A Helix Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

Helix S01E13: "Dans L'ombre"

I should start this review with the news that Helix was renewed for Season 2 today, so the finale's gargantuan WTF cliffhanger ending will only keep us scratching our heads for nine months, instead of the for rest of our lives. Phew! I don't know if Syfy was cutting it close or if it simply timed the announcement in order to gain some extra press for the finale, but I'm guessing it was the former. In keeping with Helix's love for living on the edge, I like to think that the show's writers threw a bunch of insane revelations into "Dans L'ombre" and then just crossed their fingers that they'd have a chance to explain them by way of a second season. Because seriously, what the heck? I still don't know what happened in this episode... and I watched it TWICE.

It brings me great sadness to say that "Dans L'ombre" wasn't everything I'd hoped it would be. What did I hope it would be? An hour full of mutant, human-sized rats terrorizing Arctic Biosystems, basically. Or at the very least, I wanted to see another swarm of vectors vomit their insides out while kissing healthy scientists. So maybe my dreams were a bit big. Instead, the episode focused mostly on getting Julia's mother Jane (formerly Jaye the ghost/hallucination) out of that damn box she parachuted into with the Ilaria hitmen, as well as determining why the Narvik virus had spread to the real world (sorry, Puerto Rico!). And for the most part, it was a big mess, just like most of the second half of the season. 

If there's a silver lining to be found here, it's that Helix has showed signs of cleaning things up and moving on by sweeping a bunch of stuff under the rug. Or maybe the writers just got really bored with the confines of Arctic Biosystems, because they blew the whole damn place up and set up a Season 2 that'll be set in... France!?!?

It's too bad that getting Jane out of harm's way was entirely unexciting, and that the spread of the virus to the outside world (and the answer of how it happened), were weightless because they lacked real details. Getting Jane was as easy as barging into a room with guns. And the big "shock" that Peter was working with the Scythe the whole time landed with a dull "Oh." rather than a "HOLY SH*TSNACKS!" The Scythe's little speech about Peter coming in second to Alan was a useless misdirection that didn't make any sense, given that Peter cut off his binds right after it and the two began talking about ruling the world together. That's an abusive partnership, if you ask me; there's nothing worse than being beholden to a centuries-old teenager (ask any mortal girl on a vampire show). And it was Peter who unleashed the virus in Puerto Rico? Excuse me, but would anyone care to explain how that happened? According to "Dans L'ombre," it may have taken place before we even joined the show (Peter said it almost transformed him into "one of those things"), which sounded like the writers admitting that they were making shit up as they went along. 

And in the final moments of the Arctic Biosystems portion of the episode, Helix turned into a spectacular ball of confusion that made no sense and may go down as a legendary finale of awkward science fiction. Hold on to your britches and try and follow along, because the final minutes were bananas. Anana brought like a dozen snowmobiles to help everyone evacuate but one has to wonder how two people (maybe three if Balleseros got out, too?) managed to simultaneously drive 12 snowmobiles in arctic conditions. A scientist told Sarah that she was pregnant. And before anyone could escape Arctic Biosystems, the Scythe set off all the explosives planted inside a few episodes ago with what looked like the same detonator that failed before. But it worked this time, because that's how this show operates. After Arctic Biosystems was leveled, Jane was killed by the Scythe because she called him by his first name Spencer? Ha ha. After the Scythe escaped to his escape chopper (with a "Here's my ride!" one-liner to send him off) Alan tossed Constance Sutton's head into the whirlybird, sending the Scythe into a fit of crying out for his dead mom. I don't know when Alan had the time to fetch Constance's head, but then again I'm still waiting for an explanation of how Alan managed to build a trap over a huge ice crevice from last episode. And which canister did Julia give to Alan before he was kicked out of the helicopter and fell to the ground, the cure or the virus? Did I imagine all this happening? Did Syfy send me a practical joke screener? I am apologizing to my editor who is reading this paragraph and is like, "What the fudge?" But honestly, Jen, this all happened! There was a pregnancy reveal, a high-tech research facility exploded, a mother's throat was cut for addressing a teenage super-assassin by his Christian name, and a severed head was hammer-tossed into a fleeing helicopter. This all happened in about three minutes, and it was Helix at its horrible best. Yet with all this inexplicable madness crammed into its final minutes, Helix still managed to fill its middle 30 minutes with boring filler.

So now it's time to talk about that cliffhanger, which technically began as a cold open. Helix has always been about one day per episode, yet "Dans L'ombre" started with Day 235. That's either a note of confidence that Helix will last 18 seasons or that the show is about to break that one episode = one day routine. We saw Alan beating the cheese out of some silver-eyed man tied to a chair (my screener had unfinished visual FX and said the man had one silver eye as opposed to two, I don't know what the finished product showed... but the difference could be important) and later learned that he was torturing the man to find the whereabouts of Julia. And the in the final scene, after Arctic Biosystems was but flaming rubble, Alan was in France (I think) sipping on a cappuccino at a Euro cafe and later met with Peter on one of Europe's famed cobble-stoned streets. Peter, possibly still working with the Scythe (we don't know), played buddy-buddy with Alan and inquired about Julia, and Alan knew. That's when we flashed up to a conference room in an Ilaria Corp. building, where a business meeting with all sorts of silver-eyed rich assholes were gathered around a table, and who should sit down at the head of that table? This crazy bizatch!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa x infinity!? 223 days pass, and now Julia is CEO of Ilaria? Or at least middle management or important enough to call a meeting of a bunch of immortal old people? It's a shocking moment, but it's also an end-of-season cliffhanger with no basis other than to make us do spit takes. Any theorizing at this point would be entirely baseless and we'd just be guessing. Did they offer her a benefits package she couldn't refuse? Was she always working for Ilaria? Did she find it all too boring to hang out with regular mortals and this became her support group? WHO KNOWS. Great television will give us something to think about with a shocker that makes sense. Helix just wants us to be all like, "Say whaaaaat?" But that's what Helix has become, a carnival freakshow of a program that's more involved with showmanship than making sense. 

And as much as I'd like to abandon this thing, I can't. If Helix purported to be a serious science-fiction drama, then yeah, I'd have a gripe. But it's embraced its madness in a way that shouts, "This is who I am! Love me or leave me!" I fault no one for leaving, but I will still think fondly of this show because when it has been good, it's been a lot of fun. However, I don't know if it's been fun enough to stick through a second season. We'll get one anyways, and I hope it comes with more rats in a microwave and inappropriate bossa nova jams, because I loved that. 

