Heartbeat Forums

ITV (ended 2010)

Non-order/random showings of Heartbeat on ITV3: what's the reasons?

tellymac

[1]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 1

Heartbeat was one of the best TV drama series there has been for UK viewers; full of warmth, soul, character, good music, scenery, it had everything. So sad it had to be axed even if it had passed it's sell-by-date.

For most who love to re-watch it, ITV 3 is really the only way to in the UK. However, my pet hate has to be the random showing of episodes; for instance, the other day they showed an episode where it showed the death of one of the female doctors from the later series. The very next day they show an episode half way through one of the Mike Bradley series. This is a TV station and viewers like to be informed of what is going to happen the next day or in the following episode - as they were originally shown on ITV1. Instead, we are ignorantly insulted and cheated and given episodes which bear no order whatsoever. I feel this is because of a few reasons: 1: it's just a trivial freeview station that the majority of viewers don't watch anyway, and so, aren't gonna be annoyed by this, and 2: they just don't care what they show as long as they show any episode to fill in air space.

Noone seems to be bothered by this. I assume they do this trick with other shows such as The Professionals, The Sweeney and Minder, Poirot, amongst many others I presume.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tellymac

[2]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 1

[QUOTE="tellymac"]

Heartbeat was one of the best TV drama series there has been for UK viewers; full of warmth, soul, character, good music, scenery, it had everything. So sad it had to be axed even if it had passed it's sell-by-date.

For most who love to re-watch it, ITV 3 is really the only way to in the UK. However, my pet hate has to be the random showing of episodes; for instance, the other day they showed an episode where it showed the death of one of the female doctors from the later series. The very next day they show an episode half way through one of the Mike Bradley series. This is a TV station and viewers like to be informed of what is going to happen the next day or in the following episode - as they were originally shown on ITV1. Instead, we are ignorantly insulted and cheated and given episodes which bear no order whatsoever. I feel this is because of a few reasons: 1: it's just a trivial freeview station that the majority of viewers don't watch anyway, and so, aren't gonna be annoyed by this, and 2: they just don't care what they show as long as they show any episode to fill in air space.

Noone seems to be bothered by this. I assume they do this trick with other shows such as The Professionals, The Sweeney and Minder, Poirot, amongst many others I presume.

The showings I am referring to are the evening slots from about 6pm til 7; I don't whether the episodes during the day are shown the same. Does anyone have a reason why they don't show these episodes in their correct order?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.