Helix

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 17, 2014 on Syfy

• 274 - Helix

A solid episode here. I feel like they are already stretching out this thing more than makes sense in order to have 13 episodes, but for the most part I enjoyed it.
  • Day 3

Better than the last 2 episodes, but still not great, for me, it's the way it's filmed, I might as well be watching a dated 1970's series. a large computer with reels wouldn't look out of place against the walls. the filming style is outdated.
  • Not a bad show, just REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATING to watch

This team from the CDC are being portrayed as the best of the best, the elite team for dealing with an outbreak, right?

Then why is it that, Dr. Sarah Jordan, who even suggested she is the best at what she does, has started to experience shacking in her left hand and she is keeping it to herself? You know, something we would normally call a SYMPTOM. Pretty sure, this would be CDC 101 basic lesson number 1 - If you notice a symptom, report it straight away and under NO CIRCUMSTANCE do you keep it a secret.

So, can you imagine how annoyed I was when yet another TOP DOG CDC EXPERT, Dr. Julia Walker, actually gets infected with a full-on zombie snog in the shower and she too fails to tell the anyone straight away. In fact, she then has a full blown hallucination while looking in the mirror and then composes herself with the words, "Get it together Jules, you DON'T get sick"

Did she seriously just say that? Never mind working for the CDC, I'm actually starting to wonder if these characters know their ABC.

I mean, come on, it's common sense stuff.

Didn't the writers, producers, directors, or ANYONE, do any research before they made this show.

Anyway, besides all that, as I said in the title, it's not a bad show if I'm honest. I will continue to watch it to see what happens. One thing I will say, it's made me really worried about the unregulated science experiments that may be being conducted in our arctic regions.