We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Helix Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

If the Helix's Season 1 finale ends on a cliffhanger (I've already seen it and I'm not saying!), fans need not worry about having to move on without closure. Syfy has renewed the viral thriller for a second season, ordering 13 more episodes for 2015. Yay! I think.

Helix has been a bit all over the map in its first season, sometimes delving into the bizarre (much to my delight), but also sometimes poking at things it hopes will make it more of a "serious" science-fiction show. I've been reviewing the series all season, and I like it best when it just runs around screaming instead of trying to establish character relationships, but lately it's improved at the latter, and it still shows a lot of potential.

Helix has averaged 2.1 million viewers per episode in Season 1, which means it's done pretty well for a Friday-night cable show.  But who needs numbers when you've got rat .GIFs?! 

Keep up the rodent torture in Season 2 and you'll be on the right track, show. 

Helix's Season 1 finale airs tonight (Friday, March 28) at 10pm on Syfy. Look for my review as soon as the East Coast airing concludes.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/10/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

61 Comments
Comments (61)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
ABout time they made a decision about this show. I have thoroughly enjoyed Helix from beginning to end. Wacky science, silly choices, great music and questionable plot streams, some horrible acting but to me, that sometimes makes the best television. Something that isn't just poured out of a standard can of regurgitated garbage and a few names changed.
Flag
I like Helix. But I will be going off topic by saying that the only true Sci-fi (from the series I am watching, including Almost Human and Black Orphan) to me is Continuum. I have got the same vibes as Fringe's. Almost Human is second and Helix is to me more of a mystery crime type adventure drama.

Having said all that, 2015 is damn too long to wait for a good series.
Flag
I've enjoyed Helix, the ups and downs not withstanding, but seriously if this can get a second season and Almost Human doesn't, I'll be well and truly pissed off!
Flag
Really wish they'd hurry up and decide about Almost Human, how long does it take?
Flag
Well.. that finale was quite bad compared to the rest of the season. Not sure if waiting 9 months is worth it...
Flag
I have given this show every opportunity to hook me but we are at the end of the season and I think I'm done. It wouldn't surprise me if many others feel the same as the characters and the story just aren't that interesting. It wouldn't surprise me to hear they've lost a good portion of the audience when it returns.
Flag
anyone else find this show more funny than scary ?
Flag
It exalts in the ridiculous. Celebrate the improbably wacky science and soap opera family dramas…..never mind that half the characters would have died of hypothermia by now. Which unknown relative will be behind door # 3? It has some good scares and plenty of eye rolling. I think the writers take a big bong hit before writing every episode. I'm still watching tho! lol
Flag
I'm happy. This show is deep on my guilty pleasure list; so good at atmosphere and quirkiness, so bad at character development and logic. I never miss it. Cheesy goodness. If it ended tonight, I'd be okay if the major questions were answered.
Flag
Since I watch this show, I'm afraid of elevator music. :D But, I love to see more of this stuff.
Flag
Great news, this show is truly an amazing watch! It is one of those shows that you just can't wait for every week. I hope SYFY keeps this up and keeps the science fiction shows coming.
Flag
This show was atmospheric and great! I am glad they renewed, but it's a shame we have to wait sooooooo long for it and that it is only 13 episodes.
Flag
Such awesome news! My weekend is now fine whatever black hole I step into :D
Flag
I hope next season will be a different story. Ilaria, zombies, immortals, aliens. I think the show already showed all its cards in one season. And I hope its not set in an arctic base because its becoming pretty dull.
Flag
This is good news. But now it's not the time to talk about this...
Flag
The last few episodes went in a completely different direction than I expected and it's not easy to surprise me. Glad it's coming back.
Flag
I watch it, but I wouldn't really miss it if it hadn't been renewed. atleast it is a legit scifi show and not fantasy (while I do like those too, but it's NOT scifi) or reality crap.
Flag
Let the cheesiness and black goo continue!!!More exploding heads,more microwaved rodents,more over the top story-lines and more Hatake!!

