A Helix Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

What's happening on the Arctic Biosystems base down at Antarctica? From what I've found by watching the footage from the supporting site Access Granted: SyFy, there are some clues to that.

The actual experience of browsing the files start out promising. Let's stick with that. However, I did found some cool ads and leads to the mysterious virus. Those finds I'll share here with you guys.

We did find two gentlemen watching a live feed from the station while drinking Whiskey from Ilaria corp glasses.

"For now, we watch..."
This points to that this is an experiment with live subjects. That was effectively showcased during the intro scenes in the Pilot episode. Where we got snap vids from the hunted scientists on the base. That was really well executed.

Ilaria corp also has a commercial ad for contact lenses on the site. This is paired with some yoga, and workplace relaxation regime they use at Arctic Biosytems.

I'd say they're up to no good.
What else did we get from the first episodes of the show? At introduction of Dr. Hiroshi Hatake, chief research scientist at Arctic Bisoystems, he offers bottled water - without contamination. This should imply that you shouldn't really use the showers, right?
What if the water supply is affecting the staff with hallucinogenic drugs? That way they will believe they are infected and followed. Creating paranoia.

Besides the water delivery, a huge amount of crates with highly sensitive material arrived at the base. The company seem to have quite a peculiar look at life and living. By reading this letter of condolences it gets even more disturbing. As if - it's all a reality show with no real feelings or consequences.

Eh, sorry but your husband died - have an apple! Hmmm.

We also see the transformation of the non existent apes at the station.
A new logo for the show should be:

All in all this show has promise. But it can easily turn to become a hunt in air vents a'la Alien or a face sucking Zombie hunt. We'll have to wait and see. Still two episodes till the four-episodes test.

And, yes - what have you guys found from reading the bonus material?

Over and out!

10 Comments
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Just noticed: the letter to Mrs. Kneizeh is dated December 6, 2013. Why did they tell his family he died before he actually did?
Also, the new material includes a list of children from all around the world, most teenagers or young adults. The weird thing is that many of them have the same last names, indicating they're siblings, but none are from the same country.....maybe they're alien children they've sent to live with different families or something?
Also, now we know who Dr. Hvit is, re: Dr. Kelly's senseless "I don't want to turn out like Dr. Hvit."
Flag
About the Inuit children: I think the locations printed under their names are where the children were being relocated. Remember that children disappeared from the Inuit campsite? I think that's where those children were sent to. If you look at Micsa's (Daniel) location, it's the base.
Flag
Also, they seem to have a thing with "Keep Calm and Carry On" (coffee mug and weird therapy/yoga session).....maybe the aliens first came to earth to Britain during WWII?
Flag
"Rare side effects include anxiety and a general disinterest in living"

Why would I wanna wear which may lead me to commit suicide????
Flag
Pretty sure the lenses are what Hataki (sp?) wears to hide his weird glowing/reflective eyes.
Maybe they're all aliens trying to create a virus that will make humans kill each other quickly so the aliens can come live on earth.
Flag
I know, creepy!
But any medication gives side effects from nausea to death...

Those eye lenses must be spiked with something, right?
Flag
True, every medication has some side effects but those are generally necessary for your well being which is not the case with contact lenses.

Agree with you on the lenses being sppiked with something, though.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members