DANGLING STRANDS

– Tulok, wondering why Anana was worried about Balleseros being on his own in the Arctic cold: "I thought he was supposed to be some special ops badass." Anana: "He's from Brazil!" Ha, those warm weather wussies. 

– Sorry, there was not enough Hatake in this episode for me. He's one of the best.

– Wow, Blake (the Scythe's girlfriend and fellow Ilaria assassin) went down with a simple shot to the head. What was the point of her as a character? Anyone know?

– But that's not nearly as bad as the Scythe, who was such a disappointment after such an awesome introduction. He spent most of his time on this show tied to a chair with twisty ties rather than carving people up with his namesake blades. However, he did kill an old woman, so he's got that going for him.

– Seriously, what happened in this episode? I'm so confused I may never recover.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/10/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

237 Comments
Comments (237)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
If you are going to write an article about the show,you should pay more attention to the show. Here are some things you must have missed,not in same order as you stated them. The three assassins looked at explosives on wall and made comment(amateurs!),so they must have had a way to have disabled them or blocked the signal from detonator. The ice trap the one girl fell into was part of the plan they set in motion when talking in Hatake's office(all while knowing they were being watched on surveillance cams) Then the part where Daniel and Julia were at the snow cat and she said he could think of her as a sister,they then showed a scene of the snow cat outside plowing around on the ice(one would likely assume making the ice trap. Ballaseros has definitely flipped sides,but he has been after the list from the beginning as a side agenda.He seems to have his own plans and does what he wants. I don't think anyone really trusts him(If anyone did in the least ,it would be Annana). before the scene where the explosives went off,Hatake said that Scythe would have only one weakness(which is presumably when they went to get his mother's head,before they all ended up in the room to leave. The man that was being interrogated only had one silver eye.This was not a mistake(If you watch it again,he hits him and one of his contacts falls out).....revealing that he is one of the Immortals. There is definitely a lot of weird jumps and crazy turns in the show,but a lot of it is explained if you pay attention.If the show takes the time to explain things like setting a trap or finding the enemy's weakness....why waste time in the show actually showing the whole trap being built or them going to retrieve the mother's head?
More+
Flag
There was also this part:
"Anana brought like a dozen snowmobiles to help everyone evacuate but one has to wonder how two people (maybe three if Balleseros got out, too?) managed to simultaneously drive 12 snowmobiles in arctic conditions."

I assumed that the large number of snowmobiles were the drones that the three assassins used as diversion when they arrived. Balleseros HAD already left by then, presumably to take the list to Anana. He knew where Anana and her brother were going, met them, went back, and used the drones. Remember that Balleseros was abducted by Ilaria when he was younger and would know everything about their technology and how to work it. I also don't think Balleseros is as complicated as people are giving him credit for. He wasn't after the list from the beginning, first of all. Remember when he was about to be picked up near the beginning of the season? Had no list then, nor had he looked for it. This became a goal after getting to know Anana and her people and drawing parallels between himself and the missing children. He could still fall apart in the future, but I believe his motives at the end of the season are pretty straightforward. He was never a terrible person. He was brainwashed, but still had a conscience. Even when he killed Doreen, you could tell he hated doing it, but at the time he was still controlled by the way he was raised and trained.

That being said, I do think the show lost its footing here and there. If you're going to reveal that someone has been working for the opposite side all along you should have some small hints that people can look back at and say "ah, that makes sense now". Out of the blue rarely works unless it's done just right, usually in a high risk moment. Tensions didn't really build enough in that moment when the Scythe and Peter were alone.

Scythe was definitely a disappointment (he mostly just sat around, even when he wasn't tied up) and there were too many reveals for one episode when the show had been revealing things on a more leisurely basis previously. I think they just didn't plan that well and all of a sudden realized they were out of episodes and still had big reveals they wanted to do before the season was over.

Side note: did anyone else think it weird that Peter was the younger brother? His inferiority complex fits with that, but all of the stories about Peter being the risk taker and protecting Alan always made me think he was the less responsible, protective older brother, which would make plenty sense. Weirdly, of all the flaws, this might be one of the ones that bothers me the most.

With all its flaws, I still really enjoyed the show. It was insane, but like it's been said, fun. I'm nervous about the second season, but I'll watch it.
More +
Flag
I don't think Peter was the younger brother. The scythe called him "second son to the second son". I took that as Peter was second fiddle to the second son.
Flag
And to author, if you watched it twice it seems you watched it with your head up your rear because It doesn't seem you watched it at all.
Flag
I find there are some shows you take seriously (say Breaking Bad), and some you don't. Helix is just one of those shows you can't take seriously. It doesn't mean that you don't love it, that you don't enjoy the ride, that you're not super excited for the start of Season 2 (I am!!), it just means that you love it exactly as it is, and don't expect anything more. Tim's absolutely right, this show really does shout "This is who I am! Love me or leave me!" I admit at the start, when I first saw the promos for Helix, I was hoping for another Battlestar Galactica, or Firefly. Maybe even Lost. Were my expectations way too high? Hell yes. But, as soon as I got to know the show and allowed myself to not take it seriously, I can say that I absolutely love Helix. It's become one of my favorite shows. Usually, I love shows that blow my mind and force me to think in a different way, but Helix just breaks my brain with its madness, its strange quirks, and its unapologetically blatant inconsistencies and plot holes... and guess what? Inexplicably, I love it!
The last few minutes of the finale was a very good example of that. If you take it seriously, Helix is a televisual train wreck, but if you take it as it is, you're in for quite a ride. Here's to Helix Season 2!! :)
More+
Flag
If you're starting or thinking about watching this show:
This is a train wreck. Watch the first couple of episodes and just imagine the rest, 'cause whatever you have is probably better.

Spoilers ahead:

When it started it was interesting. Strange disease, lots of curiosity and suspense, weird murders, weird symptoms... And then we have zombies and imortal people and pointless relationships. The focus changes too much too fast and the show we have in this 13th episode is not the same we had in the 1st episode. It's like they don't know where they're going, but are still pressing the accelerator. Either that or they have a goal, no idea how to get there and are just trying stuff.
In shows like The Walking Dead (I know, it's a somewhat unfair comparison, but bear with me), we have a "what if". What if zombies came to be? Ok, let's explore that. That basis changed very little in 4 seasons.
Now in Helix we don't have a solid basis. What if a strange disease was developed in a remote location and control was lost? Ok. Let's exp... Wait, what if that disease made people try to infect each other? Still ok, I guess it has a psychological effect or what-not, so let's write around tha... And what if there's people who can resist it? Still makes sense... And what if these people are immortal, have been living for centuries and some look like kids while others look old and the only way to kill them is if the writers really want to? So, it's another vampire show...
Well, this is what I call a "Lost point" (both form being the point where they lose my interest and a reference to the show Lost), because this is the kind of stuff that makes a snowball that can only be solved with a "we were all in the purgatory, so it doesn't have to make sense" kind of ending.