Flag
It's awful. I hoped that It'd get cancelled and be over with this by the end of season 1, but the nonsense will continue next year. Don't count me in. As soon as this season wraps up, i'm done.
Flag
If you do not like the show why did you click the link and post something about it?
There are plenty of shows I do not like or simply do not watch. In my opinion it's best to stay away from the forums.
Flag
You mean to stay away from forums whose sole purpose is, in fact, to share people's opinions? I don't follow.
Flag
No I mean if you watched an episode of a show and did not like it you can and should share. If you do not watch a show anymore then why continue to follow anything about it? For example, when Dr. Who came back I watched an episode or three hated it and never went back to it. Why should I want it cancelled? Why would I go onto forums and comment? It wasn't for me. I move on.
Flag
I agree. I thought for sure it would get the axe and be done for. Now that Lost Girl and Being Human are cancelled/ending I have no reason to watch SYFY anymore. I gave this show a shot and it is just pure garbage.
Flag
Not that I am the authority on these matters but.... why would you actively wish a show to get cancelled simply because it did not appeal to your specific tastes? It is absolutely your right to not want to watch it because you do not like it but hoping it would be cancelled so all others who enjoy the show no longer have the opportunity to do so is just bizarre. The show has solid ratings for a cable show on friday nights which means there is a solid audience for it. Would you rather that audience be ripped of a show they like simply because you and the minority do not like it? The logic there is astoundingly off kilter.
Flag
I'm still watching the show hoping it would get to a conclusion. Since it's clear that they don't care about its storielines making any sense, I'm tuning out as for the end of this season. I have every right to have an opinion about it, whether you like it (my opinion) or not. I'm happy that you have the chance to keep watching the show next year.
Flag
I am just begging you - you guys have an addictive show concept. But PLEASE make the characters act as smart as the letters after their names says they should be. Please.
Flag
Haha YES! Especially Sarah if they keep her around and lets be honest they will because shes eye candy for the people my age (20.) When it comes down to it..... I MISS DOREEN!
Flag
I would be happy if they did a True Detective and brought in a whole new cast. Because not one character was remotely likeable. Just tolerable.
Flag
I agree. And not just most of the cast, the setting as well. The series started off promisingly for me, but then went all over the place, bringing in new characters and sub-plots that detracted from its original "The Thing"-like premise, IMO. Dr Hatake was the only interesting character for me - maybe he can be in the next season, just for continuity's sake. Or, keep the same cast but create totally different characters for them in the new story.
Flag
I they bring her back - let her speak with her native Canadian accent. Because that was the worst "Atlantean" accent (Southern accent) I have ever heard. I am beating a dead horse with that but I can't stress enough as a resident of the southern US how BAD that was. And I nearly gave up the show because of her.
Flag
I must admit that I didn't go into this show expecting to like it as much as I do right now. Yes, admittedly throughout the entire season there have been many many eye roll moments but I think that the cheese factor is eliminated because the show is just damn entertaining. It's mixture of horror, "scifi", apocalypse and corporate....stuff......just combine to make something that is quirky (looking at you perky songs for horrific scenes) and worth watching despite its flaws.

My biggest problem with the show is how Bellasarios was wasted when they shifted him away from the core story to Anana and Angry Meeksa (can't remember the other twins name.) The Natives story is just not interesting and I hope they conclude it tonight.
Flag
To finish off, while there will be no show that Syfy will ever have that will fill the hole left by the Stargate franchise and Eureka, I see the light at the end of the tunnel for quality programming returning to the network. Amongst a billion paranormal and creature design reality shows Syfy has given us something quality for a change and I hope they keep it up. With Being Human & Warehouse 13 both leaving our screens within the next two months and Haven soon to be extinct after its extended 20 episode season 5 we need new shows at Syfy that are ORIGINAL SCRIPTED PROGRAMS. I love Continuum and the fact that it is not a Syfy show because lets face it, the show would be ruined if Syfy ran it. Syfy needs to not rely on imported canadian shows forever. Give us original content that reminds us that Syfy was the network that brought us Stargate SG1, Atlantis, Universe along with Sanctuary, Eureka, and Warehouse 13.
Flag
Stargate SG-1 was originally made by and aired on Showtime, a premium channel. SciFi eventually started syndicating it, and eventually bought the show around season 5 or season 6. The spin-offs were their's though.

Really, if you're listing the "great" SciFi/SyFy shows you should also list: Farscape, Invisible Man, and technically the BSG remake. There were a handful of other great original shows, but lately a lot of their content is re-airing Canadian-broadcast stuff.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I am so happy. lol
Flag
Staff
Basically just needs to go ahead and become the Resident Evil-esque narrative it looked like it was going to be before it became "Secret twins!"
Flag
Yeah, and how annoying was it when they just up and cured Peter right when we were seeing just how evolved and intelligent the virus was becoming? So not a good choice of story direction at that time!
Flag
Yeah it did kinda seem like Peter was only cured so quickly so that they could wrap that storyline. I think they prb wanted some closure and answers given in case they didn't get another season... But I still have my fingers crossed that Peter and the other infected aren't really cured and that the virus is only dormant.. That would be the shit basically. I don't know where they're gunna go with this crazy train in a second season..but I'm on board! Helix is my guilty pleasure..where others see a big steaming pos..I see entertainment. lol
Flag
I wrote the above comment prior to watching the finale... that was a pretty significant let down... I will check out next season, but that was a shit finale..
Flag
If the 2nd season has more black-goo spitting vectors and a re-infected Peter, I'm in. If Peter's not re-infected, he needs to be eliminated ASAP, he's more of a dud than Alan. If Alan was infected, he might improve as a CDC doctor.
Flag
I was sort of hoping the same, either that, or the infected re-infect Peter and his body easily readapts to the virus and he becomes the super-intelligent vector again!
Flag
Great news! I pretty much enjoyed the first season (and hopefully the finale tonight)!
Flag
Starting losing interest in the show around the 5th episode. But if it has been renewed I might try and resume it. I like when Helix feels like a Sci-Fi Horror, but those moments were becoming to rare.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members