Heartland

Sunday 7:00 PM on CBC Premiered Oct 14, 2007 Returning Fall 2015

kiri1182

Heartland Fan Reviews (59)

• I am amazed at some of these so-called reviews (spoilers)

Overall it's a good show that could have been great. That said - the scenery, coupled with the core "family" of characters -- makes me love the show. Even the one character that I'm somewhat deconstructing here - I love. lol.. The actors are all just superb. Really - extremely talented cast. BTW - I think Mallory is hilarious, and the "scene-stealer" - especially the first few seasons. I love that kid - she's hilarious - so precocious and observant... so cute! I miss her in the last couple seasons, frankly. I really do love this cast. The writers? Well... they can be quite disappointing.. but - still love the show. Tim, another major source of comic-relief - such a jerk but also so often hilarious... Chris Potter is fantastic. On to my critique of the main protagonist - the queen of the double-standard, lol... Amy! :-) One blogger has mentioned what she calls "OOC", or out-of-character moments - where the writers seem to just ascribe seemingly schizophrenic affectations with many of the characters, doing and saying things that totally contradict their character's personalities over the entire series. I have to agree completely. Scott's break-up with Lou and subsequent behavior - from "I'll follow you to New York, and... yada yada", being so in love.. to just dumping her? Ridiculous. I understand the writers wanting to clear the way for Lou to meet Peter or someone else - makes total sense - but the way they did it was just unprofessional. Over the seasons it's become clear that the writers are not on the "same page" at all - and when they do get together, it really becomes apparent that they settled their differences by watering down everything.

The review by another fan - science something - was so very one-sided, imho, and betrayed a fundamental bias, a real identifying-with the Amy character to the exclusion of any level of reason or logic. To claim that Ty was the jerk... and NOT Amy... was so outer-limits... so deluded.. ... well, to quote them:

" He has insulted her - cheated on her - let her down a number of times - ... she let him walk all over her -... Jack and Tim can accept any of Ty's actions which make Amy miserable"

What!? Ty's bringing the Blair character back to Heartland was DEFINITELY stupid, that's undeniable - but - it was unintentional. Both Ty and Amy are NEW to relationships - with Amy being the far less mature and experienced (no debate) - it's funny how she sort of narrates her struggles to rationalize things like possessiveness and jealousy, and just what "trust" means, given her realizations of human nature regarding attraction and such. But - the way she just EXCUSES herself for the "Chase thing", while she continues to see the guy, repeatedly "forgiving" him, firing/re-hiring... putting it all in Ty's face...

let's be real - Ty got rid of Blair as fast as he could and never looked back. Meanwhile, Amy repeatedly (again) pretends, ... yes, PRETENDS.. that she doesn't see the obvious signs of guys who are very interested in her... THEN, (spoiler) in season 8?

The Prince dude? GIVE ME A BREAK. Look at that video of them in Europe... Her stance is leaning IN.. leaning IN to the guy... as he goes to kiss her she doesn't even FLINCH, let alone move away. This girl is bad news.

Now - the show does not intend to portray Amy as I'm describing. In fact - she is innocent, and - Ty _can_ trust her... that's true. The problem is just that, the way the scripts are written, and the way that Amber has been directed, and the shots done - they don't gel with this. It was a royal mistake to portray her the way they did - because they're TRYING to paint the picture that she is just confused, but really true - true to Ty and to herself - a girl who is not interested in anyone but her fiance. They just - they blew it. The girl they show to us - the one I describe here - can't be trusted - . I know she's supposed to be true.. unfortunately they showed us a completely different person... easily manipulated, slow to discourage the guy(s) that would wreck her future with Ty; of two minds when propositioned. I know that's not who she's "supposed" to be... that's the problem. The show makers screwed up. Bottom-line.

lol. She doesn't deserve TY. He's too good for her. The writers screwed this up. I've asked a few friends, both guys and girls, and there is total agreement. Ty would never be able to trust Amy again. It's much more than just the words - it's body language, it's eye-contact. Looking back, it's clear that Amy is "open" to nearly every good-looking guy that talks to her. It's not about being friendly or personable - but let's be honest - people give impressions, they give signals. "Encouragement" or ... discouragement. Amy is VERY encouraging - just watch - and if you can step aside from your Amy-super-fan persona for just a moment - you cannot deny it: Amy ENCOURAGES interested guys... to "give it a try".