By the way, has anyone noticed this research facility has every kind of resource, but sometimes it lack basic stuff?
Has anyone noticed the endless supply of contact lenses that match the color of the character's eyes?
Anyone noticed that the army/higher organization is composed of imortal people that are sent one at a time to a place they know from the 2nd or 3rd episode is a place that people go to vanish?
What about the fact that this brazilian fellow is constantly picking a different ally and everyone trusts him even after he was declared a killer?
Can we forget the imortal kid? No, we cannot. Why? Because he kills around 15 people during an elevator ride, but is pushed, stumbles and fails to even hit any major character. Do you remember his entrance? "They call him Scythe... because he kills a guy with explosives, hits an old lady in the throat and... well, I guess he doesn't do much else besides annoyng the lead character".

More+
Flag
I'm afraid in nine months, when season two starts, I may not care. Loved the first season. It kept me anxiously awaiting friday night. Tastes can change alot in nine months.
Flag
Wow, that was some really expensive coffee. There had to be at least €300 there....
Flag
First season was OK, it had some hits and some misses. Really don't like the Scythe, just can't take him seriously as a bad ass. Storyline overall was convoluted but I think there are enough good ideas to make for a quality sci-fi program. Needs a lot of tidying up. I'll be back for S2 but won't be waiting for it on pins and needles.
Flag
the show was great until they introduced the whole silly immortal characters... lazy
Flag
From a meta stand point, what I think Ron Moore may have done was trick SyFy into making a Road Runner cartoon on their own dime. Still, the immortals of Ilaria and their story have me thrilled that the show got another season.
Flag
This started so interesting. Why did it get so bad? How is Ronald Moore producing this crap?

There's no logic, no tension, no fun. Just plain old stupid.
Screw you show, I'm going home! No 2nd season for me.
Flag
This show and the ending proves - we all, them who watched this torment are indeed some sort of sadomasochists. It is after all a terrible show. Bad acting, bad script, bad decision making and lots of whaaaaaaaaa moments and yet we still watch it. Just like TWD, but much much worse. It is a narcissist, pointless and yet somehow narcotic (must be Moore influnce) show and to think of it - this was renewed and Firefly hasn't..
Flag
even one season was waaaay to much for firefly. this show will always take place at #1 of the worst shows ever.
Flag
It was AMAZING ! No one knows if Peter keeps working with Ilaria, no one knows what ahppened to Sarah, no one knows where is Hatake and no one knows what the hell happened to Julia ? Has she really changed or if she is manipulating Ilaria. Anyways, how can they make us wait until 2015 !!!
Flag
Resident Evil much.
Flag
Yeah, they're both a mess.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh wow... This finale was fun, but raised more questions than answers. It was confusing, but still a lot of fun. I will definitely keep watching this show, lol.
Flag
But that's what Helix has become, a carnival freakshow of a program that's more involved with showmanship than making sense.

i say this about American Horror Story sometimes.
Flag
Well,season 1 is over and it was an interesting ride.Helix will never win any awards or will ever be confused with great TV.But that's not the point of the series.Does it make sense?No.Is the science here realistic?I doubt it.Do scientists behave this way?Nope!Are they making shit up as they go along?Hell,yeah!But it is entertaining in a cheesy way with cheap thrills and that's the whole point of the series,giving you something so different from what's on TV today and getting you hooked on their over the top storylines and crazy characters.A 17 year old assassin,silver eyes,people living for centuries,evil corporations bent on wiping out nearly everyone on the planet and characters switching sides more often than we change our underwear but you can't look away.The crazier it gets,the more fun it is to watch.It doesn't answer a whole lot of questions and you shouldn't lose sleep over it either,you just got to go with the flow.
I'm definitely coming back for a second helping of this junk food TV series next season.The finale has me curious as to what is up with Julia,could she possibly be heading in the direction of series villain and Peter turning traitor was unexpected but that's what Helix does best,expect the unexpected.I expect the same crazy shit for season 2!Can't wait!
More+
Flag
That was disappointing. Only its ending was good. Everything was bleh. And SyFy renewed the series at the last minute (yesterday). Ugh(l(y/ee)). :P
Flag
Watching it right now. Just had to say thanks to Helix for screwing up Lares, Puerto Rico. It's not always one of our towns gets mentioned in a deadly disease scifi show scenario. Thank YOu! hahahahaha
Flag
I enjoyed the finale immensely, wtf moment (evil Peter!) by wtf moment (evil Julia!). If you want to, there are holes to find and nits to pick, in this and most other episodes. I understand, as I'm often the one making those observations when it comes to other shows.

To me, it's a question of expectations and what you want out of a show. As a fan of both DS9 and BSG, I came in feeling cautiously optimistic about Helix... and was disappointed almost immediately. The Helix pilot came off as cheesy and all over the place, with little of the majesty and pathos that BSG did so well (for a while, anyway).

But Helix seemed quirky, at least, so I gave it the four episode test and ended up enjoying it as something else. To me, it seems like the creators aren't taking themselves and the show TOO seriously, which has led to something wacky, experimental, and more than a little insane.

There's been a few slow or off moments here and there, but as long as the show can keep mixing it up with fun, kooky, oddball moments like a hidden chained albino killing themselves or an immortal teenage assassin that hates being called by his name getting the decapitated head of his Umbrella Corporation CEO mom thrown at him... the show has my attention :)
More+
Flag
This was super-disappointing. I think I was also disappointed that by Day 235 the world wasn't an apocalyptic wasteland of vectors.
Flag
Well, we learned they only released the non-Vector-creating virus in Puerto Rico. Had they released the zombie-Vector-version then yeh, I doubt even having the cure would have mattered at that point... Zombie Apocalypse would be unavoidable.

Holding back that version gives the writers more options: releasing it would have resulted in a zombie apocalypse series and while I like Helix I don't think it could go toe-to-toe with The Walking Dead. At least here they can try other things, with or without zombies, instead of zombie wasteland
Flag
My french is not very good but I think the paper Alan s holding says: Narvik... transmitable by black saliva this illness transforms humans into humans predators

Flag
Didn't really need to be Walking Dead, just needed to embrace a bit more fully its inherent Resident Evil-ness.
Flag
Flag
I'm trying to figure out why I watch this show. It's just as much of a mystery than anything going on in the show, and there could be a coherent answer at the end.
Flag
With this finale, the show has gone into " I watch so I can love to hate" category ! This infamous category had Under the Dome and The Following but now I have to add this in. Damn ! I probably should give up one of them but they are somehow addictive.

