Helix Forums

Syfy (ended 2015)

Potentially great show torpedoed by lazy writers

olijon

[1]Jan 11, 2014
    • level: 9

Helix is one of those shows where writers get away with being lazy. There are numerous examples of stupid script blunders, including these (spoilers!):

- the infected brother, Peter, can break his constraints, but he can't stab Alan with the needle
    - a guard is found dead with one hand missing. "why?", someone asks, not remembering that all staff has been injected with access tokens into their hands
    - a CDC scientist sees a monkey running around and tries to lure it to her (and almost gets bitten)!
    - the same scientist narrowly thwarts the attack of an infected scientist, but when the attacker begins to cry, she returns, but with a sour face, to the rescue
    - the scientist treating the three hostile 'isolated' scientists leaves used needles where the trio can easily reach them (as they, of course, do)
    - people are all by themselves all over the place with their backs to doors, playing loud music in headphones

Well, another potentially great show gone so bad and all because of lazy writers and lousy writing. Everything about the show is great except the script. Too bad, that!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

acrh2

[2]Jan 11, 2014
    • level: 4
    The who premise is garbage. Is this a miniseries? They can't possibly milk it for half a season, let alone multiple seasons.

DavidMaynard1

[3]Feb 16, 2014
    • level: 2

I agree. The show needs to be ironed out. If this were on any other network I would say that there is a greater possibility of seeing improvements but SyFy has a reputation of not caring so much about quality programming.

Edited on 02/16/2014 11:56am

dimakosrou

[4]Feb 21, 2014
    • level: 7

You are right. A pretty original plot with so much potential destroyed by not just lazy writers, but completely incompetent ones. This needs a remake before it ends.

mobilehead

[5]Nov 28, 2014
    • level: 12
    I think exactly the same. Original idea for the show has been wasted and the ending looked like at the beginning I have been watching something different...