Hec Ramsey

NBC (ended 1974)

karlmeszaros

Hec Ramsey Fan Reviews (2)

7.2
  • Hec Ramsey

Hello there, this is Derrick Ferguson from Little Rock, Arkansas. I like to watch this classic television show, and it's called "Hec Ramsey", because it brings back some of my memories. Please send me an e-mail to my new e-mail address, and it's derrickferguson2010@yahoo.com. Thanks! See you all again real soon.

Derrick Ferguson

Little Rock, Arkansas
  • By Hec!

Richard Boone played Hec Ramsey, an old gunfighter, who by the end of the nineteenth century had figured out that the wave of the future for catching bad guys was the science of criminology. Hec got a job as a deputy sheriff in New Prospect, OK. and was very eager to start applying all of the newfangled ideas he had picked up. The sheriff of New Prospect, Oliver Stamp, was young and inexperienced. He was worried that Hec's reputation as a "fast gun" would attract trouble, but Hec won him over with numerous demonstrations that science will triumph over all.

Hec Ramsey episodes were 90 minutes long and the show was one of the four rotating elements of the NBC Sunday Night Movie. Only ten episodes were made, and that's a shame.