This is obvious to anyone who understands people even a little bit. The big, beautiful, welcoming smile - the direct and prolonged eye-contact, followed by the slight "away glance" and then return to direct eye-to-eye - that is the signature good-girl flirtation that says "I'm attracted to you" to anyone with a brain.... There is no doubt that the director's instructed Amber to portray these various forms of unspoken communication - some quite overt - and Amber is an EXCELLENT actress. She _nails_ it. She nails the girl that you simply cannot trust. The girl that will reach in to your chest and yank out .... your heart.

Amy - when ya look a bit more deeply - is not innocent at all... her "clueless" viewpoint that viewpoint that allows her to justify going in to a dark movie theater with Chase, her best-friend's boyfriend... or to travel to Europe with a wealthy royal douch... I mean Prince... her SUPPOSED INNOCENCE... gives her license to get in to virtually ANY questionable, compromising situation.... and... she seems determined to take advantage of that license. RUN AWAY... Ty.... Run away man. Leave that kind of girl well behind.

Hey - it's the truth of it. Sad. But true.
  • We have to have more episode's to live!

My husband and I LOVE this show! We basically binged watched all the seasons. We love the story line and the scenery is amazing! It's a wholesome feel good show and there is not enough of those shows on TV or ANYWHERE! We need more Heartland episode's STAT!!!
  • where to find season 6 through 8

if you look on youtube you can find season 6 season 7 season 8 full episodes on all of them all the way up to season 8 episode 12 season 8 episode 13 comes out tonight sunday february the 15th in canada and will be on youtube by wednesday afternoon everyone should be able to watch it they said bye august or september the united states will be caught up with all the seasons and the episodes all the way up to what is showing brand new in canada and they will be playing heartland the new seasons and episodes on the up channel
  • can't see season 6 and up!

I absolutely love this show. I watched seasons 1 - 5 on Netflix but that's all they have. I'm really irked that I can't see the rest. What's up with that!?! I live in the states. How can I see the rest of the shows?
  • Dislikes and likes of some of the charcters in Heartland

I mainly like Heartland for it's fantastic nature scenes - the horses (especially the wild horses) and the way how Amy handles them - I also like the various riding scenes starring Amy - I however dislike some of the Heartland household characters and the inconsistency of the scripts

First of all I want to criticize the Amy character - What kind of "work" does she really do? - It seems like she always has time to attend tournaments - take on unexpected problem horses which always get her undivided attention and run or ride around all over the place sometimes even for days - Isn't she supposed to work after a schedule? - She was also employed by a prince who payed her good money to take care of some of his horses and who took her to Europe as a (presumably well payed) member of his team and yet she seems as poor as when she started - To poor to even buy a truck or car of her own

I also want to criticize Amy's relation with Ty - The writers of the show have made Amy a hero with horses but a girl with no mind of her own as soon as Ty is concerned - It seems like she in 8 years has not matured and still is in her puppy love stage - He has insulted her - cheated on her - let her down a number of times - he never seems able to communicate with her when it matters and still she let him walk all over her - It also seems like Jack and Tim can accept any of Ty's actions which make Amy miserable - How stupid is that after Jack's protective attitude for Amy in Season 1? - Ty is a mockery of a "bad boy" who's turned good - Write Ty out of the show asap - He's some boring and highly unrealistic character - Surely y'all can display Amy as the strong - intelligent and independent woman she is supposed to be and not the caricature of a woman desperately in love?