I am guilty, I am watching The following season two !

Under The Dome is coming back and I probably still want to find out the mystery of the butterflies.

Perhaps when this is back in 2015, I might not be interested anymore. If season two is on tomorrow, I will definitely watch.
Flag
The cross Allan put on the wall of the French café. I haven't seen it mention before but it mist be some part of the cliffhanger for the second season. Any idea what it might be? Any interest in what it might be?
Flag
Didn't someone below mention it was a signal for Peter? I just assumed it was a sign (for his gang/ posse/ resistance group) that there was a helpful or knowledgeable person at this establishment.

Flag
I missed that comment, but it will be a signal off course, I agree. The (good?) news is that there is someone(s) to signal. But they will have to be able to see it very soon as the idiot thing is he used chalk that will wash off with the next rain of will be washed of by the owner of the café as he doesn't want a cross on his wall. Another example of a poorly executed idea.
Flag
Show was really REALLYYYY good in the first few episodes and when I saw all that crazy stuff going down I loved it! When the show hits the high points, boy it knocks it out the park. There were edgy, fantastic, suspenseful moments that I never thought I'd see, and I want the people who wrote those first episodes to snap back into their genius and give the fans what they want. Some scenes that everyone can say were great (not in chronological order):

1)The opening when we see an emotionless Hitake calmly giving water through a squirt bottle to infected Peter. Sets the "WTF" feel to the whole episode. We then see in a few episodes time how he is turning out to be a stalker/father/amoral scientist hindering the CDC just enough to further his hidden agenda but always carrying that poker-face.

2) When Doreen was murdered unexpectedly by Sergio to cover up a discovery. I respect a show that isn't afraid to kill a main character (Person of Interest comes to mind), and a powerful one at that. I honestly thought she was going to be an integral part of the storyline at least for another few episodes with her personality.

3) Infected Peter intently cornering Julia in the shower, rendering her powerless by just his presence, and giving her an infectious kiss. Definitely loved the take on zombies being more than brainless murderers. Creepy as shit though. To be honest, almost all the vector scenes portrayed them as on the intelligent side.

4) Hitake being a complete BADASS by staring down vectors while planting bomb charges through the base. Walk straight through their nest, shoulder shove one of them out of the way and puts a bomb over the camera; "manly" is an understatement. Absolutely loved that scene.

5) Hitake again coming up with a bold move by strangling Constance Sutton with a watch garrote (007 would be proud) in the middle of an amicable, almost intimate conversation. Icing on the cake for having an off-base collection of preserved heads of his victims. One freaky doc, that Hitake...

6) Crazy ass hallucination dinner party (a la Skyrim's "The Mind of Madness" Sheogaroth quest). "Pass the cranberry sauce" - Hitake. A splash of hilarity and ubiquity amidst the show's characters taking themselves a little too seriously (Alan, Sergio and Hitake) and not serious enough (Peter. Just Peter).

7) The old "bomb in the microscope, come look at the cure working!" foiled assassination plot by the royal screwup Alan and his 25 years younger shag partner Sarah. Had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

8) Alan never mentioned he was a world class discus tosser. I was laughing so hard I laughed to tears after the "head tossed into a helicopter to distract a centuries old teen assassin" scene.

These couple of high notes whet my appetite for more, and I was really hoping that series would fix up its disjointed feel later on in the series. I was willing to overlook the glaring plot holes that many other reviews have pointed out because there was just SO MUCH potential to be unique, but it became obvious that most plot developments were just a "here's this cool idea that we want to- nope, we're just going to show it for 15 minutes and then never mention it again" thing.
-Remember the Narvik that dissolves people? Never seen after pilot.

-Remember that crazy growing culture Doreen discovered? Murdered and forever forgotten.

-Remember Dr. Hvit and the entire episode centered about his mystery? Head removed from cryo-storage and replaced by Sutton, never mentioned again.

-Remember when the vectors all vomited blood in a cup and fed it to Peter whose eyes regaled neon red, signalling that he was significantly stronger than ever, ready to rip some heads off and usher in the new zombie world order? Captured and cured easier than a beach ball in a pond, never mentioned again.

-Remember those three vectors that were never captured? Research facility blown to smithereens and never mentioned again.
-Remember the looney case chained up in the basement for 29 years? Divulges key information and then cuts own throat, never to be significant again.

-Remember Julia's mom? Throat cut, dies shortly after a cringe-worthy 'reunion' with the Scythe.

-How the hell exactly does the silver-eyes lifestyle work? We're never explicitly told anything except that once you get it, you stop aging and can heal off stab wounds and burns in hours, you can only die by extreme blood loss or organ/head removal (presumably), and you have to grind down your teeth with a power tool (unless Constance is into some seriously freaky shit which I... wouldn't put past her. In fact, I want more freaky shit, please Helix).

-Why does Sergio seem to have slept with every dangerous woman from Ilaria HQ? Damn Balleseros...

-Why do the vectors kill some scientists and abduct others?

-Why did Peter tell Alan to kill Scythe if he was in league with him? Suppose Peter agreed and cut off Scythe's head? It's not like Alan HASN'T cut off body parts before... What then?

The characters' off-kilter logic in most situations wouldn't be so damn... retarded when it matters the most if they just did what any professional scientist would do. I'm ok with the screw-ups by Dr. Jordan, the flaws in isolation plans, even the Vectorbusting suit developed by the brute heading the security department, but my God man, just act how any logical person would act with their predicament...

I'll be watching the second season, but it better shape up in the first two episodes. I'm not going to waste my time watching Julia geek out about chairing a group of 500 immortals of with a metal finger to boot while secret agent Alan Farragut double-oh-sucks at his attempt to reconvert her to the good side, Balleoseros turning into a mild-mannered Inuit-Brazilian husband, and Hitake out of the confines of the arctic lab, and Scythe being a baby.
More+
Flag
Basically there's something very good about Helix and Something very bad, First the good, very entertaining season, lots of ups and downs, twists and turns, also they were not afraid to kill characters, usually I'm not happy with that but I didn't care enough to really be effected by any of their deaths, too much was going on, so it was entertaining to see what would happen next. In the finale I was very happy that the facility blew up, didn't want another season of trapped out in the arctic, it's nice to see the characters may be a part of a larger scope in season 2, the Peter twist I did not see coming; but am intrigued by what happens next now for the bad, It won't be back until 2015
Flag
The finale was the worst episode of the season, the worst episode of a very bad show.

