Headbangers Ball

MTV - Music Television

Headbangers Ball Fan Reviews (8)

• glad it finally went away

7.1
    in the late 80's this was a must see. then they started showing the same stuff that you could see all day and the show went to crap. but when rikki rachtman took over it really started to suck. and finally heavy metal went out of fashion and now the show has gone away. of course they no longer show videos on mtv anymore any way.
  • Ricki and Adam specifically noted, MTV Heavy Metal videos, guest appearances, interviews

I watched this late night show instead of going to the bars. I was caught up on what was happening at the time here. Adam didn't appear to fit the theme even wearing the leather, but did fine presenting the information (The women may have loved him!). I thought Ricki would just fill in, but as we find out, the guy lasted some time and is living the lifestyle with responsibility. I say a good role model for the genre. When I look at clips from the show, I then feel like I didn't waste my time in front of the tube after all.
  • host jamey jasta of the band hatebreed brings you some of the heaviest videos known to man. ranging from nu-metal to death metal, its packaged really nicely.

ok...........i cant give this a ten simply because they play videos from the daily programming on this SPECIALTY show. that being said............i do love the show. most of my music needs are brought to me via jamey jasta of the brutally good band hatebreed. i was lucky enough to pretty much watch from the first year on, so ive been a fan since about 10 yrs old. recently, ive seen more death metal being represented on the show, which i personally love to see. my only beef with the show is the trash they throw in, most of which doesnt belong............which i understand, as they are trying to get the mainstream people interested. still, i dont see why its nessecery. it in a way hurts the integrity of the show almost. i personally tune in weekly to get my fix of death metal and black metal.
    , and you should too.............
  • Metal up your arse!!!

This show might not look very original at all, but in fact i think it was the first TV show about nothing else than metal music. Every episode would present us with lots and lots of incredible videos, sometimes presented by a regular host or by a guest host like Ozzy Osbourne, for example. I don't think there is much to say, videos, videos and more videos filled with demonic and ritualistic propaganda were shown constantly. The interviews were not very good though. Definitely a show that started a trend and that should have lasted forever, since videos come ou everyday.
  • Did they bring it back? about time MTV did something that didn't suck.

I loved Headbangers ball, Rikki Rachtman was cool, and you always saw the new and best videos. I remember seeing the Sweating Bullets video on there, and I was like this kicks ass. They had bands come on and talk with Rikki, about upcoming tours and/or albums, they had different promotional stuff, it was just a cool show. It's just too bad ow all they have is shows and no videos, and then they made MTV2 which barely has videos. That show was back in the good ole days. Yo MTV Raps was Friday night, which I didn't watch, but was cool for rap fans, and then Headbanger's Ball was Saturday night.
  • A classic heavy metal music program.

A classic heavy metal music program. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • It's a good show, but it used to be great.

Headbangers ball is a good show that deserves better. back in the very early 90's when the show was fun, and Riki Ratchman hosted it was great. it had great bands, they went all over the place and did crazy things like (Sky diving, concerts, and drinking) Now they just sit in a room and talk so hum-drum and never do anything.Plus all the videos they show are pretty much all the same screaming growling bands that all sound the same. But other than the couple of negatives, Headbangers Ball is one of the only shows on MTV worth watching.To bad MTV doesent care about real Rock music,just rap and Alt-rock> MTV SUCKS!!!
  • Metal Rules!

This is like the best TV show ever. Its on MTV2. On Saturday at 10. And the show lasts til 12. Its really the only metal show i get. Now i really dont like MTV, or MTV2 for that matter, just because i dont like mainstream music. But MTV2 did one thing right by bringing back TVs greatest show to ever air. They show all the new videos for the week and they throw in some old school stuff, and one video from the guest host. Jamey Jasta is a cool guy and i guess he deserves to host the show. Its so cool. All metalheads must check this out!