Headland Forums

Tuesday 7:30 PM on Seven NetworkBetween Seasons

Support Australian Film Industry

Lisa5656

[1]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    Even if you don't like Headland keep it on air so 100's of people can stay employed. Change the channel if it irritates you that much but please think about the poor men and women who have to support their families who will lose their jobs if its axed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

farnaholic

[2]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 7
    Headland isnt the only australian show created... Blue Heelers got axed...we need to support too many...

Kerna

[3]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think its laughable that the the argument used is that 'we should support Aussie shows because 200 people (actors & support staff) might become unemployed'. If they provided a quality show then of course people will support it it - but if they keep churning out the same mindless crap then its their own fault that it fails. If a car company brings out a bad car, people will not buy it - its exactly the same with TV shows. Are you exepcted to put up with a bad show, just because some bad actors will lose their jobs? Hundreds of people lose their jobs everyday. I am not against Australian TV shows and actors - I just wish they will stop trying to produce the same show one after another. Australian producers should think outside the square - produce something that is fresh and original - not try to create the same show over and over again!