Alan tossed Constance Sutton's head into the whirlybird, sending the Scythe into a fit of crying out for his dead mom.

This scene made me laugh like a hyena, not gonna lie.
Flag
The
  • where did he get it from (did he know about the white room)
  • where did he get the time to retrieve it (wasn't he busy rescuing others) and
  • why did he do it (he didn't know she was his mother)
all felt like a negative Deus ex Machina.

Let's say it was at last a puzzling action.
Flag
I can understand the whole snow-fissure-death-trap head scratcher being annoying. But the Sutton Head was fine.

Hitake told him that there was ONE thing that could shake up The Scythe... and then the scene changed to X minutes or hours later. Presumably Hitake got the head from the White Room. I'm OK with that cut-out, some things don't need to be shown to explain them.

Like people lost their minds when Smallville had a depowered Clark Kent go to his Fortress after visibly being given the key to the fortress teleporter and a similar jump-ahead-scene showed him in the Fortress. Viewers wanted it explicitly shown how he got there... dude got the teleporter key, do we need to see him go to the caves and USE the teleporter too?
Flag
Um what's taking its place?
Flag
I'll be back! (Arnold or Hatake voice, you chose.)
Flag
I'll have a Hatake please.
Flag
Hate to break it to you guys, but this isn't Lost we're talking about here. There are no head-scratchers of significance and admitting to being confused after watching a show which likely has its scripts written in crayon is like saying that you could never tell which of them was supposed to be Laverne.

Flag
^^^^
THIS

Comparing this, in any way, to the brilliance of L O S T is riduculous.
Flag
What happened to this review? I see an appalling lack of imagery! You know what I was wrong before-- please return to the pictures-- your prose is painful to read.

Flag

Flag
What is this a show FOR ANTS!?!?
Flag
I know different networks had different renewing criteria
but why canceling FlashForward in 2010 and renew Helix in 2014 , both shows sharing same quality degree , both Finales last scene are crazy & had no sense.
i feel Helix writers was not confident it will be renew till last minute.
Flag
I did like FlashForward a lot more than Helix. That series made life hard for itself with the amount of problems it introduced, but I still had the feeling it may solve them. They never tried to close anything without giving a solution. Helix, amongst so many other things this finale, wants us to believe that a few survived the explosion of the station, even when they were inside. Next season we will hear they were outside and that explains all.
Flag
Ditto. Isn't ABC more stricter than SyFy?
Flag
The broadcast networks in general (ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX/etc.) are MUCHless forgiving than cable stations. If a network show doesn't hit some godly ratings metric then it will be canceled... usually quickly. That being said, ABC has tried some relatively risky programs compared to NBC.

Cable stations (USA/SyFy/FX/TNT/etc.) are much more forgiving... their numbers are always going to be less than broadcast just because only X% of the population has cable. So as long as the numbers are adequate compared to their normal numbers and the show gets decent buzz, they'll tend to keep the show for X years.

Sure cable will cancel it if the numbers tank, or after X years when contracts are up for renegotiation, but that threshold is a lot more forgiving than network TV.
Flag
Flag
One might think so, but they all've got their good and bad decisions in cancelling (ok, Fox the worst).
Flag
Some shows have plotholes, but in rare cases like this, plotholes have a show.
Flag
bdum pum (An internet rimshot)

You made me LMFAO
Flag

I really liked this episode - more so than the previous one, actually. LOVED seeing Julia in command of the silver-eyes group. My guess - she's infiltrated/ wormed her way to the top to ...? Guess we'll (maybe/ hopefully) find out in S2.

A few random observations:

- 235 days = just under 8 months. So Sarah must have just had her baby. Unfortunately, I fear she will still be around in season 2.

- That line about "as your people have done for centuries with their witch trials and inquisitions" - could this mean that the silver-eyes were mistaken for witches and persecuted as such in the past?

My wish list for the writers/creators for next season:

- PLEASE don't just "wing it" on the plot and wind up going down the "Lost" road.

- I know it probably won't happen, but ideally, I'd love to get rid of Sarah and Alan. Or at least have them replaced with other actors. Honestly, these two really just rub me the wrong way - mousy, wishy-washy, subservient, background wallflowers.

- On the other hand, kudos to picking Sanada as Hatake. I also thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Constance, Balleseros, Miksa, Julia.

- SO-O-O much could have been done with the Scythe character. What were you writers thinking?!?!? The most bad-ass character winds up being just a sniveling teenager?!?!?

More+
Flag
Hakake and Julia I am good with. Jules is an absolute necessity now. But as Rolamb has been saying - what a cool shocker to knock off Peter and Alan in the final act of the season 2 opener. I would CHEER
Flag
Thanks for the honour. They should indeed take some lessons from 'True Detective'.
Flag
I tried to watch it 3 times. I kept falling asleep. ( It was late). So I thought it was my fault it made no sense. Now reading this review, I am laughing realizing- yes is was crazy! I will watch season 2 because it fun to see how they move forward with the crazy. Also I totally agree, they just swept a ton of lose ends under the carpet. I seriously think the writers lost their way.
Flag
"...which sounded like the writers admitting that they were making shit up as they went along."

Correct. What disturbs me even more about the season is that we actually did not get many answers to some of the basic questions. Why was the virus actually created? They talked something about Ilaria wanting to control the world or something, but this was not really supported by the actions of the characters.

How did the virus actually work? They talked some sciency mumbo jumbo about that, but it didn't make any sense in the light of the fact that some people became immortal after becoming infected. They mentioned that some people had the genes that in combination with the virus made them immortal (e.g. Julia because of her father Hiroshi), but still, bow did it work?

Not to mention many smaller details. How did Peter get infected in the end? Why did his two lab buddies turn into liquid goo, while he turned into a vector? Apparently because they were infected by different strands. But how did both strands get loose like that at the same time? And why didn't the more lethal strand do more damage? How did the virus actually get loose? Who fucked up? Was it deliberately done by Peter? Then why? He didn't even have a cure at the time! Alan & Co had to come up with it days later. Did Peter let the virus loose on purpose just to get the CDC there to possibly find a cure? And why were the heads stored in the White Room? So, so many questions...

The Helix website says this: "Helix is filled with mysteries and "WTH?" moments galore. The good news is they'll ALL be answered by the end of Season 1 (we promise)."

