A Helix Community
Syfy (ended 2015)

It's flu season, so what better time to roll out a trailer for a terrifying series about an unseen and dangerous pathogen that murders people? Syfy's upcoming new drama Helix will be released into the world on January 10, and now we have our first look at it. From Battlestar Galactica creator Ronald D. Moore, Helix follows a team of Center for Disease Control scientists who investigate an unusual outbreak in the Arctic. And yep, there's black goo. 

Will YOU watch?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/10/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
It looks interesting, but my major problem with it is that the only female character in it just stared around, looked scared and started crying. I know that BSG was pretty good about its female characters, but it's still worrisome when the only female character who appears in the preview is a sniveling baby who is meant to represent what the audience should feel and be the emotionally sensitive character of the show in order to highlight the other characters' strength in the face of this adversity.
Flag
SOME DUDE: "We're screwing with the laws of nature!"
TRAILER: "Play God. Pay the price."
Can you be any more cliché than that? Come on!
Flag
hi , all of my friends, I would like to share my own feeling regarding benefits of meditation. Why Meditation? Happiness and peace have less to do with gross objects; they refer to states of mind. Moreover, there is another kind of experience, which is the highest and is independent of worldly objects and senses. It is called Bliss. This bliss is one thing for which a person should practice meditation. Brahmakumaris offers foundation courses in meditation through each of its centres spread across the world.
Flag
Sure!!
Flag
Looks promising - I love that typical setting of being trapped in an arctic station with people or things going berserk... Can go wrong - but I will watch it anyway.
Flag
Looks like Resident Evil mixed with Thing. Looks shit, but I will watch the pilot.
Flag
Looks legit, I'll check it out
Flag
Yes, I will.
Flag
sure why not, this is going to be the new DOOM
Flag
Sweet!
Flag
I know what I will watch in January.
Flag
I can promise that I will maybe watch this.
Flag
ReGenesis wannabe??

Flag
ReGenesis wasn't exactly original either. The Andromeda Strain, Outbreak, Contagion, I Am Legend, Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, Twelve Monkeys, my gosh, ever heard of The X Files?
Flag
If by "wannabe," you mean "on steroids," sure.
Flag
Definitely will give this a shot. Looks like it has a ton of potential.
Flag
Yup definitely will be watching that - the thing meets the x-files........what's not to like? :)
Flag
Staff
I will be tuning in.
Flag
Relic meets The Thing?
Flag
meets The Hot Zone
Flag
It remind me of "Thing"
Flag
Yes, seems interesting – as long as it's not another zombie-thing...
Flag
The Goo looks like the symbiont. Maybe it's what would happen if there were no Spiderman.
Flag
YES!
Flag
I think Ronald D Moore did BSG very well so I would give this a go. However this type of story seems to have been done to death so hopefully there is something new and interesting.
Flag
I will watch it. I think for a first trailer, it is pretty good.

Flag
I wish it wasn't on SyFy, they are terrible. I will probably watch it anyway, even though I vowed not to get into another show on SyFy after they canceled Alphas and SGU. I threaten to give up on SyFy every time! One day I will, lol.
Flag
I also have banned myself from SyFy because of the "Alphas" cancellation. No great loss, most of their programming is crap or films I've already seen. The new shows I am interested in will eventually be available on DVD or Netflix, etc., and I am content to wait and give the producers my business, rather than the network (i.e., my eyeballs on their commercials). At least until they bring back or in some other way wrap up "Alphas." That show was much better executed than "Agents of SHIELD" and deserves a more respectful denouement.
Flag
I keep saying the same thing but keep coming back. I know I may be in the minority, but I love their take on Being Human. I honestly started watching it knowing in my mind I'd absolutely hate it, but in spite of myself, found it really good. I understand cancelling SGU even though I enjoyed it, but cancelling Alphas was just an unwarranted slap in the face from a network with little more to offer than crapfest monster of the week nonsense at that time.
Flag
I get the feeling that it's either going to be incredible or a total car crash, nothing in between.
Flag
I'll go with Maybe.
Flag
You know, I was going to watch this just for the cryptic trailers that SyFy has played in the midst of its more popular shows where it is just a white room, a guy in a contamination suit is dying by a vent, and then a pair of alien type eyes pop open. I had been assuming it was sort of a take on a Dean Koontz book. I am still watching it even if really the trailer, like a lot of trailers, doesn't really tell me a lot. So, I guess Haven's last date is January 3rd then?
Flag
Do pathogens really 'murder" people? Unless they're sentient...
Flag
In rats, there is a pathogen that travels up their amygdala and reduces their fear. It's possible that there might be a pathogen that causes personality changes. This just looks like the murderous zombie but not undead type.
Flag
Even then, it'd be the person committng the murder, not the pathogen.
Flag
Hell yea I'll watch it! It's Ronald D. Moore!
Flag
There is a difference between an Spanish flu outbreak and this kind of alien/supernatural outbreak... because this goes supernatural, right?
Flag
Did anyone else, upon seeing those eyes, think Eugene Victor Tooms?

The clip was a bit brief to get a worthwhile idea of the quality of this show, but it was encouraging. And thanks to Syfy (I hate writing that) for not limiting the clip to The States.
Flag
Maybe my memory is a little fuzzy because it's been about 20 years, but wasn't that Doug Hutchison's character on X-Files who made us all afraid of toilets, air vents, and doggy doors for a long time?
Flag
I just had to IMDb him to check the name, but yeah that's the one. Very creepy!
Flag
reminds me of resident evil
Flag
reminds me of The Thing a little bit...its Ron Moore so I`ll give it a look see...
Flag
When I read "The Hot Zone" back in the 90's, I've become a major sucker for outbreak/virus stories ever since. Hell yeah I'll check it out...besides, Ronald D Moore. Y'know?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members