

Gately

[13]Jul 8, 2007
    Mostly from Wiki and heman.org, but the information is out there if you're willing to look about. As I think I mentioned, series 3 was all-but written, animation may have even begun, but Mattel were so adamant that certain characters should not have been used that as far as they were concerned, there will be no series 3. Which is a shame, because it's Mattel's brand to dish out the licensing as they see fit. If they say "no", then "no" it is!
    Edited on 07/08/2007 9:46am

GaRYtheWHiTe

[14]Sep 23, 2007
    Gately wrote:
    Mostly from Wiki and heman.org, but the information is out there if you're willing to look about. As I think I mentioned, series 3 was all-but written, animation may have even begun, but Mattel were so adamant that certain characters should not have been used that as far as they were concerned, there will be no series 3. Which is a shame, because it's Mattel's brand to dish out the licensing as they see fit. If they say "no", then "no" it is!

Who was teelas father? Was it man at arms?

Gately

[15]Oct 1, 2007
    It was never revealed either way in both the original series, or the 2k2 version. You can point to particular episodes to support either theory, although I personally think that there is far more evidence in the new series to suggest that Teela is, in fact, Duncan's biological daughter (see the series 2 episode 'Out of the Past').

Rattrap007

[16]Jan 1, 2008
    in the original she looked like she could have been his sister..

Also Mattel is responsible for killing the toy line as well. If they didn't pack the boxes with endless He-man/skeletor repaints and new armors and instead released more new original characters the line would have done better. I still remember seeing the aisles clogged with tons of he-man remolds while you couldn't find any other character.

DShep625

[17]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    My opinion is Fisto will turn out to be her father making Man-At-Arms Teela's uncle. That would explain the the likeness in facial structure of the man under the bandages (The one when the Sorceress took a leave of abscense). And in on of the later episodes Fisto mentioned some sort of amnesia I think hard to recall after 4 yrs. Loved this show was very happy when I saw the DVDs would be released.