Yeah, didn't see that happen.
More+
Flag
The virus was created to control the non immortal populous and to take a more active role in ruling the world. The cure was needed to protect their cronies from the virus.
Flag
Well that was disappointing. Nothing that happened in this episode was cliffhanger worthy. Explosions are a dime a dozen in season finales...I was expecting something a bit more original or at least shocking. It would have been better if Alan just died. I don't like the idea of him still leading this show in the second season. Billy Campbell is an okay actor, but his character is just so dull, preachy and clueless. The only way a second season with him would work is if they stacked this show with some awesome new supporting characters.
And what happened to Hatake these last few episodes? He has been one of the bright spots of this series and they go and reduce his character to just another helpless, emotional wreck.
Flag
Julia in charge wasn't shocking and cliffhanger worthy at all, yeah right... Alan wasn't that clueless in Paris either. Some of you whine too much, if you don't really like the show, then why you keep wasting your precious time? If you think Helix is pathetic, your whining is even worse, it is what it is, move on!
Flag
There is nothing wrong with complaining about valid head scratching moments. You can like a show and criticize it.
That being said, I completely agree with digital_dice, this was an extremely disappointing finale.
Flag
Where did I say Helix is pathetic? I happen to like the show(despite its flaws) which is why I watched all the episodes instead of quitting. But just because I like Helix it doesn't mean I'm going to pretend the finale was great. I thought the finale was weak, and Alan in Paris doesn't impress me at all. He doesn't even know his own brother is a traitor.
Flag
"Anana brought like a dozen snowmobiles to help everyone evacuate but one has to wonder how two people (maybe three if Balleseros got out, too?) managed to simultaneously drive 12 snowmobiles in arctic conditions."

Seems like you are really digging and grasping at anything to make the episode look nonsensical there . Even when there is no actual reason to . And i dont frankly understand why , as there are enough WTF moments , twists and season 2 stuff without going there .
Flag
In that case you should mention the WTF moments (as TIm did with the FTW moments) so we can share your awe.
Flag
I'm not in awe at all .I'm saying there was enough weirdness and confusing moment without digging so much for stuff like who drow the snowmobiles
Flag
Ah, it was your example to show that something as weird as that is nothing compared to the overall weirdness. I get that.
Flag
maybe the snow mobiles that anana brought used the drones from the 'diversion' ?

or she asked the locals she looks after to come back and drive them.

tbh seeing the weird 'silverfinger' pretty much gave away julia. so they can't regrow limbs very well then ? seems a bit of a problem for immortals.

what of alan's now pregnant protege ?

Flag
what of alan's now pregnant protege ? Nobody posed that question before in the comments and it's one that was on the top of my mind. Two possibilities. They put it and and she died in the explosion (as she should have as the explosion would have killed any body inside the building) and it was one of those Helix-logic things, or she survived the explosion and it was one of those Helix-logic things.
Flag
Actually, I addressed that question earlier somewhere:

Re Sarah, guest stars do sometimes become regulars. Otherwise, why waste several precious seconds announcing she is pregnant if that thread is not going anywhere? The baby would obviously be Alan's. Remember the one-silver-eyed guy being tortured in the beginning, saying "when they find you, they will force you to watch as they kill everyone you love"? Well, that would have to be the baby and maybe Sarah (now that we know it is no longer Julia).

Personally, I wish she wouldn't return, as she was really getting on my nerves, but unfortunately, everything points to her returning.

Flag
Yep, you said: '235 days = just under 8 months. So Sarah must have just had her baby. Unfortunately, I fear she will still be around in season 2.' I will not nitpick it for being an answer and not a question :-). Having seem the season, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just been for nothing. My two solutions as mentioned in my comment above still stand for me. She should be dead as she was inside the building. We haven't seen Alan outside the Arctic Biosystems and he had his brother and ex-wife around. Is there nobody else in his life? Didn't Julia kiss hem and asked him to come and find her? Although the writers made it quite confusing, I still got the impression they want us to think he's now back into her. What that means for Sarah I don't know, although I never got the idea is was for the long run. But if it's his kid and the kid is alive, it will be an issue. But as said before, Sarah will need to have super powers to get out of it alive.

Flag
Thats's all we needed, another superheroes series :-). i think we agree, we both would like her to be killed and both fear she's still alive, whatever crazy reason they would come up with.
Flag
And that's never happened before? :-)
I mean, she's immortal now and heals quickly, so what's a few explosion burns?

Don't get me wrong - I would LOVE it if they wrote Sarah out of the show, but I just fear it won't be the case. They spun too many storylines around her for them to just write her off: (Alan's) baby on the way; she turned into an immortal; she became buddies with Julia, etc.
Flag
You try to hang in there (in my case hate watching it)... hoping that the finale will kind of bring it together and make you go - that was pretty cool. I was hoping, anyway. And curious - like looking at a car wreck. But that finale might have landed with the biggest THUD I have seen (or heard) in quite a while. My expectations were low... but Dog darn if that was as unsatisfying as hell. Not a single bit of redemption for putting me through 12 episodes..

And as the guy on TV Informercial would say, "But wait! There's more!" Good dog - they haven't even resolved the 1st season and they are going to do another?

There is so pent up anger there as well because a wonderful show like Warehouse 13 is getting a half-assed final season, but somehow Helix deserves more money to do this again? Grrr.
Flag
Even we hate watchers didn't get the finale we hoped for, it was worse.
Flag
You know I've been a HUGE supporter of this show from the get-go, and I was quite disappointed by the finale..it was pretty awful.. I will try again next season but I'm really let down by this..
Flag
Dazed - that's a great attitude. I should just go with the flow. I just had this inspired thought they would pull off something amazing in the end.
Flag
Well what a mess this show really was I can't figure it out it started off as looking for a cure for virus and then chucked in Government conspiracy mixed up with inuits, super mutants and fast pregnancies. I really not sure if a tune in for season 2 because I would have sit a PHD in far fetched to get through the season.

The cast is good the direction good but the writers just keep messing the core of the story and keep things simple. Compare it to the daftness of the Under the Dome at least that comes across not trying to be too clever for its own good this show get wrapped in its own silliness.
Flag
Excellent review, Tim, thanks for rising all these questions and to think there are many many more left unanswered. It seems HELIX wants us to make our own theories, but it leaves us with barely no facts to do so. From what I understood:

1) DETONATOR: The Scythe and his team used some device to block all signals, jamming the detonator. When they decided to nuke ARTIC BIOSYSTEMS, the Scythe switched it off and used the detonator.

2) JULIA'S MOTHER: I have NO idea why they brought her there. To use her as a leverage if they had no other choice?

3) PUERTO RICO: I think that was a lie, a diversion of shorts. Its purpose? I have no idea.

4) THEY SCYTHE WANTING TO BE PRISONER: NO IDEA!

