A Helix Community
Friday 10:00 PM on Syfy

Oh sure, you could be one of those people who doesn't watch special previews of TV shows because you like to watch an episode all in one sitting, OR you could be the guy who tells everyone else what's about to happen in the first 15 minutes because you've already seen the first 15 minutes. I think the choice is clear. 

Below you'll find the first quarter-hour of Syfy's new science-fiction thriller Helix, produced by some guys involved with Battlestar Galactica and Lost. It's about a team of CDC scientists who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible viral outbreak. Over the holiday break I watched the first two hours of the series—one of our most-anticipated new shows for 2014—and when it's good, it's really good. However, I'm obligated to warn you that the opening 15 minutes are the snooziest part (backstory and exposition, mostly) of what I've seen so far, so I think Helix is better than this preview suggests.

Note that the video is on Hulu, so geographical restrictions apply. Maybe someone in America can help out our foreign friends by describing it in detail in the comments, or inviting them to come over to your house to watch it.

Well, what did you think?

Helix premieres January 10 on Syfy.

66 Comments
Follow this Show
Members