Heartland

Sunday 7:00 PM on CBC Premiered Oct 14, 2007 In Season

Heartland Fan Reviews (78)

• Still waiting for it to update on Netflix on West Coast!! Love the show but how long must we wait?

Love the show,characters and storylines... hate the fact we must wait 3 plus seasons and counting to even come close to catching up. I have been waiting for months now for it to be updated on netflix and hulu! Saw seasons 1 through 5 several times over (waiting since last year 2014 and it's now 2015 ). Your already into season 8 and still haven't allowed netflix or hulu to upload the rest of the seasons prior to season 8. This is ridiculous way to treat fans of the show. I use to believe that absence made the heart grow fonder. However, there are a large audience waiting to see the new seasons on netflix and hulu and currently people not just myself are getting tired of waiting for it to come out. I have decieded to give it a little more time, but honestly if nothing happens soon i'm going to give up altogether. Longer I wait the less interested I am in waiting week after week to login in to netflix and or hulu to find nothing new has been added. Per netflix customer service they say they have to wait for Heartlands creators to give the word on when it can be added... How long must the fans keep waiting? Or should we just realize we who watch netflix and hulu just aren't important to you people???? rating this low because of the waiting period for it to show on the west coast /east coast!
  • Dislikes and likes of some of the charcters in Heartland

I mainly like Heartland for it's fantastic nature scenes - the horses (especially the wild horses) and the way how Amy handles them - I also like the various riding scenes starring Amy - I however dislike some of the Heartland household characters and the inconsistency of the scripts

First of all I want to criticize the Amy character - What kind of "work" does she really do? - It seems like she always has time to attend tournaments - take on unexpected problem horses which always get her undivided attention and run or ride around all over the place sometimes even for days - Isn't she supposed to work after a schedule? - She was also employed by a prince who payed her good money to take care of some of his horses and who took her to Europe as a (presumably well payed) member of his team and yet she seems as poor as when she started - To poor to even buy a truck or car of her own

I also want to criticize Amy's relation with Ty - The writers of the show have made Amy a hero with horses but a girl with no mind of her own as soon as Ty is concerned - It seems like she in 8 years has not matured and still is in her puppy love stage - He has insulted her - cheated on her - let her down a number of times - he never seems able to communicate with her when it matters and still she let him walk all over her - It also seems like Jack and Tim can accept any of Ty's actions which make Amy miserable - How stupid is that after Jack's protective attitude for Amy in Season 1? - Ty is a mockery of a "bad boy" who's turned good - Write Ty out of the show asap - He's some boring and highly unrealistic character - Surely y'all can display Amy as the strong - intelligent and independent woman she is supposed to be and not the caricature of a woman desperately in love?

Then there is Jack who's supposed to be the strong but silent man - The rock and foundation for his grand daughters - Yet he's to much of a coward to invite his beloved family to his wedding and on top of that to tell them that he had married Lisa thereby making a fool of her - He has a phobia about leaving Heartland for even some nights (and be with Lisa in her place) or travel to France - Where do the writers of the script get their idiotic ideas from - Is Jack really a man in love or is he a man with severe mental problems? - I also wonder why Jack can keep up with Tim and accepts his stupid actions which hurt his grand daughters now after he first was so firm to keep Tim away from them

Lou the highly educated woman with a previous top job in NY suddenly has control obsessions when she lives @ Heartland and seems nothing better to do but to be a housewife - making breakfast and cooking dinner for the family - What a waste of that character - Her cabin and diner project seem to have stalled and she seems unable to take care of Heartland's economy - The ranch looks as poor if not even poorer than when the show started - No progress has been made during 8 seasons - The question about who owns Heartland is a blur - Is it Jack - Lou - Amy? - Who makes the money which pays Heartland's bills? - After 8 years it's still the same old house and stables in spite of the growth of the family (Lou married + 2 kiddos - Jack & Lisa married) - Surely at least Lou and her family wanna have some privacy? - Space enough to build extensions of the house (or some new houses) and stables if the writers insist that the characters all should live close to each other @ Heartland - Since Jack is unable to move to Lisa's place for a number of weird reasons and since Lisa is a wealthy woman - why can't they build a new house close to the old one so they have some privacy? - What a weak character they've made Jack!!! - We are also in the dark what happened to Lou's "plan" which she presented to the bank in Season 1 - Was Heartland able to pay it's debts during these 8 years? - Does Lou's cabin project or diner make any profit? - Does her hubby make any money and what happened with their plans of a house of their own? - Is Peter only "working and away for weeks" so the writers are able to make him disappear during a number of episodes or is their intention to present Lou as a weak and hysterical woman unable to cope without Peter?

Tim is a person who always frecks up and always is forgiven - He puts his nose in affairs where it doesn't belong and hurting his daughters along the way - He always has fantastic plans to make a buck but they always fail and between the fuck ups he always find the time to hit on women - What he does for a living is unclear - one time he owns a ranch - then he's in the tournament business - owns a riding horse and whatnot - How long can Amy and Lou put up with this clown?

Mallory was a cute and intelligent kid with insights but the script writers changed her into a stupid teen who's main interest was which boy or man she would choose

Georgie was a fresh character when she entered the show - but we already see the signs - From being a tough run away from various foster parents she too has become a teen with no brain - easy to manipulate in doing stupid things or to accept fairy tales without any questions

It shows that Heartland has been created (and directed) by way to many people who never made the effort to keep track about what had happened in previous episodes - Therefor the show (and especially the characters) lacks consistency - The episodes are written according the same recipe - Mix horses/horse riding with some Amy "magic" - add a number of couples with love problems who break up and make up for what ever stupid reason - spice it with some morons who do stupid things - some drama like severe accidents or heart attacks and voila - another episode is born - I really wish that the writers of the show could write consistent episodes which make sense and well defined personalities for at least the main characters - It looks like the writers of the show think that all the viewers of the show are an uncritical bunch of teens who are willing to swallow what ever crap and accept whatever inconsistencies - They really show a lack of respect for the fans of Heartland - The show has to many cheap man/women cliches and/or caricatures
  • Prince Ahmed

Dearest Heartland Writer,

I just recently started watching Heartland thru a friend's recommendation & being an equestrian myself, i fell in love with the show & in fact, i applied some of the things i watched from Heartland with my riding & surprisingly i've never been more connected to my horse. I got so addicted that I watched season 1 to 8 in a short period of time.

The show would have been perfect but when you introduced Prince Ahmed's character and have Amy & Ty driving him away like a stray dog, you ruined the fantasy. Yes, every girl loves to have an honest to goodness faithful Ty but my dearest writer, you forgot that some girls dreams of a prince in a white horse & who will sweep them off their feet to a castle far away & give her the world. Also, based on Prince Ahmed's character he is representing a middle eastern prince & a continent that is in the process of changing a woman's role in the middle eastern society & you are representing Prince Ahmed's character as a male chauvinist pig which is an insult to the middle eastern culture.

My dearest Heartland writer, i wish you just did not introduce Prince Ahmed's character in the show & be treated like a stray dog just to make Amy & Ty's love look unbreakable that no money or power in the world can separate them & you're bringing Prince Ahmed's character back to be what??? to test Amy & Ty's marriage? why don't you pick a character who is in the same level as Ty & not a middle eastern prince who is totally misrepresented & shamed.

Thank you for your time.
  • Help to pepsicharlotte

To pepsicharlotte if you can see this website: http://watchseries. lt/serie/Heartland-2007 you just click on the episode you want to watch, and then follow one of the links on the second site (the one that opens when you click on a link) and there you go all the episode of the Heartland series and many other series for FREE! I live in Denmark and have no problem with the websites and it requires no email address or any kind of information :D Good luck to you PS remember to delete the space bar in the link between (. and It)
  • Ty is an annoying drama queen and Lou is too self centred

Both of them would not be tolerated in real life, but the show overall is refreshing family entertainment. Love Mallory, one of the best characters on the show.
  • Heartland

How do I watch these episodes online? I signed up on this website because I thought that's what it is for!
  • I am sure this show has potential - it is just it seems like we have seen it all before!

I think the main problem with the storyline is that it is so obvious - there are no real surprises. That doesn't make it bad; some shows are just as good when they are easy to watch. The best thing is that it is a good family type show; at least you don't have to cover your ears for language content! I am interested in how it will develop; particularly in how the girls cope with the loss of their mother, the battle between their father and their grandfather that is obviously looming and of course the wonderful horses! I suspect it will all be worth it in the end - especially if Chris Potter is in it!
  • Wistful viewer

This is a wonderfully entertaining show for young and old (like this octogenarian). Hard to find shows covering that spectrum these days. I have managed to watch the first 8 seasons with the help of the up network, Netflix and the library. But now it appears that up tv will no longer air the program and season nine is in production. It is not a good way to pleasure loyal fans. One can only hope things will change and this is not a USA goodbye to Heartland.
  • More Heartland???

A great show for Adults and children alike. We got to "The Happy One" and it quit... are more shows available after this one?
  • I'm proud of being Canadian!!

I really do like this show! I watch season 1 to 3 in 4 days. I am so into it!! I've just ordered season 1 and 2 in dvd and I think I will watch the again as soon as I get them!!

This show is so refreshing, it's soft, no really big action that could not happen on a ranch.. Of course real life is not like that every day on a ranch but this is more real than fake ¨-¨ so it's refreshing!! If you like horses and a little drama you will love this show. This is exactly what it is about: horses, love, living in a ranch, ...

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!!
  • A dream come true

I love the Heartland family, I love Jack, he looks and acts like a man I once loved. I have to find out why he fell off his horse. I gotta see the wedding for Amy and Tye. Please don't disappoint your #1 fan. I love horses so much. I always dreamed that I would've had a father and a childhood growing up on a ranch like Heartland. Love love love
  • I am amazed at some of these so-called reviews (spoilers)

Overall it's a good show that could have been great. That said - the scenery, coupled with the core "family" of characters -- makes me love the show. Even the one character that I'm somewhat deconstructing here - I love. lol.. The actors are all just superb. Really - extremely talented cast. BTW - I think Mallory is hilarious, and the "scene-stealer" - especially the first few seasons. I love that kid - she's hilarious - so precocious and observant... so cute! I miss her in the last couple seasons, frankly. I really do love this cast. The writers? Well... they can be quite disappointing.. but - still love the show. Tim, another major source of comic-relief - such a jerk but also so often hilarious... Chris Potter is fantastic. On to my critique of the main protagonist - the queen of the double-standard, lol... Amy! :-) One blogger has mentioned what she calls "OOC", or out-of-character moments - where the writers seem to just ascribe seemingly schizophrenic affectations with many of the characters, doing and saying things that totally contradict their character's personalities over the entire series. I have to agree completely. Scott's break-up with Lou and subsequent behavior - from "I'll follow you to New York, and... yada yada", being so in love.. to just dumping her? Ridiculous. I understand the writers wanting to clear the way for Lou to meet Peter or someone else - makes total sense - but the way they did it was just unprofessional. Over the seasons it's become clear that the writers are not on the "same page" at all - and when they do get together, it really becomes apparent that they settled their differences by watering down everything.

The review by another fan - science something - was so very one-sided, imho, and betrayed a fundamental bias, a real identifying-with the Amy character to the exclusion of any level of reason or logic. To claim that Ty was the jerk... and NOT Amy... was so outer-limits... so deluded.. ... well, to quote them:

" He has insulted her - cheated on her - let her down a number of times - ... she let him walk all over her -... Jack and Tim can accept any of Ty's actions which make Amy miserable"

What!? Ty's bringing the Blair character back to Heartland was DEFINITELY stupid, that's undeniable - but - it was unintentional. Both Ty and Amy are NEW to relationships - with Amy being the far less mature and experienced (no debate) - it's funny how she sort of narrates her struggles to rationalize things like possessiveness and jealousy, and just what "trust" means, given her realizations of human nature regarding attraction and such. But - the way she just EXCUSES herself for the "Chase thing", while she continues to see the guy, repeatedly "forgiving" him, firing/re-hiring... putting it all in Ty's face...

let's be real - Ty got rid of Blair as fast as he could and never looked back. Meanwhile, Amy repeatedly (again) pretends, ... yes, PRETENDS.. that she doesn't see the obvious signs of guys who are very interested in her... THEN, (spoiler) in season 8?

The Prince dude? GIVE ME A BREAK. Look at that video of them in Europe... Her stance is leaning IN.. leaning IN to the guy... as he goes to kiss her she doesn't even FLINCH, let alone move away. This girl is bad news.

Now - the show does not intend to portray Amy as I'm describing. In fact - she is innocent, and - Ty _can_ trust her... that's true. The problem is just that, the way the scripts are written, and the way that Amber has been directed, and the shots done - they don't gel with this. It was a royal mistake to portray her the way they did - because they're TRYING to paint the picture that she is just confused, but really true - true to Ty and to herself - a girl who is not interested in anyone but her fiance. They just - they blew it. The girl they show to us - the one I describe here - can't be trusted - . I know she's supposed to be true.. unfortunately they showed us a completely different person... easily manipulated, slow to discourage the guy(s) that would wreck her future with Ty; of two minds when propositioned. I know that's not who she's "supposed" to be... that's the problem. The show makers screwed up. Bottom-line.

lol. She doesn't deserve TY. He's too good for her. The writers screwed this up. I've asked a few friends, both guys and girls, and there is total agreement. Ty would never be able to trust Amy again. It's much more than just the words - it's body language, it's eye-contact. Looking back, it's clear that Amy is "open" to nearly every good-looking guy that talks to her. It's not about being friendly or personable - but let's be honest - people give impressions, they give signals. "Encouragement" or ... discouragement. Amy is VERY encouraging - just watch - and if you can step aside from your Amy-super-fan persona for just a moment - you cannot deny it: Amy ENCOURAGES interested guys... to "give it a try".

This is obvious to anyone who understands people even a little bit. The big, beautiful, welcoming smile - the direct and prolonged eye-contact, followed by the slight "away glance" and then return to direct eye-to-eye - that is the signature good-girl flirtation that says "I'm attracted to you" to anyone with a brain.... There is no doubt that the director's instructed Amber to portray these various forms of unspoken communication - some quite overt - and Amber is an EXCELLENT actress. She _nails_ it. She nails the girl that you simply cannot trust. The girl that will reach in to your chest and yank out .... your heart.

Amy - when ya look a bit more deeply - is not innocent at all... her "clueless" viewpoint that viewpoint that allows her to justify going in to a dark movie theater with Chase, her best-friend's boyfriend... or to travel to Europe with a wealthy royal douch... I mean Prince... her SUPPOSED INNOCENCE... gives her license to get in to virtually ANY questionable, compromising situation.... and... she seems determined to take advantage of that license. RUN AWAY... Ty.... Run away man. Leave that kind of girl well behind.

Hey - it's the truth of it. Sad. But true.
  • Heartland has my heart

I absolutely love this show!
  • love it

Does anyone know when the new episodes are being put on netflix. Because they only have seasons 1 thru 3 on there. And I can't get them to let me watch them on here.
  • the best show ever

I actually just started watch this show this week on netflixs because my best friend told me about it so started from season 1 and just like two minutes ago I finish catching up. I've never seen a show so unbelievable good before I was glued the computer and tv. Even my two year son loved it "mommy horse show". This show makes me cry at least once an episode and im always on my the edge of my were times I would have to force myself to go to bed but trying to fight myself "just one more episode". I can say that i will be so sad when they end this series. Truthfully these writers are amazing always coming up with new thing. I can honestly say I haven't got bored of not one episode. Thank u for this fantastic series......
  • Heartland is amazing