Then there is Jack who's supposed to be the strong but silent man - The rock and foundation for his grand daughters - Yet he's to much of a coward to invite his beloved family to his wedding and on top of that to tell them that he had married Lisa thereby making a fool of her - He has a phobia about leaving Heartland for even some nights (and be with Lisa in her place) or travel to France - Where do the writers of the script get their idiotic ideas from - Is Jack really a man in love or is he a man with severe mental problems? - I also wonder why Jack can keep up with Tim and accepts his stupid actions which hurt his grand daughters now after he first was so firm to keep Tim away from them

Lou the highly educated woman with a previous top job in NY suddenly has control obsessions when she lives @ Heartland and seems nothing better to do but to be a housewife - making breakfast and cooking dinner for the family - What a waste of that character - Her cabin and diner project seem to have stalled and she seems unable to take care of Heartland's economy - The ranch looks as poor if not even poorer than when the show started - No progress has been made during 8 seasons - The question about who owns Heartland is a blur - Is it Jack - Lou - Amy? - Who makes the money which pays Heartland's bills? - After 8 years it's still the same old house and stables in spite of the growth of the family (Lou married + 2 kiddos - Jack & Lisa married) - Surely at least Lou and her family wanna have some privacy? - Space enough to build extensions of the house (or some new houses) and stables if the writers insist that the characters all should live close to each other @ Heartland - Since Jack is unable to move to Lisa's place for a number of weird reasons and since Lisa is a wealthy woman - why can't they build a new house close to the old one so they have some privacy? - What a weak character they've made Jack!!! - We are also in the dark what happened to Lou's "plan" which she presented to the bank in Season 1 - Was Heartland able to pay it's debts during these 8 years? - Does Lou's cabin project or diner make any profit? - Does her hubby make any money and what happened with their plans of a house of their own? - Is Peter only "working and away for weeks" so the writers are able to make him disappear during a number of episodes or is their intention to present Lou as a weak and hysterical woman unable to cope without Peter?

Tim is a person who always frecks up and always is forgiven - He puts his nose in affairs where it doesn't belong and hurting his daughters along the way - He always has fantastic plans to make a buck but they always fail and between the fuck ups he always find the time to hit on women - What he does for a living is unclear - one time he owns a ranch - then he's in the tournament business - owns a riding horse and whatnot - How long can Amy and Lou put up with this clown?

Mallory was a cute and intelligent kid with insights but the script writers changed her into a stupid teen who's main interest was which boy or man she would choose

Georgie was a fresh character when she entered the show - but we already see the signs - From being a tough run away from various foster parents she too has become a teen with no brain - easy to manipulate in doing stupid things or to accept fairy tales without any questions

It shows that Heartland has been created (and directed) by way to many people who never made the effort to keep track about what had happened in previous episodes - Therefor the show (and especially the characters) lacks consistency - The episodes are written according the same recipe - Mix horses/horse riding with some Amy "magic" - add a number of couples with love problems who break up and make up for what ever stupid reason - spice it with some morons who do stupid things - some drama like severe accidents or heart attacks and voila - another episode is born - I really wish that the writers of the show could write consistent episodes which make sense and well defined personalities for at least the main characters - It looks like the writers of the show think that all the viewers of the show are an uncritical bunch of teens who are willing to swallow what ever crap and accept whatever inconsistencies - They really show a lack of respect for the fans of Heartland - The show has to many cheap man/women cliches and/or caricatures
  • A Heartland obsession

I love this program so much. I feel like I am there with the characters. I have watched up to season 6 but can't watch season 7 and 8 because I don't know how can someone tell me please?

Heartland is my favourite tv show EVER and if they cancelled it I would probably cry for a week ;)

One of the things I love about heartland s that it's jam packed full of romances (this is from what I have watched) Amy and Ty, Lou and Peter, Jack and Lisa, Mallory and Jake....

I would like to thank all the people who made my obsession possible.... thank you :)
  • Heartland is Grade is A+

This show is downhome and can be related to by so many people. It has character and a great cast to boot. It is a rarity to find a family program without all the junk put in... Thank you....
  • In a World FULL of Shameless TV - A Terrific Wholesome Family Show

I love Heartland as it is one of the only shows still out there that you can sit with your family and watch without embarrassment. It feels like the modern day Little House on the Prairie. Please continue the show!
  • Heartland has my heart

I absolutely love this show!
  • I miss Dutch Subtitels!!!

