A Hell on Wheels Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on AMC

AMC is splitting the tracks on the fourth season of its period drama Hell On Wheels. The network has announced a return date for the next round of the Anson Mount-starring Western, as well as an end date, and another return date. Let me explain!

Hell On Wheels will debut its fourth season on Saturday, August 2 at 9pm. It will run for 10 episodes through October 4, then take a break during AMC's annual FearFest in the scary month of October. And once you've eaten all your Halloween candy and your sugar coma has subsided, you can tune in for three more episodes beginning on Saturday, November 8. Yep, that adds up to a 13-episode fourth season, up from the 10-episode runs of Seasons 1, 2, and 3.

In Season 4, AMC promises that civilization will tame the West via the Iron Horses that so many men spent the first three seasons building, and that pens in the trusty hands of government bureaucrats will replace guns in the steady palms of 'slingers as the show's weapons of choice. Get ready for "conflict between government and big business, ranchers, homesteaders, and the railroad" as "all of those interests compete with one another for control of Cheyenne, Wyoming, the 'Magic City of the Plains' and the most important railroad hub in the country." Hell On Wheels is getting political, y'all! 

Are you ready for more Hell On Wheels? What do you hope to see in Season 4?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/23/2016

Season 5 : Episode 14

36 Comments
Comments (36)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Where's Common is he coming back to Hell`s on Wheel if not let me know so i can find something else to watch
Flag
Yes Elam is coming back. Read interview
Flag
I didn't expect Elam to die I hope this is a dream. Although, I love Hell's on Wheel I am not happy with how story line at this point. After all this time waiting for the new season. Very disappointed fan!
Flag
WHAT!?! I just read Tim's post on Hell On Wheels. Yeah, I'm late to the party. Anyway, so HOW (Hell On Wheels) is turning to politics? What about the killing, the bloodshed, the torture, the scalping we've been accustomed to. Politics is torture but somehow it's just not the same as some good old hands on work. I guess we'll see what happens tonight.
Flag
This is the best show ever got in to it on Netflix now can't get a nuff of it
Flag
MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW. CAN'T WAIT TILL THE 2ND.
Flag
I love this series and I am so happy it is coming back with a fourth season. I bought season one and two on DVD and plan to buy season 3. This series rates up there with Lonesome Dove and other great classics. My hat is off to the writer and all those that made it all possible for us to enjoy. THANKS!
Flag
AMC has proven that with this show they could revive the western genre. They need to make more westerns and put them on Saturdays too.
Flag
This is such a good series. I was afraid that they would end the show without finishing the story. I am so thankful for a long 4th season. I grew up on westerns like Bonanza, The Rifleman, but haven't watched a western in many years until Hell on Wheels. I really feel like this show depicts the real way the RR was really built and the way that women were treated in the quest for the west and the land grab from the Native Americans. Thanks to AMC for such a fine story. They have shown that a cable station can produce a better quality of show and a much more addictive interest that all of the Network stations who seem to only want to make cheep reality crap. This is awesome.
Flag
Have always loved Westerns, Open Range, Silverado, Unforgiven, Lonesome Dove; and I think Hell on Wheels is in that class. The show is well written, with excellent attention to detail and a fair helping of historical accuracy, plus I have never, ever seen better horsemanship in a movie or TV than Mr. Bohannon.
All in all, I feel that Hell on Wheels will earn it's place as a "Classic Western".
Flag
I remember how a lot of peopled dogged this show out and some continue to do so even though they haven't watched more than the first couple of episodes. Now that Breaking Bad is done and Mad Men is done (never seen Mad Men but it must be good) This is AMC's best show. The Walking Dead is OK but just so overrated. I will take Hell On Wheels any day. I loved it from the get go, even with all of it's flaws. I am so glad AMC decided to give it a chance and keep renewing it because now with the new show runner, everything has been trimmed down to a more contained and interesting story and it is better for it. The differences between the first 2 seasons and season 3 are so overwhelming. It came back as an almost completely different show. A better show. Now one of the best in my opinion. As much as I always loved it, Season 3 really fulfilled the promise and hope I had for it when I first saw the trailer for season one. Plus it is the only real western on TV. It must go on.
Flag
my goodness!!!I'm from Mindanao Philippines,I truly missed cullen Bohannon and Mr Ferguson......see you two guys on your fourth season..

Flag
Mr Ferguson is dead.
Flag
Since I live in Nebraska, I am addicted to this show and learning the history of the Union Pacific Railroad. North Platte was a "Hell on Wheels" town before it was a city. I can't pass a railroad track or see the UP locomotives without thinking of what those people went through in this state to survive. The winters are cold and the wind is brutal. Cheers to "Hell on Wheels"
Flag
Good news about getting a date for its return. It is probably best to think of the last three episodes as a bonus worth waiting for :)
Flag
Nice I can't wait for this show. Such a underated show. I hope that break between episodes doesn't hurt them or it's gonna be AMC's fault.
Flag
That's some mighty odd scheduling. Who wants to wait a month for just three more episodes? They should break it up more evenly.
Flag
I'm glad it's finally coming back, though!
Flag
Hopefully they keep the momentum going. Show was able to keep going after killing off Lily Bell (and Dominique McElligott who was so good in the part); and now they are expanding the season. Damn good news. More Anson Mount and Colm Meany at odds is always a good time!
Flag
No worrys there is nothing on Saterday nights
Flag
Pleased to have it return; although I'm still pissed at AMC for killing (Dominique McElligott) Lily Bell at the end of season two.
Flag
Yippee ki-yay!!!
Flag
Oh maaaan. I really enjoy this show, unfortunately didn't catch all of last season, but this upcoming season sounds like a real zzzzzzzz.
Flag
download it?
Flag
This show went downhill after a good season one. It got worse when they killed off the beautiful Lily Bell.

And I am still wondering why they never mentioned Anson wanting to find his wife and child murderers since season one. They made such a big deal of it in season one and now totally forgot about it.

How can this be good writing?
Flag
Hr killed the main characters that murdered his wife
Flag
That was an innocent man he killed.
Flag
I always got the feeling that he got distracted by just trying to live, that the railroad gave him a better chance at more contacts on the way to finding the killers, and that he had to set aside his initial burst of anger just to get more information. The whole population in that time period was increasingly mobile, wasn't it, as suggested by the construction of the railroad...
Flag
That is a possible explanation. It was just not done very well that it seems the writers forgotten about it. Perhaps they are leaving it as a final season big plot but too bad, I already given up on the show.
Flag
Woot woot! Yes! This makes me happy that it got extended!
Flag
Yee-haw!
Flag
Hell yeah, I'm ready!
Flag
I wonder if they knew those last three episodes would be delayed when they ordered 13 episodes for this season. If not, I would not be surprised if an AMC exec smacked himself in the head for it.
Flag
They better have one Hell of a finale lined up if they're holding off just the last 3 episodes, especially when DVRs are gonna be filling up with other fall returns.
Flag
Can't wait, love this show, great cast and writing. Surprised there has never been that much 'buzz' about it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members