They need to get the rest of Heartland on Netflix.
  • Great clean show

I was not sure about the show at first, and I finally started watching it and can not stop doing so. I am on season 6 on Netflix and can't wait to see the next 2 seasons on it soon. Please load them on there. This is one of the best shows I ever watched.
  • not able to see all the series

I live in Rome,GA USA and I have watched season 1 through season 4 not able to get any more seasons on Netflex is there anyway I can purchase DVD;s from #5 on I am 80 years old and I love the show Heartland I just love Ty and advise would appreciate a answer. thanking you in advance

• Modern Day "Little House on the Praire"

I absolutely LOVE your show! No cussing, no sex family oriented and entertaining! I just discovered this show and have watched thru season 4 two times, got season 5 in the mail and have finished it, now I just need to order the rest! I'm completely in love with it! I live in Upper Michigan, so I already feel like a Canadian. Wish I could come visit. It is simply breath of fresh air in an evil world! I rated it a 10 but couldn't get it corrected.
  • all round superb program

I saw this program on netflix and thought i saw the actress who plays amy in a dif program when i realised it wasnt i was hoocked one of the best programs ive ever seen and its a shame i cant find a channel that airs all seasons in order in the uk.
  • Episodes

Where can we get the full length episodes where we don't have to download anything!?
  • Fell in love with this show!!!

I started watching this on nexflix not to long of course now that I am hooked they have run out of anyone know how to watch season 4 and I can get caught up before I start on season 6. PLEASE HELP!!! It will drive me crazy until i can watch more heartland.. :)
  • heartland

i really enjoyed the show.I cant wait for the next episode

• The best show on TV

We fell in love with this show on Netflix but could only see the first 6 seasons. Now I want more and am in search of the rest.
  • This Show Only Deserves A 10 Rating

To be honest never cared for country music but for some reason I love country movies and TV shows and when I came across Heartland on Neflix I knew I had to give it a try.

It had me hooked by the second episode on the first season, I knew it was going to be hard knowing I had 8 seasons to catch up to but trust me it did not take long because it was the only show I watched then I continued watching season 9 on the CBC app and well season 9 was the greates I think.

Fall can not come fast enough, I so look forward to watching season 10 and hope that they continue to make more wonderul seasons of this show because I could watch just this show over and over and never get sicks of it LOL.

I've become a huge fan of this show and look forward to whats to come.
  • would love to be invited to come watch on set

We are a huge fan of Heartland and we are making a special trip to High River , Alberta on July 16th till July 22nd between that time of our stay would really love to meet n greet with some of the cast and maybe watch on set make our stay so much better and mark this off my bucket list I have not been well . Please let us know if possible ... This show Rocks big time Buffylynn Bante oxox
  • Need more shows like this

I loved this show. It really is one of the best and rare gems on any network. Please keep them running.
  • Hartland review

so amazing is one of the best things I have ever watch I would recommend this to everyone it has a life lesson when enjoying a great film kids could realy benefit from watching this.
  • Heartland broke my heart

It's one of the best tv shows I have ever watched. Being an equestrian myself, I instantly got hooked on it- with all the horses, cowboys, and horse behavior tips. In a matter of two weeks i watched seasons 1-6 (which is impressive considering i still has all my school work to do on top of watching the show). However, I live in the US, and for some reason Heartland got "pulled" from our viewing, making it nearly impossible to watch the new seasons. What happened to jack? How was Amy and Ty's wedding? Spartan? A girl needs to know. Please Heartland, come back to the us.
  • Heartland seasoned

The BEST Family Drama on Television hands down - Canada AND US

This is why it is in its 9TH SEASON and running strong.

There is so much on this show that appeals to all walks of life and all ages.

Nothing on tv is better.
< 1 2 3