Helix is one of those shows where writers get away with being lazy. There are numerous examples of stupid script blunders, including these (spoilers!):
- the infected brother, Peter, can break his constraints, but he can't stab Alan with the needle
- a guard is found dead with one hand missing. "why?", someone asks, not remembering that all staff has been injected with access tokens into their hands
- a CDC scientist sees a monkey running around and tries to lure it to her (and almost gets bitten)!
- the same scientist narrowly thwarts the attack of an infected scientist, but when the attacker begins to cry, she returns, but with a sour face, to the rescue
- the scientist treating the three hostile 'isolated' scientists leaves used needles where the trio can easily reach them (as they, of course, do)
- people are all by themselves all over the place with their backs to doors, playing loud music in headphones
Well, another potentially great show gone so bad and all because of lazy writers and lousy writing. Everything about the show is great except the script. Too bad, that!