It is a shame that Heartland is in the Netherlands still at season 3. After season 3 there are no Dutch subtitels anymore. I like the serie a lot. So i look to it now with eng subtitels. I am now starting season 6 and seven to watch. But i hope there is comming soon a Dutch television sender who send out the serie with dutch subtitels. The serie is so good it deserve it to send out in more countrys on tv.
  • I miss heartland

Heartland is my favorite show. I've read all the books and watched every single episode. After Amy left I just wanted to see the next season and watch Ty and Amy be reunited. It's a mistake to cancel the show because this show teaches great life lessons in every episode and leaves you feeling great afterwards. I get shivers every time the theme song comes on. This show just makes people feel great and the show has a great meaning. Your making a mistake if you cancel Heartland.
  • Canceling Heartland Is A Bad Idea

Heartland is a heartfelt drama about finding love in helping people or animals. Horses have become a big part of my life due to this show. I owe the producers a hobby. This show does not deserve to be canceled. It is a great show with an amazing plot and catching characters. This show helps influence people to do their best all the time and never give up on something. DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. It is a good influence to kids and adults.
  • keep heartland going !! xx

i loved horses before i watched heartland but after watching it i so the real beuty in horses and know alot about them such as t-touch it works so good on other horses .the first time i watched heartland i was soon catch in to watching the rest of the seasons as it was that good ive watch all the seasons 1-6 on netflix and have tried to watch the rest over youtube but after hearing the news about heartland being canceld i was very heartbroken and disoppointed in tv all togher this show meant somthing to me alot i love the idea of ty and amy being togher i think they should get marrid and have kids and i think mallory is a great acto r but gets alot of hate which i dislike alot :( the scene with georgie and peter is a strong one it shows that even when you have gone through something as much as georgie did there is allways some1 there to be your friend and to love the releationship between georgie and katy is nice she is so cute . but tim can be a bit annoying at times tho but he is kind loivng father doing the best for his kids i mean a horse for a birthday present id die for one of those , the arguments between kalub and ty are best it shows how much they both love amy and how far they would go. im 14 and would this show (heartland to carry on i would miss it :( to much i spend most of my time watching it over and over again) i do think that this show teeches something in real life its almost real i carnt stress how much i want it back. i love everything about and all the characters so i would like to stop all the haters to stop hateing esp on marllory she does nothing wrong so stop !! i have very strong views about thing and when i do i dont stop untill i get it so i wont stop untill i get my point across about heartland who's with me ?!!
  • Don't Cancel This Show

I loved the show Heartland and I cannot believe that they are going to cancel it. I am very disappoint in television anymore because it seems if you find a show that is a good family show they want to cancel it and put some stupid disgusting show on in it's place. I now know why I don't watch that much television. Please bring HEARTLAND back. I hope you are going to let this show return in the fall of 2014 because it is such a great show to watch
  • Send Mallory Back to Nashville

Mallory is the most obnoxious person on TV.... I thought when she came back she was going to be less grating, but I was wrong. Just watched the episode where the dog falls in the well.... my blood pressure went up every time Mallory was on camera.
  • AWESOME SHOW...

HUSBAND, DAUGHTER AND I WATCH TOGETHER EVERY FAMILY DRAMA FOR ALL AGES. MY DAUGHTER WAS DEALING WITH TAKING RESPONSIBILITY AND HAS SEEN MANY EPISODES OF YOUNG AMY AND MALLORY TAKING CARE OF THE HORSES AND STRUGGLING WITH PEOPLE SKILL AND IS NOW ALSO APPLYING HER NEW SKILLS CONNECTIONS BETWEEN DIFFERENT BOOKS OR CHARACTER TRAITS WITH LESS AND LESS GLAD I FOUND THIS AMAZING AND TALENTED CREW. DONT CHANGE A THING...
  • Help to pepsicharlotte

To pepsicharlotte if you can see this website: http://watchseries. lt/serie/Heartland-2007 you just click on the episode you want to watch, and then follow one of the links on the second site (the one that opens when you click on a link) and there you go all the episode of the Heartland series and many other series for FREE! I live in Denmark and have no problem with the websites and it requires no email address or any kind of information :D Good luck to you PS remember to delete the space bar in the link between (. and It)
  • not able to see all the series

I live in Rome,GA USA and I have watched season 1 through season 4 not able to get any more seasons on Netflex is there anyway I can purchase DVD;s from #5 on I am 80 years old and I love the show Heartland I just love Ty and advise would appreciate a answer. thanking you in advance

• What a show!

