Hell on Wheels Forums

Saturday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 1x08: "Derailed"

aldaros23

[1]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 53

Airs January 1st, 2012. First day of the new year.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yaspaa

[2]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 79
    The show continues to impress.

cawylie

[3]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 5

*Spoilers - Don't read this if you've not seen Derailed* Okay, so Elam lets Cullen basically horsewhip The Swede (apparently as payback for the neck-stretching exercise). I get that. That was my first OMG moment for the show (the strapping). We have seen gunfights, fist fights, horses vs. trains, but the belt whuppin (notice the buckle was on The Swede's end) was "purty kewl" as I expect to hear Eva say one day. BUT Elam intervenes when Bossman wants to set the record straight with the U.S. Cavalry guy out on the prairie? Who CARES if there's 5 other guys and the odds would be against them? That's what guns are for, and at least ONE arrow from Joseph before he gets "lead poisoning" (another line I'm waiting to hear on this show). But that's not my other OMG moment. It was the awesome Blair Witch moment when the group is awakened by the screams of one of the team and they find his body (what's left of it) on the tree. That was brilliant writing and direction! I personally have always been for the "underdogs," the people who have had their lands invaded (meaning the Cheyenne here). I can't wait for the series "heroes" to meet mine on the show, next week, and to see what happens when brother has to fight brother.

haldrey

[4]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    After a dry spell and several hangovers comes Hell on Wheels with an amazing episode. If this is not one of the best new shows it is very close to it.