5) WHAT ALAN TOOK: I think it must be the virus, you would want to give it away if you were captured by ILARIA. Then again, why the Scythe simply didn't land the helicopter to take the canister? I think they wanted both the virus AND the cure... And the whole scene was so...

6) JULIA: ILARIA's CEO? Come on, what changed in 230+ days?! And who remembers what they said about Julia? Wasn't stated that she is a miracle for being the biological child of Hiroshi? Maybe the immortals can't procreate? I have no idea!

So, so, so confusing! It was a big lie when the director said we would be given answers!
More+
Flag
PS1. Oh, I forgot to mention! I LOVE the fact that the show will be moving to Paris. All super evil mega corporations with immortal shareholders and the tendency to plays gods are always located in the US. It's so refreshing. Oh, and that French song was the first song used in HELIX that I actually liked! Anyone knows its title?

PS2. Am I the only one who found ridiculous how Alan retrieved an ILARIA access card? You would think a corp with a secret like this pays her staff well enough to prevent breach situations like this. And for what? 260 euros?! Oh, dear...
Flag

I think it's April March's version of Le temps de l'amour. I learned about her from her song Chick Habit that was in a Tarantino movie

Flag
Le tempes de l'amour, by Françoise Hardy
Flag
MERCI!!! :D
Flag
Flag
The last two episodes suffered for one main reason...no vectors. The vectors made the show, and without the vectors, the show has seriously sputtered. Hear that writers, if you want the 2nd season to last, add vectors; oh, and infect Peter again. The only time he's been remotely interesting was when he was the black-goo spurting king of Arctic Biosystems. Now he's a douche a$$hole with a serious inferiority complex and morals lower than Level X.

Sergio...baby, you're back less than an hour and a badass lady bites the dust! That's how being a much better badass killing machine is done! Maybe you can give whiney Spencer a few lessons...nyaaah, he's not worth the effort. Just kill him next time you see him.

Maybe they'll have the next season happen in the Atacama desert, and make sure no one ever suffers from dehydration or hyperthermia.

But really, if there aren't any black-goo filled vectors next season, I'm out. The last two episodes were downers compared to the previous episodes. Now if there's a crazy vector-filled apocalypse, I'm all in, and I'll even bring the popcorn.

ps: Please, no Sarah or half silver-eyed babies. Just keep Sergio killing and vectors spitting and this show will be gold.
More+
Flag
Yeah, cause watching zombies is soooooo interesting... If you prefer zombies and pure violence, you have TWD for that, so I guess we won't seeing your stupid comments anymore, good riddance!
Flag
Troll.
Flag
222 days passed Tim I did the math 10 times I'm sure. I'm guesssing they'll put sum significance into this too.!
Flag
and frankly I'd need one hell of an opener if they want me back for a second season. I'm just gonna read some good sci fi this summer Probably one in a hotter climate. Chromosome 6 sounds good. It'd be bitch-slapping Helix in the face.
Flag
Buh bye then... go watch Vikings its more your style
Flag
and who are you to tell me Vikings is more my style?
Flag
Wouldn't take much.

C6 is a Robin Cook book, isn't it? If you have never read The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton) - one of my top 5 books of all time. The movies don't come even close to touching it. Sticking with that author and theme 'Prey" is amazing as well.
Flag
The thing is I've already read The Andromeda Strain it's great, but I haven't yet tried C6 and I've nothing against Robin Cook plus I don't really have a ton of viral sci-fi options.
Flag
Sure will do!
Flag
PLease send me a PM and let me know what you think!
Flag
And do they freaking EVER in that book. Great story if you like Virus or Computer stories. Especially if you like BOTH!
Flag
thanks for the suggestion looks like I got 2 new books to read and did I say I love nano-tech too! Those little bastards wreak amazing havoc on human species!
Flag
It is excellent. Robin Cook always puts out good stuff. You'll love C6. "Prey" by M. Crichton isn't "viral" per se, but about an infestation of nanotech that is spreading. Really cool.
Flag
I attended the Comic-Con panel for Helix and so did a ton of press so I'm surprised TV.com didn't drop the answers to some of the comments.

First, by the time Comic-Con rolled around they were about to start filming and they had nothing to show except a short teaser. Moore admitted that they hadn't fully fleshed out the story just weeks before the shoot. If it looked like they were winging it through the season-- its likely because they were.

Second, the move to France, however unexpected, was planned from the start. Moore said they were going with a new plot every season that centered around another event and location; from the start the plan was never to sit around in Arctic Biosystems. That knowledge actually made this season significantly easier to watch for me knowing I would have no attachment to the surroundings.
Flag
"Moore said they were going with a new plot every season that centered around another event and location; from the start the plan was never to sit around in Arctic Biosystems."

hmmm....that plan could actually work. So maybe Alan will assemble some super secret CDC team....who arrive at hot spots around the world to investigate viral outbreaks linked to Ilaria. Each CDC member can carry a sword or scythe as part of their secret arsenal. Yeah, this could have the potential to be very Highlander-ish. And didn't parts of Highlander take place in France too?
Flag
Interesting about the Comic-Con info. Thanks for that. That confirms what many of us has theorized, the writers had no clue, no plan, no end game….it shows. Still, I drag myself back for season two but they hire a better team of writers.
Flag
loved season one, enjoyed all the episodes. this last one has me worried that the show is going "lost". i remember when lost introduced polars bears walking around, weird monster thing etc, and i thought it was interesting and cool. then someone told me, hey the writers will never be able to tie this all in together. i never thought of that at the time. but he was right of course.

and now with this crazy episode feeling like I'm being had. peter somehow is actually a bad guy? say what? julia suddenly running the show at ilaria? what? how about the absolute stupidity...there is only one thing to stop the scythe (oh good they have a plan). surprise i'm waiting for you behind the garage door here with an explosive. (oh crap we did not see that coming) Ka-Boom? what was the surprise. oh right, they were going to toss his mothers head at him as a distraction.

the scythe was done terribly. built him up into somehting awesome that could not be stopped. then hitake just takes him out easily himself? what? so maybe that was a trap and he let himself get taken. who knows. lets see what he can do this episdoe. oh blows the place up?

oh well. the season has been intresting. check out the first couple episodees for seasons 2...
More+
Flag
I'm not sure if you stuck with L O S T - but as someone who has done multiple viewings - they tied up every single major plot point. Including Smokie and why there were Polar Bears.
Flag
LOST left a lot of mysteries unsolved, any objective fan knows that! http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Unsolved
Flag
Not a lot. They left a few MAJOR ones intentionally. As any dedicated LOST fan knows. I didn't say I liked all the answers. But we had more than enough of the biggies answered. Take what's listed on WIKI against all the mysteries presented.
Flag
Flag
So maybe you could summarize it for the rest of us who didn't get it! (And I even watched the extra/ additional/ post finale episode from the DVD! That still didn't answer a ton of questions.)
Flag
Well - that is a helluva POST. Maybe I'll write about it, I can just assure you - they covered it all. It wasn't all satisfying - but they answered the mysteries.
Flag
Happy to wait and review the list.
Flag
BANE - you are not the only one that feels that way. But a buddy and I sat their and checked them off as they were resolved. MOST were answered - you are incorrect. Although I did not like some of the answers or resolutions. Some are handwaved with a quick answer - you have to paying attention. I am not defensive about it necessarily, but the facts are there.