Thank you for a show that is down to earth and real. I love watching it and cannot wait to see the next one.
  • S07E12 - This was another really good episode.

7x12 has moved up in the rankings all the way to third favorite. It was great to see Amy completed her recovery, I believe for the most part. She fought through the fear when push came to shove. TAMY was still strong and together, with a few nice tender moments. I really like the Georgie & Olivia scenes they were great, I'm really liking Alisha's work. Jack & Peter were good as well. It's really cool how they are showing a good Father / Daughter relationship developing. Georgie's character really needed that. It was cool to see Peter give up the attic for his older daughter to have a special safe place to grow up in. TAMY/Scott defeated the bad guys without major issues and Ty kept his cool while doing so. really throughout the entire episode Ty displayed the right amount of maturity for his current represented age. The scenery was super throughout the whole show. I really liked the ending it was great and showed a special moment for TAMY that signified good things to come in the future. The closing song was great, really liked it. But mostly, NO TIM again this week. Sweet. Whatcha think guys.

A Texan Wishing He Lived In Alberta.....
  • Amber and Graham

hi i love your storie it is the best in the whole world and i have only been watching for 1 week and i am already on season 7 so yea i kinda watch it all the time so i hpo you get this message, keep in touch

Luca xxoxooxox

im 12

• Tim has got to go

Tim is so annoying. Please make him go away. He says and does such stupid things, over and over again. We literally cannot stand to watch any scene that he's in. He is definitely the weakest link of the characters. It's time for Tim to fade off into the sunset.
  • Amy and Ty

Amy and Ty are awesome together but their growing into fine young adults, they need to add more life experience for them to become a stronger couple on the show. they still have a special bond that know one should be able to break I hope to see them get married and have children. love the show cant wait for next episode and many more seasons to come ive see all season up to season 7 episode 8
  • Pet peeve

I really enjoy the show, been hooked ever since i found seasons 1 - 6 on netflix. But something has always bothered me about how Amy always goes on about Spartan and Pegasus were/are her connection to her mother. Fact of the matter is Ty is as well. Marion(Amy's mother) is the person who hired Ty and initially was his sponsor for his parole. Jack took over as sponsor cause Marion told him she had a good feeling bout him. It annoys me that's always overlooked.

Ok done venting. lol. But Heartland is a great show.

Oh ya, I aswell have noticed the dynamic between Ty and Amy has cooled somewhat ,might be the fact Amber Marshall is a newlywed and therefore it has changed on screen dynamics. But who's to say its not part of the storyline. As we all know Ty and Amy have had many a bump along the way. Maybe they building for another.
  • frustrated

I just finished season 4 on Hulu Plus and found out there are 3 MORE seasons! And cant find them anywhere to watch! Where can I watch them?
  • Ty is an annoying drama queen and Lou is too self centred

Both of them would not be tolerated in real life, but the show overall is refreshing family entertainment. Love Mallory, one of the best characters on the show.
  • Modern Day "Little House on the Praire"

I absolutely LOVE your show! No cussing, no sex family oriented and entertaining! I just discovered this show and have watched thru season 4 two times, got season 5 in the mail and have finished it, now I just need to order the rest! I'm completely in love with it! I live in Upper Michigan, so I already feel like a Canadian. Wish I could come visit. It is simply breath of fresh air in an evil world! I rated it a 10 but couldn't get it corrected.
  • best family show on tv today

best show on tv today, its everything a good tv show should be , great family show, safe , no bad words , excellent program
  • amazing!!!!!

i love this is nothing better. cant wait for season 7!
  • One of the best shows I ever saw!

Just finished watching all 6 seasons. Love the show. Can't wait for season 7 to start. Anyone know when that will be?