TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Heartbeat Forums

ITV (ended 2010)

Grim Reaper on the last ever Heartbeat

fotasmic

[1]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 1

Just watched the last ever Heartbeat and Sunday nights are never going to be the same again. I just cannot understand why it has been stopped - it could have easily been moved forward into the 1970s. Anyway did anyone else see the Grim Reaper walking down the street in Adensfield back of shot towards the end of the last episode? Was this some kind of stunt by the crew? Sad sad end to a simply great series and no doubt some slimey TV exec thinks it time to pander to the younger market. Shame on those responsible for cancelling this show.

Edited on 09/13/2010 2:39am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beachunter

[2]Sep 13, 2010

Quite agree. All the good shows are disappearing. At least it has been left open for a revival in the future. I too saw the Grim Reaper walk in front of the garage. Nice touch!!

RichNicko

[3]Sep 13, 2010

Yes, I taped the last episode last night and spotted the grim reaper walking across Scripp's garage.

It shows not only the producers feelings about the show been axed, but also millions of viewers, that this show should not of been axed.

TV is less about actors and drama programmes, and more about cheap reality shows and other programmes with no cast to pay out for.

What is really annoying, was when it was announced that Heartbeat was to be axed, we were informed that there was two years of episodes for us.

This was not the case with only 5 final episodes.

Edited on 09/13/2010 4:07pm

fotasmic

[4]Sep 15, 2010

I believe the Heartbeat Sunday night slot is to be filled in with another extra X Factor slot. That being the case I certainly wont be watching ITV any more of a Sunday evening. Maybe its time for a new TV station that does cater for more mature viewers and takes seriously our concerns and interests. Its clear that both BBC and ITV have no interest in anyone over 30......

goodtimetv

[5]Sep 26, 2010

ITV have nerve to call it the people's channel with the end of HEARTBEAT that just proves that it is not. Heartbeat was a good show that everyone could watch. The right time the right place and the right scrips. What dross do the put on in place of it the bloody S**t factor. No wonder ITV figures have dropped. ITV have become a game show station. The ITV bosses must have a brain the size of a pea to cut a show like HEARTBEAT. It made money and was sold all over the world. It should have been the ITV bosses what were cut not HEARTBEAT.

Bring back HEARTBEAT!Sign the pettition to bring back HEARTBEAT at Goathland post office on line.

supernaturalmad

[6]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 2
    what happened to Oscar?? i taped the last episode but it lost the 5 minutes if te episode. did he die or di he survive?? i really wanna know!!!!! please reply.

johntysonsmith

[7]Oct 17, 2010

Where can I see the final episode, as I was on holiday when it was broadcast. I have tried all the usual avenues, such as You Tube and ITV Player but to no avail, and I understand from "Private Eye that any repeats will be cut on ITV Bosses' orders to ensure the clip of the Grim Reaper doesn't get shown again

johntysonsmith

[8]Oct 25, 2010
    I wish someone would reply to my message. I really want to see the episode I missed. Surely someone out there must have posted a copy on a website somewhere?

RossRobinson1

[9]Jan 22, 2011
    we don't know for sure if Oscar is dead or not, thats why they left it as a cliffhanger.

pcrowan

[10]Jun 18, 2011
    Yes, I spotted the reaper straight away and thought "that's a swipe at the biggots at ITV!!" Of course, we can't have Heartbeat anymore cos we are funding the Wild at heart lot to sprawl all over Africa!

pcrowan

[11]Jun 18, 2011
    Oh, And did anyone spot the Heartbeat model police car on the shelf behind Dr Ormrod in The Royal last sunday? Again another pointer to ITV from the crew. I know of someone who left Heartbeat to work on Last of the summer wine - and again, production ceased. A bad time for classic, easy-going telly.

Super-Bluebird

[12]Jul 26, 2011

Well there is a way to find out what happened to Oscar...

Derek lives near Chippenham in Wiltshire and as a favour is acting as host for a fundraising dinner for the local football team on 24th September 2011. You can bid for a2 course meal, with of course the oppertunity to meet Derek listen to some great anecdotes, and try and coax him into telling you what happened to Oscar... cut and paste the following link.

http://auctionofpromises.com/lotread.aspx?l=8VDDQW8%C2%AClix=1%C2%AClso=LOTNUMBER-D

I met him at a similar function in February, and it was great, had plenty of time to chat with people, as the venue was quite cosy. To me he will always be Basil's right hand man, and he was more than happy to talk about that period in his life. He told a great story about Gina Lollobrigida too.

You won't be dissappointed!

Edited on 07/26/2011 1:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.