AlienCat has a good idea for a Post. I'll have to have the time to rewatch the 6th season so I can list them again.
Flag
I hear defenders of the last season saying that a lot, but I never actually see any proof. They tied up a few mysteries, like Smokie (but seriously - disgruntled brothers - what is this, Supernatural?) but left most unanswered.
Flag
Really was a dud of an episode though not confusing.....just poorly written. I couldn't stop being irritated that they left Spencer alive for no reason.
If you want to set it up so he escapes and causes more problems, so be it, but provide a good reason. Are you kidding me with, "if we sink to their level, we'll be no better than they are"? This is about who survives and who doesn't, there are no moral victories, Alan.

This show was fantastic for about 10 episodes and then just sputtered for the last 2. Save for the last 5 minutes of the finale, nothing happened of any real significance in the last 2x episodes to move the plot along. Even Julia's mother being alive appears to have meant very little.

I really fear that being out of the Arctic is going to kill this show really quick. That lab and those conditions were a lot of the appeal.
Flag
""which sounded like the writers admitting that they were making shit up as they went along."""

What do you expect, this is a Ron Moor show, making shit up as it goes along is the way he works, to the detriment of his shows and to the poor fans that have to endure it.
Flag
haha, at the beginning Alan says: Pute de fils (means S.o.B ^^) but its not translated to english on the screen
Flag
It's "Fils de pute" not "Pute de fils". "Pute de fils" would be like saying B.o.S.
Flag
I am not sure I am going to watch season 2. I will give it a shot, maybe a couple of episodes. But if it consists of Alan trying to be Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson's character in Taken) then I am not sure that I am going to be able to stomach him stumbling through tradecraft like he is a spy. He is a CDC Doctor and a poor one at that, that is it. This whole odyssey of him going after Illaria is just too comical for me to buy. Hatake doing the same? Sure. Balleiseros? Sure. Hell I would even buy Sarah over Alan. Alan has been barely competent the whole season. I am willing to toss the fact that this is a cheesy TV show in the mix but this might be too much to ask of a viewer.

The overall episode was good. Save for maybe the super powered sleds that can some how get the natives 100s of miles that fast.

I too am disappointed in Scythe. He was kind of a let down as was his girlfriend. Also, well done Balleiseros, he got around.

Peter being a double agent wasn't that much of a shock as I think they wanted it too be. Mostly for the reasons that the Scythe said and the reason he was there in the first place. Alan not figuring that out is kind of icing on Alan's cake of incompetence. But if kind of serves him right, he was focused on Peter way too much in the beginning and not enough on his job. I am kind of looking forward to that reveal if I stick with the show next season.

Julia becoming an Illaria boss seems interesting. You have to immediately wondering if it is her trying to survive and she is still on Alan's team or if she drank the silver eyed juice. I kind of want the latter, it would be more interesting.
More+
Flag
In would love it when Alan is killed in the first minutes of season 2. That would open the way for more interesting stories and personalities. If Julia would be the head of Illaria and they were the good guys after all (don't know how they could pull that off) it would make an interesting season,.
Flag
I said this in the other article but bears repeating. As unlikeable as every cast member is outside of Hakate - they would do well to start over with a new cast (like True Detective). Same theme - new characters, new story. And maybe write them to be slightly intelligent.
Flag
If they want us to get invested in the characters this might be a good idea to pursue. The only ones that need to survive are Hatake for his revenge spree and maybe Julia if they give her something interesting to do. So, please kill the brothers Alan and Peter for drinking coffee in Paris.
Flag
They need to keep Sergio too; he can have fun taking out Ilaria one member at a time.
Flag
Crossing a Paris street, laughing... and then a BUS! End episode 1, season 2.
Flag
Oh yea, there is definitely an interesting story to be had here. I would almost go with Balleseiros, Anana and the brother vs Illaria. I think that would be a lot more interesting than Alan. I

I am not sure if they could pull off Illaria being the good guys. But really this show could write it any way they want. I mean scythe laid the groundwork when he countered Alan with how many have your kind killed, meaning regular humans. That, with some skilled writing could be used as them trying to weed out the herd so to speak to stop us from killing the current state of the planet. I mean they will live forever and they don't want it to be another ice age or a smoldering heat factory. So I guess they could write it as Illaria is trying to save the planet. It would be fun if they did that.
Flag
Trying to get my head around those ideas but not succeeding. I do not want that scythe guy back, I am totally not interested in him. I would love it when they're able to resurrect his mom (have a soft spot for seven-of-nine). I still need an explanation for the white room.
Flag
It wouldn't be that hard to leave Scythe on the outskirts of the series. I agree that he is a poor character. But my hope is that they would keep him as a outside threat, bring him back a couple of times per season. And I still think there is a way to resurrect his mom. There is a reason that they kept them on ice, there is a reason that the Monkey's came back from the heat of the fire before they burned to death.
Flag
I loved it. Probably most cause Julia survived & I'm pretending the offspring of Alan and Brunette Jr died in the explosion (I'm as sick as Spencer but I'm not apologizing, there can not be a baby in season 2, it just can't!)
And did Anana really say 'eunuch shack' or was I hallucinating? Haha. I have to work that into a conversation some how, it will be my dare for the upcoming week.
And Julia Julia *sigh* I have a feeling you won't be my favorite character in season 2. At first I thought all those people around the table looked under threat, like wired to bombs or something but then they all smiled at her (I guess they could still be under threat though, she looked like a mean bitch) and her robo-finger. Freaky. She looked like Diana entering the mothership on V.
Well even if Julia won't be my fave I'm looking forward to season 2. What I want to see is Hatake being a part of the new season as well, what I don't want to see is Brunette Jr and/or a baby. I want vectors. Lots of them. Like a world war Z between silvery eyes and vectors with poor Alan stuck in the middle. Yes that's what I'm rooting for. Vector bonanza & loads of black goo. Peter the traitor can just die a slow & painful death.
More+
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members