A Hell on Wheels Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on AMC (Returning June 11, 2016)

Hell on Wheels fans, you can now stop holding your breath: The show will be back for a fourth season. AMC gave the order today—nearly six weeks after that hardly-a-finale Season 3 finale—for another round of Western, and it appears that the network is more confident in the series than ever before, because after three 10-episode seasons, Season 4 will be expanded to 13 episodes. And it won't even be split into two halves to drag out the suspense: All of Season 4 will air next summer.

Of course, if I were a cynical person, I'd look at this expanded season order and blame it on the fact that AMC is hurting for quality scripted programming now that Breaking Bad has said goodbye and the network can't stretch out the final season of Mad Men any more than it already has. But that's not me; I see this news as a reward for Hell on Wheels taking a bad situation and making the best of it. The show shifted from Sundays to Saturdays in Season 3, and while most people would write off such a move as a death sentence, Hell on Wheels defied the odds and actually performed better on Saturday nights than its second season did on Sundays. Maybe AMC is trying to appear as if it's not flailing, or maybe the network's execs just really love Hell on Wheels, but either way, the renewal is good news for fans!

Are you excited by this news? Will you be staying in on Saturdays next summer to watch Season 4?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/29/2015

Season 5 : Episode 7

Next Episode

AIRS ON 6/11/2016

Season 5 : Episode 8

26 Comments
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Love Hell On Wheels!!!!!!!!
Flag
Oh boy! Thirteen episodes in the next series. Well deserved recognition. Definelty qualifies as the best show to be produced this side of the border. It raises the bar of quality of Canadian product way higher....and I'm so glad.
Is it summer yet? I think I'm begining to show signs of HOW withdrawal symptoms. I for one will be so very glad when the new season arrives!
Flag
Honestly after how anaemic last season was, I really didn't care much either way. I'll keep watching out of habit, but I won't lie: I'm still missing Lily Bell. And no character has ever come close to fill her shoes yet.
Flag
I'm with you. I think I'm missing Miss Lily more than Mr. Bohanan. I'm optimistic that the writers will avoid any further curse of pox and pestilence and deliver 13 great series 4 episodes.
Flag
I'm glad. I only found this show because it was on Saturday. There isn't much competition from other scripted shows and I do like westerns. I miss the classics like Bonanza, High Chaparral, and The Virginian. The difference between those and and the newer shows was that the heroes of the classic shows did not have any moral ambiguity.
Flag
Fantastic news! I really did think the move to Saturday would be a death sentence. I'm thrilled AMC stuck by its show!
Flag
I am ready to lay some tracks, yehaa.
Flag
Best news I've heard this week! Even though the quality has gone down, I still love the show and hope season 4 is as good as the first season.
Flag
Lol, my first reaction to reading this headline was "Oh thank god!".

If the show had ended on that note (I would call it a cliffhanger but it didn't seem nearly as exciting or tense enough to call it that) with Elam maybe being mauled by a bear and whatever misadventure Bohannon had gotten himself into...it would have been awful. But now I can relax knowing that Hell on Wheels will be back to resolve all of the above and more from season 3. Yay!
Flag
MORMONS REJOICE!
Flag
Yippie!!!!
Flag
It's a great looking, well acted show that can be tedious to watch, as it is very character driven and a bit slow. I find i have to really be in the mood to watch. Though I do like it, if it had been canceled, I probably would not miss it. One thing i am not sure about, and I've yet to see the finale, but is he still out for revenge against those who killed his family or has that plot been derailed?

I also think the show proves that if you put something of quality on Saturday, people will find it and watch, so long as the network stands behind and promotes it.
Flag
Best thing I've heard all day!
Flag
Yeehaw!!
Flag
Really surprised. I thought the move to Saturday was a death sentence. Might actually watch the DVR-ed season 3 now.
Flag
Hell yeaaahhh!!
Flag
Hey, Elam didn't get killed by a random bear. Alright!
Flag
HURRAH!!
Flag
I'm in the group that loved Season 3 and the finale. Thought the last episode left room for so many story lines. Looks like AMC agreed with 13 episodes. Loved this show for 3 years. Anson Mount is an incredibly charismatic actor and has made Cullen Bohannon the most iconic main character on television. So many stories are in the building of the Transcontinental Railroad, with the power struggles of the very rich and the chanes brought by the Industrial Revolution. So glad AMC listened to their viewers!
Flag
This is awesome news! So glad to hear this, especially 13 episodes.
Flag
Such, such awesome news!! I love this show. Season 3 was really good. This is a show that can probably labeled as a underdog & underrated show.
Flag
Thank (insert religious being of your choice here)!!!!
Flag
And as for the whole 'will you stay in on saturday nights to watch it' questions... Id watch Hell on Wheels if it aired at 3 a.m on a Wednesday. The best thing about it airing on Saturday is that you can DVR (or lets be real: download) and watch it when recovering from a hangover on Sunday.
Flag
Very exciting news! I was worried that the lackluster Season 3 finale would be it, which would've been horrible.
Flag
That's some very good news indeed, it may never reach the quality heights of deadwood, but it's quite entertaining to watch.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC