Heat Guy J

Chaos

Aired Tuesday 1:30 AM Oct 22, 2002 on TBS

• The magic bullet

It's becoming evident where Heat Guy J's strengths lie as a series, and it has nothing to do with our main protagonists. Vampire Leonelli really adds such a sinister layer to the show that when he volunteers to participate in a game of russian roulette (that's broadcast on live TV) the only shocking thing about that scenario is that he manages to compose himself and pull back on the maniacal laughter he loves so much. We're also introduced to a new character, an ex-con with a wolf-life face who is looking for someone called Bunny. He provides plenty of action scenes and his attacks are rather mystical in appearance, but we're told that he just has access to advance technology. (Androids roam about and people kill themselves on TV, who am I to argue?) I think I'm having a hard time connecting with Daisuka because he doesn't strike me as a lead character, his look is also all wrong. But that's neither here nor there since this was another decent episode overall with a lot to recommend.